• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon toys coming to US Happy Meals: Includes several TCG cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can it be a big kid's meal too? Happy Meals are probably too small for me. I also think it would be weird to walk into a McDonald's and just buy a toy without getting something to eat... xP

Oh it may be weird but there's a ton of us who do it lol. If you're really worried about awkwardness, bring a little bro/sis/cousin along with you. Or if you can't do that,just pretend it's not for you. For example when you see the toys, try to appear like you're struggling to determine what the best gift would be. Then look at the rest of the food court or outside windows "in hopes of finding whoever your getting the toy in order to ask them which one they want". lol There's tons of silly examples.

But yeah. I find it funny how the "Do I have to buy a happy meal" question always pops up during these events. I wonder if there are people who completed their set thanks to actually buying the happy meals x number of times. :eek:

Oh it may be weird but there's a ton of us who do it lol. If you're really worried about awkwardness, bring a little bro/sis/cousin along with you. Or if you can't do that,just pretend it's not for you. For example when you see the toys, try to appear like you're struggling to determine what the best gift would be. Then look at the rest of the food court or outside windows "in hopes of finding whoever your getting the toy in order to ask them which one they want". lol There's tons of silly examples.

But yeah. I find it funny how the "Do I have to buy a happy meal" question always pops up during these events. I wonder if there are people who completed their set thanks to actually buying the happy meals x number of times. :eek:

Huh? That isn't what I asked. I was asking if I could buy a big kid's meal instead of a happy meal. I have no problem actually buying one, I don't care what others think of it.

UnovaCastaway answered my question. xP

Last edited:
If you feel awkward, my strategy is to make it look like you're buying for yourself and another person not present. (like a coffee, burger, the toy, and a snack) Order it to go.

If you can drive yourself, the drive through helps.

I actually got wind of this from a buddy of mine who works at McDonald's before it was announced.

I'll be buying all of them, without the food (it's nasty). I'm past a point of caring about looking childish or silly asking to buy pokemon products. Bring it on!

And now I have yet another reason to go to McDonalds. :3

From the official site:
Pokémon-themed Happy Meals Return to McDonald's!

Look for a special Pokémon TCG Card and figure included in each McDonald’s Happy Meal®!

Pokémon Black•White-themed Happy Meals arrive in participating McDonald’s® restaurants across North America beginning June 15, 2012. Pokémon fans visiting North American McDonald’s locations June 15–July 5 can purchase a Happy Meal featuring one of twelve Pokémon Trading Card Game cards. Each Pokémon TCG card features a special McDonald’s “M” foil stamp on the card. The Happy Meal will also include one of six Pokémon figures, including Pikachu and five Unova region Pokémon: Axew, Dewott, Pignite, Servine, and Woobat.

Remember to visit McDonald's restaurants to get a Happy Meal starting on June 15!

Cant wait for these! And ill be doing the same Yash ^^ life is short

I wonder if McDonalds will allow me to buy their Pokemon display after they're done with it..... Should I bother asking them?

I wonder if McDonalds will allow me to buy their Pokemon display after they're done with it..... Should I bother asking them?

You could ask. I usually get the posters from them after a promotion is over.

Anyways the toys are finally out near me! I managed to get 2 Woobats. Opened one and got a cool Dewott card. As random as Woobat is, I'm actually enjoying the little fella.

Anyways the toys are finally out near me! I managed to get 2 Woobats. Opened one and got a cool Dewott card. As random as Woobat is, I'm actually enjoying the little fella.

Awesome! They're coming tomorrow where I live. I want to try to get them all, but I'm sure i'll get flippin' Woobat every single time. But hopefully they'll let me purchase their display when they're done with it :)

Do they just give it to you for free, cause I might do that since I probably might not be able to the cards.

Well I went to McDonalds last night and got all 12 cards since you can see the cards in the package, at least where I live.

I got Pikachu and Dewott today, but have had bad luck with the cards (all Woobat).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom