• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Tin fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bz313

Reaction score
OK, here's the background:
I bought a Lucario Tin from Walgreen's. Now, a Lucaro LvX tin usually costs about 15 bucks retail, has a Lucario Lv X, and has four booster packs (I think one Mysterious Treasures and three Secret Wonders?). The pack I got was cheaper (only about 12 bucks, I think), but it only had a holo Lucario (not Lv X), and three packs, two of which were EX series. I got a Level X out of the only Mysterious Treasures pack, and the cards all seem to be real, but I'm seriously wondering what exactly I got.

Anybody have any insights? Should I be pissed? The tin seems to be the same as a Lucario Lv X tin, but the paper glued to the back seems to be slightly different. I've tried looking up this version of the tin, and it doesn't seem to exist.

It might be bootleg.

Walgreens is a re-sell place right? That sells things that never sold in a normal store? (Not from the US here, sorry.)
I find tons of bootleg things at places like that.

It might be bootleg.

Walgreens is a re-sell place right? That sells things that never sold in a normal store? (Not from the US here, sorry.)
I find tons of bootleg things at places like that.

No, Walgreens sells name brand things. I've never found bootleg merchandise there. It's a pretty reputable store.

However, @ the OP, if I were you I'd take the tin back and tell them about the problem you encountered. Upon a little bit of searching, I conclude that that tin doesn't exist. It's probably bootlegged or returned and repackaged.

Thanks for the advice. The thing, though, is that all the cards are real (I got a few fake cards in the mail a little while ago, so I know). Also, I checked the label that's on the back of all the tins. It seems to match with the contents (it says three packs and a non-LvX Lucario).

Here's a bunch of pictures.

As for the front, I've done extensive research. It is identical to a Lucario LvX tin front.

Also, I got information that they did do a limited time promo version of this tin.

I haven't seen that tin anywhere around where I live... then again I live in England, but I go to a specialized card shop where they import new card/tin/deck releases from America.

Hm....well you never know.It probubly was the limited addition.But at least you did get soemthing good out of it.Fake cards look...kinda...plaster..with a weird sordy look to them.My friend got soem once.He said they were from a target pack he got.He got a very weird looking Flygon Holo.But i think its fine as long as its Offical.

I know of the tin you speak, and it is actually legit. I questioned it, too, but I looked into it further asking both a league organizer and a head judge at cities, and they have both said it is similar to the blisters with POP series and EX cards- an extra incentive to get rid of overstock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom