• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pokemon: Twilight Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is nice. It'll be great see a series where Galar actually gets some focus since Pokemon 2019 isn't delivering in that regard. Only downside is how short and how far spaced out the episodes are. I kind of wish it would have been more like Pokemon Origins, focusing on Victor/Gloria going through the SwSh story. But I'll take what I can get to see Galar animated.

It would be super cool to see each episode following around one of the gym leaders.

Sorry, but it sounds like a slice of life about various trainers. Though I'll bet even money some GLS will appear. (My money's on Nessa)

Pokemon.com said:
Pokémon: Twilight Wings, which is separate from Pokémon the Series
^ in case there was any lingering doubt about that.

Something interesting to note is that while "twilight" and the Japanese 薄明 "hakumei" can mean both light at dawn or dusk, the Chinese/Korean titles explicitly use the word for "daybreak" rather than "nightfall". That combined with the tagline あの日、僕らは一歩踏み出した。 "That day, we took the first step..." would suggest a "start of an adventure" theme, rather than something more depressing if you were thinking that.

Galar Generations? Awesome! Looking forward to cool animation and engaging stories. Five minutes per month is kinda mean though, they should have waited a little and release at least one episode every 2 weeks.

(Also Twilight Wings is such an interesting name, and I can't really see how it's connected to Sword and Shield. It makes me wonder why they chose to use this name)

Maybe the protagonist will have Corviknight as his main Pokémon.

I doubt they'll be able to do much with a mere 7 five-minute long episodes. That's only 35 minutes being further chopped up.

Because the Main Show CLEARLY has little interest in Galar and has forsaken an actual story in favor of being Sun & Moon 2.0 (now with less useless classmates!)

Heck, this almost feels like the final nail in the coffin for a Galar arc... :cry:

Why do you always overreact in a super negative way? The main Pocket Monsters anime is fine so far and the Sun & Moon saga that you always bash at every chance, was great as well, jeez.

---

Anyway I guess this will be decent at least? 1 episode of 5 minutes every month is a total meh, will watch just because.

I enjoyed Generations so I hope they'll take what they learned with that and make this even better.

That poster leaves me curious, I can't identify either the two characters nor the location. Is it possible they'll be spotlighting original content to draw us in? That could go either way for me. :unsure:

So is the picture just promotion art or is that what the art style is going to look like? Because if it is the latter, this is going to be really difficult to watch for me. Other note on the picture, of course its two boys, at least they are giving us Galar, but they'll be damned if they give us a female protag in Gen 8.

I think that all of the Galar Pokemon will eventually appear in the main series. I highly doubt that some Galar Pokemon would only appear here.

This sounds more like the eevee special last years. Twilight is something that makes me thinks about either Marnie or Bede. They could get a twilight wing while Satoshi gets the rainbow wing.

It's interesting to note that of the two characters in that poster, one is in the shade whilst the other is directly in the sunlight. Wonder if that has anything to do with the title being "Twilight Wings"... :unsure:

"Pokémon: Twilight Wings will show in detail the dreams of Galar's residents, the realities they face, the challenges they must overcome, and the conflicts they must resolve."

Hmm... with it only being 7 episodes of 5 minutes length each I suspect we're looking at a small cast and possible a small scale but personal adventure.

the Sun & Moon saga was great
Sun & Moon saga
... You just gave me a heart attack. I would give you some kind of speciall award, but seeing as this statement was enough I guess it's not too difficu.... Ueuhhh... *Dies*

... Oh yeah, my thoughts on Twilight Wings.
I guess immediate ressurection just to lend me a voice in this is kind of weird, though.

I'll start from a confession: I don't like the current direction in which the main anime is going. Region hoping every episode is an idea that was criticized thoroughly enough, and I can't stress just how much of a disappointment Pikachu's backstory ended up being. It would seem that the new Pokemon series is pretty 'ehh, okay' at best, and from the preview of Episode 6, I would say 'heartless and apathic' at worst. We can only hope this episode is the only time this kind of thing will happen...

So hearing about this new series, I... sighed. I never heard before of this 'Studio Colorido', and like, really!? Why isn't the main anime like that? I mean, region hopping would have been far more acceptable should they spend more than one ep in each region, but instead of doing that in the main series, they are going to focus on Galar, and only Galar in a side series?

But of course, being close minded isn't helpfull at all, so I looked up this Studio and... Well, it seems alright. Nothing too speciall, but nothing too bad either. Their art and animation is quite pretty.

I am interested in what they're going to do here, but I must say, the fact they're using a side series to focus on Galar still makes me kind of disappointed. I mean, worldbuilding and setting was never a strong aspect of the Pokemon franchise, something I could go on complaining about for hours, but since both the previous, and the new anime series are breaking a lot of Pokemon anime trends, I hoped they are going to properly serve the worldbuilding. But instead of that, I get the main anime series with incredibly boring and fantastically unrealized universe, and a side series of 7, 5 minute shorts that might, strong emphasis on might, improve upon this aspect. Sigh...

What is up with all these 5 minutes episodes focusing on the games? :unsure:

It feels like they have been thinking about making a new anime that focuses on the storylines from the games since Gen 5 but they never go through with it. But the fact that they are making yet another series based on the games hints that they know that there is a demand for it.

I hope that there will be an episode focusing on Bede's backstory and how he met Rose.

Voice Cast (including some who've worked in Pokemon before):

Yuuki Aoi
Shindou Kei
Sakurai Takahiro
Kazuhiro Yamaji
Nagao Ayumi
Kitamura Eri
Amamiya Sora
Yuuko Sanpei
Hirohashi Ryou
Lynn
Seirou Ogino