• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon to begin HD broadcast in April: New ending theme to be sung by Shokotan

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon to begin HD broadcast in April: New ending theme to be sung by Shokotan

Pocket Monsters Diamond Pearl will begin airing in high definition in April, according to TV Tokyo. Also, the fourth ending theme to the DP series, iGet Fired up, Notched-ear Pichu/i 「もえよギザみみピチュー」, will debut in April, according to the song's artist, Shokotan.

Read more on Bulbanews

Nice try but you can't watch this in HD unless you have these three things. One an HDTV, two an HD cable or satellite service that carries Cartoon Network HD, and three an HD receiver (this is assuming that Cartoon Network is going to carry this in HD.)

Like Bulbapedia has claimed, Pokemon is into the game a bit late than other anime.

...Get Fired Up, Notched-ear Pichu?

So this means that thing's going to be in the show, too? Interesting. I'm wondering if NeP ends up being one of Dawn's Pokemon in the near future. I wouldn't be surprised.

yeah, it seems odd, it be the first time more than one of the gang has had two pokemon in the same evolutionary line....Pikachu and Pichu in this case so I dunno if that will happen, but I am guessing it could be in relation to the Arceus movie. Anyway, good to see HD pokemon, even if I can't watch it in HD yet.

I really don't see any other way to it. Either the Notched Ear Pichu song is a promotion for the movie, or Dawn's getting one. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Nice try but you can't watch this in HD unless you have these three things. One an HDTV, two an HD cable or satellite service that carries Cartoon Network HD, and three an HD receiver (this is assuming that Cartoon Network is going to carry this in HD.)

1. Cartoon Network is a cable channel, not a broadcast channel. There is no need to buy an HD tuner to get CN, because CN can't be picked up by the tuner — it's transmitted to the cable/satellite company, who then transmits it to their subscribers.

2. You can watch HD programs on non-HD TVs, but the picture isn't as good.

3. This article isn't about CN, it's about TV Tokyo, so it doesn't matter anyway.

you DO need to get an HD tuner in order to subscribe to an HD cable or satellite service but this will normally be provided. and I was referring to Cartoon Network HD NOT the SD version.

Well, CN's gonna get to this one around December or so, I'd imagine. So we don't have much to worry about until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom