• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Trainer AZ, Alpha and Omega

Dr. Buni

Take me away from here...
Reaction score
I apologize for posting another thread, but someone pointed out (in some other board) that Alpha and Omega are, respectively, the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet. Now, if you played X or Y, you know there was a trainer called AZ in the game, who was more or less tied to the (lame) plot of the game. A and Z are, respectively, the first and last letters of our alphabet.

So, do you think he might appears in the remakes, somehow?

To be honest, I don't really see a point in him appearing. His story was fulfilled and his goal reached in XY. I mean, I guess he could appear because he wanted to start traveling, but I do not think he will bear any significance in the plot. Cameo appearance/reference at best.

Well if he appeared it would place OR/AS after X/Y chronologically. There doesn't seem to be much point to it but I'd like to see him (and his Floette) again.

Well if he appeared it would place OR/AS after X/Y chronologically. There doesn't seem to be much point to it but I'd like to see him (and his Floette) again.
Maybe, maybe not. AZ is old as fuck, so maybe he traveled to Hoenn at some point, before the events of X/Y. Unless I am forgetting something?

Maybe, maybe not. AZ is old as fuck, so maybe he traveled to Hoenn at some point, before the events of X/Y. Unless I am forgetting something?

Good catch, I can't find anything explicitly stating AZ stayed in Kalos for 3000 years.

IF OR/AS are indeed remakes, then it's possible AZ travelled to them in the past, and so, you could see a cameo appearance from him. But it's before he becomes back to normal, so he'd pretty much be a jerk.

IF OR/AS are set right after X and Y, then we could see him like he was at the end of X and Y. He'd probably be travelling the world to find out "what being a trainer is like" or whatever. And then when you battle him, he'd use his Floette. And when he's defeated, he'd say something like "You remind me of another trainer a battle not long ago... From my home region, Kalos." And then you'd never see him again...

Good catch, I can't find anything explicitly stating AZ stayed in Kalos for 3000 years.

Realistically, if someone was wandering around for 3,000 years looking for a beloved friend, they'd probably travel somewhere further away at some point in a desperate attempt.

It could have been a reference to the next games, and we might see something like this again at the end of this series.

It could be interesting to show AZ traveling around in Hoenn, but I have my doubts that they'll make him appear. They'll probably save him for the sequels or third version to X/Y. I wouldn't mind if he was in OR/AS, but it sounds more like something that they'd save for later.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom