• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Thieves

Dragonfly

*Buzz*
Reaction score
You know, I've just realized something. The Pokemon thieves in the show, even the supposed professional J, are complete idiots. They have no idea of just how easy stealing could be with the right Pokemon. For example, train a Psychic type to know Teleport and Confusion. Stake out your target human, and when they recall their Pokemon, have the Psychic type Teleport in, use Confusion to grab the balls, and then Teleport out again. Bang, you've just stolen all their Pokemon, and they can't give any description to the police that doesn't fit every other member of the Pokemon's species in the world. And they can't track you, because the Teleport could have gone anywhere. Another example, train a Grass type to know Sleep Powder. Stake out the human and when all their Pokemon are recalled use it on them. Steal everything before they wake up.

You know, I've just realized something. The Pokemon thieves in the show, even the supposed professional J, are complete idiots. They have no idea of just how easy stealing could be with the right Pokemon. For example, train a Psychic type to know Teleport and Confusion. Stake out your target human, and when they recall their Pokemon, have the Psychic type Teleport in, use Confusion to grab the balls, and then Teleport out again. Bang, you've just stolen all their Pokemon, and they can't give any description to the police that doesn't fit every other member of the Pokemon's species in the world. And they can't track you, because the Teleport could have gone anywhere. Another example, train a Grass type to know Sleep Powder. Stake out the human and when all their Pokemon are recalled use it on them. Steal everything before they wake up.

One thing that bothers me is why did't J just freeze Ash and other pokemon trainers BEFORE she took their monsters. In fact, she'll just freeze the entire area into stone, grab the selected monster, and get out of their before the effect wears off. Not only will she get away with it, no one will even witness her actions to begin with.

I don't think it works like that. I think it's one target at a time, so when she hits one person, the others will become alert, locate the source and proceed to attack and dodge the shots.

Chances are that Pokémon police are trained to stop these kinds of things (when not being incompetent). Besides, Teleport only flees battles, escapes from caves, and goes to Pokémon centers. Kind of useless for thieving, don't you think?

alright its a kid show, i know, im watching all the episodes again and sometimes im just like WTF?!?, but then i realize what i said earlier, its just a show so expect that stuff

Besides, Teleport only flees battles, escapes from caves, and goes to Pokémon centers. Kind of useless for thieving, don't you think?

Teleport only works like that in the games though. But since this thread was probably intended for anime-stuff, I imagine that the move Teleport can be used anytime and anywhere in the anime... so in that sense, it's actually not that useless if a criminal wanted to use it to escape cature from the good guys/authorities.

People steal anything. People steal people's pets, money, etc. That's the way the world is. And usually people who steal, are morons. Especially now that the ecconomy is bad. But to put it in a child's term, stealing will lead you no where.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom