• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cancelled Games Pokemon Trainers Mafia - Cancelled

Calvinッ

Ongo Gablogian, the art collector
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Heyo TWR, and welcome to my latest game!

Pokemon Trainers Mafia!

Red, Blue and Green's aim is to catch Pokemon, simple right? The Pokemon will be other players, following the types of Fire, Water and Grass. If the trainers catch the Pokemon with the same affinity type as themselves, they will buff their new Pokemon's powers (Although not in all cases!) and have themselves a new ally on their team! Once a player is caught they are stuck on that trainers team for the rest of the game. Do you catch the types with affinity to you, or do you obstruct the other players by catching their types? Or do you catch people you would like on your team? There may or may not be independent powers at work as well.

The premise, as with many of my own games differs slightly from the generic mafia template. This runs a bit of a semi-open setup, where a couple of the roles are explained before the game starts. These will be explained just below. In terms of the difference in mechanics, we follow a general 48/24hr phase pattern, and most will have a role. The biggest difference in this game is that it involves a side changing mechanic, which can only be used once per player. Red, Green and Blue have the powers to capture someone and recruit them to their side per night. They also have the power to type-check another target per night. Only Pokemon not already captured are free game. Once captured, players are locked to their trainers team even if their trainer perishes. I will not speak on any other possible roles besides the three trainers.
1. All BMGf and TWR rules apply.

2. Not posting in 48 hours means you get an activity prod from me, if you dont post for another 24 hours after this, I will be forced to sub you out or unfortunately modkill you.

3. This game will be No Outside Contact (NOC), this means you may only talk about the game in this thread, no PMs, Discord etc. (Unless specified otherwise)

4. The game follows a 24 hour night, and 48 hour day cycle.

5. Do not loophole abuse, if you aren't sure on something PM me before you post anything elsewhere. Attempting to do something that you should know is wrong will be punished accordingly.

6. No quoting anything in your Role PM, you may only paraphrase. You may not discuss win-cons.

7. Role-claiming is allowed, however name claiming is not.

8. The game will use a standard voting system, which means whoever has the most votes at the end of the day phase will be lynched, regardless of how many people voted.

9. Votes should be done in the format of VOTE: (Name) and UNVOTE: (Name), this both makes it easier for me to find and is just a little cleaner to read, in my opinion. A tie in votes results in a no-lynch.

10. Most importantly, try and have fun!

Rules can be subject to change and will be said in thread if I do change anything. This game is a large game so signups will last a maximum of 30 days, or whenever signups fill. Whichever comes first.

Feel free to ask any and all questions, whether it be about the game or something I might have missed, all are welcome :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest difference in this game is that it involves a side changing mechanic, which can only be used once per player
Once a player is caught they are stuck on that trainers team for the rest of the game
Once captured, players are locked to their trainers team even if their trainer perishes
Can you elaborate more on what this side changing thing is? You seem to contradict yourself.

This seems like a simpler Calvin game to understand, not too confusing mechanics. Three players are trainers each with their own faction. Remaining players are wild Pokémon and can be recruited by the trainers which will align them to that faction. Some wild Pokémon may be independently aligned, but there's no guarantee.
Am I understanding correctly?

Sign me up, hopefully I can manage this before my game and work keeps me too busy.

• Staff
Can you elaborate more on what this side changing thing is? You seem to contradict yourself.
Those all say the same thing don't they tho? I'll give an example, Red captures Giratina, Giratina is then stuck to Red's team and can not have their team changed again. Even if Red leaves the game Giratina is still on Red's team.

• Staff
This seems like a simpler Calvin game to understand, not too confusing mechanics. Three players are trainers each with their own faction. Remaining players are wild Pokémon and can be recruited by the trainers which will align them to that faction. Some wild Pokémon may be independently aligned, but there's no guarantee.
Am I understanding correctly?
Exactly!

So basically it is a game of 3 Cult Leaders and 11 convertible Survivors, plus a change cult mechanic?

• Staff
So basically it is a game of 3 Cult Leaders and 11 convertible Survivors, plus a change cult mechanic?
Yeah in a non flavour form it's like that, everyone (unless specified otherwise in role PMs) starts as a wild Pokemon, they can be captured by Red/Green/Blue, but thats the only cult change that will happen I can promise that, it'll just be Wild -> Trainer, then that's it. There's no other roles that can change someone's team besides Red, Green and Blue.

Those all say the same thing don't they tho? I'll give an example, Red captures Giratina, Giratina is then stuck to Red's team and can not have their team changed again. Even if Red leaves the game Giratina is still on Red's team.
Oh so only the trainers have the side changing mechanic. It said every player so I thought the Pokémon players could just swap sides once per game.
Rereading it, the mechanic only works on a player once, I misunderstood it as each player can use it once.

Time to spice up this game a little...
82diy0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom