• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Torouze

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
Official video

The DS sequal to Puzzle League and Puzzle Challenge is released in Japan next month, but is anyone intending to get it when it is translated?

It certainly looks interesting, though I am notplanning to get it. But then, I wasn't planning to get Dash, and I did. And this game is growing on me...

Pokemon Tourze looks like a nice game.I'm good at puzzles I may buy it when it is released in the US.

The game's title is Torooze/Torōze and NOTHING else! Some people write just Toroze because english speaking people will most likely pronounce the "oo" completely wrong, so there is atleast something little reasonable in that misspelling. But HOW does one come to "Torouze"?! And of course because sites like SPP write "Torouze", (almost) everyone else does so, too. Even play-asia and lik-sang misspell it ... -___- This is so annoying, and it happens again and again, just think of "Pokémon XD Yami no Senpuu Dark Lugia", "Rukario" and a lot more of this idiocy in the past.

Last edited:
torou ze is etymologically correct (トローゼ is simply 取ろうぜ written in katakana) - toroo ze is phonemically correct, though it should be accompanied by spellings like Satosi and Tookyoo. Neither, though, are formal standard romanisations - in Nihonsiki and Hepburn, it would be torō ze, and in Kunreisiki, it would be torô ze; however, both are not unheard of: the former is wāpuro rōmaji (though strictly speaking, wāpuro for トローゼ is toro- ze), and the latter is something I like to call linguist's rōmaji - you generally see it only in linguistic dissertations.

It sounded promising, but sadly, the puzzles are of the Bejewled format, not Tetris Attack. So I'm not sure yet. Though I'm a sucker for puzzlers.. Still, I liked the anime-ness of Puzzle League. Now THAT we need on the DS. (Which may not be too hard to convince Nintendo to do, given that PL never saw the light of day in Japan, being American-made)

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom