• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Trading Card Game for Game Boy Color to be released on Virtual Console in Eur

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Trading Card Game for Game Boy Color to be released on Virtual Console in Europe: ...

The Pokémon Trading Card Game video game for Game Boy Color will be available on the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console in Europe from July 10, 2014.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon Trading Card Game for Game Boy Color to be released on Virtual Console in

I would have expected either Pinball or Puzzle Challenge to come out first. Also, I'm quite surprised this hasn't come out in Japan (issues with Kadabra's Japanese name?).

Re: Pokémon Trading Card Game for Game Boy Color to be released on Virtual Console in

I would have expected either Pinball or Puzzle Challenge to come out first. Also, I'm quite surprised this hasn't come out in Japan (issues with Kadabra's Japanese name?).

Kadabra appears in other games with its Japanese name. I don't see why it would specifically be an issue for this game.

Here's hoping this will be released in the US e-shop too...

OMG, this is one of my favourite games of all time. I would love to see it released for North America as well... I don't usually re-buy games (I'd rather play the originals) but I'd totally support this game if it was released here. I wonder if Card Pop! will be implemented somehow? (Probably not).

I would also love to see a translation of Pokemon Card GB2 one day, maybe if this does well it will get a Virtual Console release. I have it in Japanese tho, so no biggie. (I actually have GB1 in English AND Japanese. I loved it so much I wanted to replay it but I didn't want to wipe my file clean so I bought it in Japanese. I paid $7 on eBay and got it boxed with the promo card!!)

This is awesome, I never got to play this game before! Here's hoping it sells well enough that they consider putting even more Pokemon games on Virtual Console.

I played this on my friend's emulator when I was younger. This is a definite purchase for me.

Personally, I'm hoping it sells well and they'll consider TCG for the 3DS.

EDIT: Apparently there was one for the DS?

Very good news, this has always been my favorite side-series video game in the franchise. I originally got into Pokemon by way of the TCG, although I never played it outside of this game.

Loved this game as a kid, glad to hear I'll be able to play it again after losing my GBC with it long ago (assuming the US gets it soon after Europe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom