• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Trading Figure Game

It looks familiar to a figure game that I have (and can't understand because the instructions are in Japanese). It's not the same, but maybe those figures will be released in upcoming packs or something.

Its something to change it up but I don't think it'll do as well as the TCG just cause carrying around 10 plastic figures is more difficult than carrying around 60 or 70 cards. If I had any interest in anything other than the games and anime I may collect them just to have them, kinda like I did for a while with the cards once most people stopped playing

• Staff
Trading Figure games like the Star Wars mini's, Heroclix, and various others have done amazingly well in the US, Europe and Australia. I wouldn't underestimate this game.

Hell, if kids can play things like the various Lord of the Rings miniatures games, they can play this.

I cant wait to play this game! It sucks I have to wait For this. I 'll might buy it on ebay if its available.

Archaic said:
Trading Figure games like the Star Wars mini's, Heroclix, and various others have done amazingly well in the US, Europe and Australia. I wouldn't underestimate this game.

Hell, if kids can play things like the various Lord of the Rings miniatures games, they can play this.
I'm saying it may do good since it's a new concept for pokemon based on a concept that's doing well for other franchises. I'm just saying like say I want to play my friend at this and ride my bike to his house, bringing a variety of my own figures may be troublesome.

I'm personally extremely excited about this. Giddy, really! I really love miniatures, and these look gorgeous - and if they have Kasumi, then I've got my fingers crossed that there'll be a Takeshi figure as well!

It's gonna be a long wait until 2007, when it shows up here in the States... T_T

*gasp*

Oh, I hope this stays! It'd be great to have a fifth media to have Pokemon on, in addition to the games, anime, manga, manga, and TCG!

And Red finally gets the recognition he deserves! Yay!

I can see my paychecks dissapearing now...

Seriously, this is awesome. I love figures to death, they're all over my bookshelves and computer. So so awesome.

All right, just looking at the image on the 'Home' page of the trading figure website, I think I can confirm for us at least two more of the figures.

Please direct your attention to the attachment, since I've taken the image and numbered the Pokémon figures for your convenience.

1. Our first mystery figure. This one confuses me a lot - perhaps it is an Unown? Or a very strangely positioned Qwilfish? I cannot make heads or tails of this one, literally.
  2. The flames are a bit obscuring, but I'm rather certain this is Torchic.
  3. Our second mystery figure. However, it takes on a pose we've seen before, and it's a very distinct looking Pokémon, so I know a lot of you will be able to identify it - it's Lugia!
  4. Charizard.
  5. Meowth.
  6. Pikachu.
  7. Our third mystery figure. It might be a bit tough to distinguish since it's a back view, but it's definitely Ho-oh. I know this for certain because the site formerly had a video up on it where it went through the same sequence four times - darkness, lightning in background that slowly reveals the figure, then zoom out a bit and spin it around a few times with the message "Pokémon in a whole new dimension" in one of four languages. The four figures they used in this were Charizard, Pikachu, Ho-oh, and Feraligatr, in that order. I'm not sure why they took it down, perhaps because they removed all but the English version of the site?
  8. Murkrow.
  9. Mudkip, though at this size and angle I thought it was a Tentacool at first.
  10. Our fourth and final mystery figure. This one also confuses me a lot - it sort of looks like a Geodude, but I think that might be whatever scenary is included with this Pokémon, and unfortunately I think it is also obscuring our view of the Pokémon itself. Hmm.
  11. Feraligatr.
  12. Treecko.

Also, from this image I think I can form a hypothesis about why we can take the figures apart. I don't believe it is for evolution, particularly since the starter packs have fully-evolved forms but no pre-evolutions. In the image, all the Pokémon on one side have black rings on their bases, and all the Pokémon on another have white rings. Therefore, I think the main reason the figures disassemble is so that this ring can be changed, and players can keep track of which Pokémon is on which side. Always a good idea, especially since there's bound to be duplicates fighting each other sometime.

Also - anyone mind if I start compiling what we know into a Bulbapedia article? =3

Last edited:
Interesting. I'll probley never be able to play it since my parents would go bezerk if I came home one day with this board game in my house. -_- I'm too "old" for pokemon. At least they don't cry if I walk home with the latest Pokemon game so I manage to get by and still play those.

As for the game itself, I really hope it'll be fun. I play a little Yu-Gi-Oh! card game (which isn't the best rules set in itself) but the board-game verson of it had a horendious rule set and was practicaly unplayable since it most of my turns was roll, end turn cuz I didn't get what I needed.

Okie dokie. I'll get cracking on it.

I'm so excited about this. Does it show? =D

Yes, it does, Pie!

I'm excited too! I would love to get involved with the TCG, but since I wasn't since the beginning it feels hard to jump into it. But with this TFG, (are we calling it that?) it'd be a great time to get involved with something new!

I hope this focuses primarily on the games. The TCG always felt a bit anime influenced to me, alothough it seems to be making its own little continuity lately. The games are really the core of the series yet they seem shafted. Give some of our beloved game-only characters some spotlight!

*squee* This will be so much fun, decorating everything in my room with figures.

And Brendan's blue outfit? Awesome.

I'm calling it the TFG. The website itself calls it that on one page, so why not?

And yeah, I think we'll see a lot of game influence here. I really hope we'll see a lot of expansions in this, and lots of trainers - although I'll be happy just so long as there's a Brock figure... <3

They really could expand far and wide with this, if they draw influence from the games... maybe a Colosseum set, someday? Figures of Wes and Miror B would be wicked awesome.

Bulbapedia article's up, by the way. =D

EDIT: Got some more info from someone who got to test how the game is played in Lucca, Tuscany at a convention called "Lucca Comics & Games." She explained some rules to me, and I'm updatng some info on the article as I speak. She says they could have changed since then - the trainers weren't a part, and she has no clue about the trainer cards either - but currently she's our best source on how it'll work, so [url="http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Trading_Figure_Game]check it out.[/url]

Last edited:
I'll have no one to really play the game with but I am so collecting those figures X3 They look wonderful and would look nice displayed on a shelf somewhere~

Oooh, the Meowth one is AWESOME.
Trading figures... just another bit of motivation for me to get a job.

So, is this just game canon, or will they work in anime canon, too? Because that would bloody pwn.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom