• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon towns/cities too small?

Pokegasm

Sexual.
Reaction score
If you compare the ingame towns (for example, Mauville City) to a modern day city, Mauville City is the size of an abandoned village. I mean, a town with only 5 buildings? What is the deal?

Yeah but, who wants a bunch of useless houses where people just tell you about how their Pokemon is an "outsider", or how they're amazed at how much people rely on Pokemon.

Yeah but how much people would waste their time going into people's houses? They usually just heal, buy items, and see if there's a gym in the city and challenge it

Well, Goldenrod City is a city to me. I would like a more city feeling. Like were there is roads and you walk on the sidewalk. But that's my opinion.

Well if they were to add enough buildings to make it like a real-life city, I bet you only 5 or 6 of those buildings would be accessible. Plus as it would take up to much space and be only there for aesthetics.

I can't believe how ridiculously small Lavender Town is.

Veilstone City, Celadon City, Slateport City and Saffron City are pretty big to me.

I hope to god you are kidding. I would not buy a game, no matter how "excellent" it is, if I would have to walk through big ass cities and towns on a DS. I wouldn't mind if it was like a PS3 or XBox game, but for a hand held it's just asking for too much. I personally get annoyed by how many empty and useless buildings there already are in the games, we don't need more.

Because it's a simplified version of what we're to assume it "really" looks like (notice that they look like normal-sized cities and towns on the show). The same way it wouldn't take thirty seconds to get from one town to another in real life, and houses would have more than one or two rooms. All video games do this to some extent.

I would love to spend 20 minutes just walking to a pokemon center and then another half hour to the gym.

No.

What would the point be in a whole lot of filler houses with nothing useful in them?

What would the point be in a whole lot of filler houses with nothing useful in them?

Some, like Celadon, Jubilife, Eterna, Oreburgh, Goldenrod and Saffron have builing that are just there for atmosphere that you can't actually enter.

Really? i think this is a dumb thread..
BUT BUT BUT
In my opinion, i hardly ever go in peoples houses unless they give you something.
I mean, why do i want to talk to someone who is "woried about team galactic" or "sends mail to their boyfreind/girlfreind"
I think the cities are good enough for me.

They could make bigger cities, but then they need to put more stuff in to, like the Porygon give-away in Vielstone.

Yeah, they should be bigger. If any of the regions were real, like the way they were in the games, I bet any one of us can go through it all in less than a day.

I'm fine with larger cities, so long as I can't go into every building. Cause then I will.

I'm fine with larger cities, so long as I can't go into every building. Cause then I will.

Agreed.

Larger cities would be a great expansion from the tiny ones we have. More items, pokemon and such.

Thanks.

Most of the cities are unusually small...

be cool if we could go on rooftops and stuff and battle up there and in alleys...

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom