• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon TV will end on March 2024

It is just baffling to me that in 2024 there is no where to stream/watch/access all of the Pokémon anime in one place; or the dub, anyway. You shouldn't have to pay for multiple streaming services to do so.

And that isn't even getting into being able to watched it subbed.

Pokemon still gets plenty of hours on Netflix. It's just the lack of advertising that hurts it. Lots of people watch on there, but if you aren't aware of it, you'd never know of new episodes until how late.
Weekly airings of new episodes on regular television were still better than this "batch" format. Pokémon as a show just works better in an episode-every-week format if you ask me, and I'm not the only one who thinks so.
It is just baffling to me that in 2024 there is no where to stream/watch/access all of the Pokémon anime in one place; or the dub, anyway. You shouldn't have to pay for multiple streaming services to do so.

And that isn't even getting into being able to watched it subbed.
I absolutely agree.

This is my major gripe, personally, even Yu-Gi-Oh gets that and has for years as does Digimon, sheesh.
There hasn't been any new legal Yu-Gi-Oh! subs for years. Both Sevens and Go Rush, the most recent series in Japan, haven't gotten any legal subs for some reason. Granted, there are still five out of eight series legally subbed on Crunchyroll, which is a lot more than what Pokemon has, but Konami seemingly stopped being interested in providing legal subs for the newest series once the Vrains simulcast ended.

There hasn't been any new legal Yu-Gi-Oh! subs for years. Both Sevens and Go Rush, the most recent series in Japan, haven't gotten any legal subs for some reason. Granted, there are still five out of eight series legally subbed on Crunchyroll, which is a lot more than what Pokemon has, but Konami seemingly stopped being interested in providing legal subs for the newest series once the Vrains simulcast ended.
I meant up to the fifth Series, to clarify, but that’s also a shame and thank you for elaborating: I’d take five over zero, if that makes sense, that is disheartening as well. At least Yu-Gi-Oh got most of its Series legally subbed, to clarify, in contrast: if Pokémon even got one, it would be better than nothing, but all we have are fan subs.

I wonder if this is a NY dub thing for “kodomo” Anime since it seems to still be just the duo that 4Kids first dubbed into English still not having full access to legal subs (despite 4Kids having kicked the bucket a long time ago with Konami acquiring their staff, and TPCi having had Pokémon, respectively).

I meant up to the fifth Series, to clarify, but that’s also a shame and thank you for elaborating: I’d take five over zero, if that makes sense, that is disheartening as well. At least Yu-Gi-Oh got most of its Series legally subbed, to clarify, in contrast: if Pokémon even got one, it would be better than nothing, but all we have are fan subs.

I wonder if this is a NY dub thing for “kodomo” Anime since it seems to still be just the duo that 4Kids first dubbed into English still not having full access to legal subs (despite 4Kids having kicked the bucket a long time ago with Konami acquiring their staff, and TPCi having had Pokémon, respectively).
Yeah, five series legally subbed is still more than what Pokemon has, but considering that Konami seemingly lost interest in providing legal subs after they finally finished subbing DM a few years ago, the franchise still isn't in the best position in that department either, especially when we have had to go back to relying on fan subs for the past two series after getting a simulcast release on Crunchyroll for Vrains. I'm still happy that they they managed to do what they've done. All of my favorite series are legally subbed and getting DM subs is a miracle onto itself, but it's just a shame that didn't continue with the more recent series.

I don't think it has anything to do with both shows being New York dubs of kodomo anime. I've heard speculations about why Konami stopped releasing legal subs, like how the Vrains simulcast didn't perform well, contracts with a new studio creating the Rush Duel series and wanting the dub to be the only official way to watch the show, but nothing has been confirmed as far as I know at least. With TPCI, I think that they just haven't been interested in making legal subs. There's clearly an audience and demand for it, but they've never been interested in appealing to older fans like that. They don't flat out ignore that the series is an anime or is from Japan, but they want more people to associate the anime with the dub than the Japanese version.

Yeah, five series legally subbed is still more than what Pokemon has, but considering that Konami seemingly lost interest in providing legal subs after they finally finished subbing DM a few years ago, the franchise still isn't in the best position in that department either, especially when we have had to go back to relying on fan subs for the past two series after getting a simulcast release on Crunchyroll for Vrains. I'm still happy that they they managed to do what they've done. All of my favorite series are legally subbed and getting DM subs is a miracle onto itself, but it's just a shame that didn't continue with the more recent series.

I don't think it has anything to do with both shows being New York dubs of kodomo anime. I've heard speculations about why Konami stopped releasing legal subs, like how the Vrains simulcast didn't perform well, contracts with a new studio creating the Rush Duel series and wanting the dub to be the only official way to watch the show, but nothing has been confirmed as far as I know at least. With TPCI, I think that they just haven't been interested in making legal subs. There's clearly an audience and demand for it, but they've never been interested in appealing to older fans like that. They don't flat out ignore that the series is an anime or is from Japan, but they want more people to associate the anime with the dub than the Japanese version.
Yeah, I’d say your theory checks out: it’s a shame, since the dub itself underwent many changes over the years imo even for Pokémon and even under the same companies over the years while the Japanese Version managed to mostly maintain the same staff from start to end. It’s a shame TPCi and 4KMedia/Konami respectively seem to want people to associate those respective franchises with the dubs of them imo, since while neither ignores they stem from Japan TPCi in particular doesn’t seem to feel official subs for any of the Series are worth it due to what you’ve stated and Konami is in a similar boat with the latest three Series of Yu-Gi-Oh as well.

Back
Top Bottom