• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Timeline According to DigitalGen6

DigitalGen6

Amid the snow falling down in flakes from the sky
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. They/Them
If this is the wrong place to put this, I understand completely, and I don’t mind it being moved.
——
Alright, everyone! Digital here with…
My take on the Pokémon timeline!
——
I did lots of research, and looking at Caitlin, Red, and Mina’s ages, and watching lots of videos, so I present my take! I’m going to be including all of the years the games took place in.
Here are the main timelines:
B6922E64-4F48-4219-B3FD-D64CE553F55E.jpeg
And here are the mega timelines:
EA894965-0D72-4A6F-AFA1-D8E8FD365313.jpeg
There is two types of timelines: Main and Mega.
They each have two versions: A and B.
That gives us four timelines.
Main Timeline A
We start with Main A. Let’s call it “OG Timeline”.
  • Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (1996)
  • Gold/Silver/Crystal/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (1999)
  • Black/White (2011)
  • Black 2/White 2 (2013)
To make things easier, I’m going to select a third version of the games (Gens 1-4), we can call this the “canon versions”.
- Yellow/Emerald (1996)
Three years later…
- Crystal/Platinum (1999)
Caitlin is 14 in Platinum/HGSS, 26 in BW, and 28 in B2W2, so 12 years has passed since Gen 2/4.
1999 + 12 = 2011
- Black/White (2011)
Two years later…
- Black2/White2 (2013)
According to this Game Freak member’s timeline (now deleted, idk why), XY takes place the same year as B2W2, but it has Mega Evolution, so this means it needs its separate timeline. We can get to it later.
- Sword/Shield (2019)
Picked because release year.
- Scarlet/Violet (2022)
Same as SwSh.
Main Timeline B
Alright, let’s jump into the B Main! Let’s call it the “remake timeline”.
  • FireRed/LeafGreen (1996)
  • HeartGold/SoulSilver/BDSP (1999)
  • Unknown BW remakes (2011)
  • Unknown XY remakes (2013) (if there is any)
Since BDSP have no Mega Evolution, it can go in this timeline. But that leaves one question: is ORAS nonexistent? Well… Now we can answer that!
Mega Timeline A
Let’s move onto this!
- Let’s Go Pikachu!/Let’s Go Eevee! (2009)
Given Mina was 13 in these, let’s say she is born in 1996. Mina was 13, and 19 in Sun, Moon, and Ultra Sun/Moon. Red was 11 in 1996 (Kanto and remakes), and 30 in Alola. 30 - 11 = 19, meaning Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon takes place like 19 years after Kanto and remakes.
- Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (2010)
Honestly IDK why I put these there, but a video I watched put these 1-3 years between LGPE and XY. I chose 1 year. (Glad I didn’t forget them?)
- XY (2013)
Takes place at the same time as B2W2, but in a different timeline like I said.
-
Sun/Moon (2015)
Not much evidence other than Mina and Red.
Mega Timeline B
-
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon (2015)
Alternate version of Sun/Moon and the bad guys won (which is why Cyrus got Dialga in Sun, and I guess Lysandre has Yveltal in Moon).

——
That’s pretty much my entire timeline! Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed! Discussion/criticism welcome!

Last edited:
So... here is the problem.

Sword and Shield are on the same timeline as XY and SM... due to the references to Power Spots in SM.
You can also get Type: Null post-game in Sword and Shield.
Scarlet and Violet are also on the same timeline as Sword and Shield, since Sonia's book gets referenced at the university.
Another problem is Colress appearing in Sun and Moon and he is not confirmed to be a faller (While Annabel is)

My take on the timeline
Timeline A (All the Original installments in a gen)
RBG = RS > GS = DP > BW > XY > SM > SWSH > SV

Timeline B (All the third installments)
Yellow = Emerald > Crystal = Platinum > BW2 > USUM

Timeline C (All the remakes
FR/LG = ORAS > HGSS = BDSP

Timeline D (Lets Go Timeline)
LGPE

Timeline E
Timeline we won't visit, but its the timeline where the evil teams won... its also potentially the timeline of the fallers.

So... here is the problem.

Sword and Shield are on the same timeline as XY and SM... due to the references to Power Spots in SM.
You can also get Type: Null post-game in Sword and Shield.
Scarlet and Violet are also on the same timeline as Sword and Shield, since Sonia's book gets referenced at the university.
Another problem is Colress appearing in Sun and Moon and he is not confirmed to be a faller (While Annabel is)
The only reason I didn’t put SwSh and SV on the same timeline as XY is they didn’t have Mega Evolution but you do make a compelling point
I chose the third versions of the first four Gens so it could be easier and not as confusing
I have no clue where SwSh and SV are on the timeline because there’s literally no indication
Aaaand I forgot to put Legends Arceus on it, fun

The only reason I didn’t put SwSh and SV on the same timeline as XY is they didn’t have Mega Evolution but you do make a compelling point
I chose the third versions of the first four Gens so it could be easier and not as confusing
I have no clue where SwSh and SV are on the timeline because there’s literally no indication
Aaaand I forgot to put Legends Arceus on it, fun

I mean... not being on the same timeline because of lack of Mega's is such a non-argument imo (And i am talking general sense)... its like saying RBGY have to be on their own separate timelines because of the lack of Dark and Steel typing, while other regions do have them.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom