• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon TV will end on March 2024

Fabio92

Reaction score
Very bad news from TPCi...

watch-pokemon-tv-169.jpg

Thank you to all our fans who have enjoyed Pokémon TV over the years. The Pokémon TV app and website will sunset and the service will end on March 28, 2024. Beginning on January 8, 2024, fans will no longer be able to download the Pokémon TV app from the App Store, Google Play, Roku Channel Store, Amazon Appstore, Nintendo eShop, and Pokemon.com.

However, those who already had the app downloaded on their devices prior to January 8, 2024, will still be able to watch available content until the app fully sunsets on March 28, 2024.

We’ve gathered a list of places where you can enjoy the Pokémon animated series and other Pokémon content. Please continue visiting Pokemon.com for the latest Pokémon news. Thanks again for watching!

Well dang unfortunate to hear about this. It was the easiest way to watch some of the seasons without having to fork over money for another service just to see one series.

Then again since Netflix is the main home for the anime in the US now I did kinda see the sun setting on this for a while.

None of the Journeys stuff is on there unlike over here. The site only went up to Part Two of Ash vs Leon as well last time I checked.

Why? I guess the old material doesn't bring enough traffic.

Why? I guess the old material doesn't bring enough traffic.
I don't know if that would be the case considering that they've been relying on old material for years. If that was a factor, you'd think that this would have happened at least ten years ago.

This is still pretty sad and surprising news. I didn't use Pokemon TV that much when I have most of the various series on DVD, but it was still a useful way for people to watch older series without going for another streaming service or trying to find DVD sets. I am hopeful that this will finally lead to Netflix having more older series available. Putting more on Amazon Prime Video would be good too, but considering that Netflix is the distributor for the dub in the U.S., putting more series there would make the most sense.

Terrible news, it was a fun and free way to access some episodes, we deserved a longer advice as the browser version has already died. :cry: I hope they upload the Music TV videos (specially the Latin American versions) to Youtube as they might become lost media if they don't.

Like others I hope this is a sign that older seasons will be more widely available on streaming but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just another of the company's cust-cutting meassures.

Sad to see that. I'm one of the few people who wasn't able to access Pokemon TV (region-locking rights be damned) but i can see how it was good to people.

Granted, we have a far easier method to watch Pokemon over here (although it's far more restrictive as to what is available and i'm concerned this access will end soon) but with this, i'm wondering if there is now no way to watch certain series without having to pay.

Very sad news, I watched it all the time on my Switch and it was a nice way to watch the old episodes easily, like stuff from AG. :cry: Still, I can't say I'm shocked. The lack of changeups on the app as of late (they didn't even finish uploading Journeys entirely, the hell?) plus Ash no longer being the main character meant that in retrospect, this happening was only a matter of time. I guess TPCI really wants to wipe the slate clean and move on from Ash and his friends, huh?

Very sad news, I watched it all the time on my Switch and it was a nice way to watch the old episodes easily, like stuff from AG. :cry: Still, I can't say I'm shocked. The lack of changeups on the app as of late (they didn't even finish uploading Journeys entirely, the hell?) plus Ash no longer being the main character meant that in retrospect, this happening was only a matter of time. I guess TPCI really wants to wipe the slate clean and move on from Ash and his friends, huh?
I don't think Ash being replaced really has anything to do with this. I think that this was pretty likely to happen once the dub moved to Netflix. I highly doubt that they want to move on from Ash and his friends as a result of this decision too. They still list various sites where you can buy/stream different series, which in retrospect probably should have been a sign of Pokemon TV's future, so it isn't like they're being buried away in favor of Horizons. They mentioned that they want to find new ways of making it easier to find the anime, so I assume that they'll make more older series easier to find on streaming sites as a result. Ash is still an iconic character and they have well over a thousand episodes to make accessible for fans. It would be incredibly stupid to not make older series available just because we have new characters.

I don't think Ash being replaced really has anything to do with this. I think that this was pretty likely to happen once the dub moved to Netflix. I highly doubt that they want to move on from Ash and his friends as a result of this decision too. They still list various sites where you can buy/stream different series, which in retrospect probably should have been a sign of Pokemon TV's future, so it isn't like they're being buried away in favor of Horizons. They mentioned that they want to find new ways of making it easier to find the anime, so I assume that they'll make more older series easier to find on streaming sites as a result. Ash is still an iconic character and they have well over a thousand episodes to make accessible for fans. It would be incredibly stupid to not make older series available just because we have new characters.
I guess you can just call me radicalized against streaming then, because........

Last edited:
I guess you can just call me radicalized against streaming then, because........

Your previous post had nothing to do with being radicalized against streaming though. You were talking about how this was going to happen because they replaced Ash and that they want to leave Ash and his friends in the dust, neither which makes much sense given the huge amount of content they have over the span of two decades. Being against streaming is not a bad thing since the model is certainly not perfect. Not having all of the various series together in one easy to access site is a shame, but that wasn't what you were talking about earlier.

Your previous post had nothing to do with being radicalized against streaming though. You were talking about how this was going to happen because they replaced Ash and that they want to leave Ash and his friends in the dust, neither which makes much sense given the huge amount of content they have over the span of two decades. Being against streaming is not a bad thing since the model is certainly not perfect. Not having all of the various series together in one easy to access site is a shame, but that wasn't what you were talking about earlier.
Yeah I got a little jumbled with my thoughts there, sorry about that. The reason I said that earlier to you about Pokemon TV being cancelled because Ash was no longer a main character and they were trying to wipe the slate clean was because I use streaming services so little (basically not at all) that I thought the reasoning behind Pokemon TV's cancellation was that very thing. (Or part of it.) I'm literally almost completely unaware of the streaming services used to watch the Pokemon anime, because I find streaming services to be a confusing mess, and I loathe using them. That's why I sent you that article link too, because I think the person who wrote that and I share a common viewpoint. Sorry for all the confusion.

Oh, and I wanted to share this too:

Last edited:
Yeah I got a little jumbled with my thoughts there, sorry about that. The reason I said that earlier to you about Pokemon TV being cancelled because Ash was no longer a main character and they were trying to wipe the slate clean was because I use streaming services so little (basically not at all) that I thought the reasoning behind Pokemon TV's cancellation was that very thing. (Or part of it.) I'm literally almost completely unaware of the streaming services used to watch the Pokemon anime, because I find streaming services to be a confusing mess, and I loathe using them. That's why I sent you that article link too, because I think the person who wrote that and I share a common viewpoint. Sorry for all the confusion.

Oh, and I wanted to share this too:

As trivia in the UK the dub is already now up to 12 eps of Horizons/HZ per BBC's player: you're better off viewing it online than on Netflix IMO, at the moment, if you want to check out the English Version.

Back
Top Bottom