• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Type Combinations

kurtoise

Reaction score
What new type combinations would you like to see be added, in future generations, and why?

I'd like to see a Ghost/Steel one. If it wouldn't bother you, I'd like a Pokemon with this combination to have the ability Levitate. It's a great type synergy, don't you think?

I do like that one.
The Levitate is a nice touch.

Could be a possessed machine situation.
A bit like Rotom, but better.

I'd like to see a major Bug/Water-type.

Because we just have Surskit...
It's cool, and all, but not very versatile.
They're my two favourite types, so I'd love to see them be a lot more usable together.

Water/Fire
Poison/Ground with Levitate
Dragon/Bug would be soooo awesome :)

Normal/Psychic poor Girafarig
Fire/Grass
Ice/Flying (Gotta be better than Delibird) And what about Articuno?
Steel/Grass Ferrothorn will Power Whip you!
Fire/Psychic Victini and Zen Mode Darmanitan would like to have word with you
Fighting/Grass Breloom and Virizion do not agree

As for myself:
- Fighting/Flying would be cool, also Flying will be paired with every typing then. Keep it for a Farfetch'd evolution then though.
- Fighting/Ground. Yeah, we have Fighting/Steel and Fighting/Rock, we still need a Fighting/Ground type for those sandstorm teams.
- Bug/Dark, why doesn't this exist yet?
- Dragon/Grass, because we have Dragon/Fire, Dragon/Water and Dragon/Electric.

Girafarig is average, Virizion, Victini and Articuno are legendaries (therefore most people wouldnt use them in-game) and I've not used a Breloom since RSE.

Just because these types exist, it doesn't mean that we shouldn't want to see them again.

In all fairness.
It did say NEW type combinations...

Water/Fire and Flying/Fighting because they are the only combinations of Water and Flying which don't exist currently and it would be interesting to see how the two types of which the primary is super effective against the secondary would be possible. Grass/Fire would also be interesting because currently the Lotad evolutionary family is the only family which has two starter Pokémon types in it's type combination.

Girafarig is average, Virizion, Victini and Articuno are legendaries (therefore most people wouldnt use them in-game) and I've not used a Breloom since RSE.

Just because these types exist, it doesn't mean that we shouldn't want to see them again.

Ehm, Gligar and Gliscor are Flying/Ground, not Fighting/Ground, so yeah...

And I know, but the OP asked for new type combinations.

I think Ghost/Steel and Ghost/Normal would be intriguing as far as their resistances and immunities. I would also like to see a Fire/Ice and Electric/Dark type pokemon.

hmmm I will say ghost/flying, I know there is already drifloon and drifblim but when you think of ghosts what do they do? Fly, well not really they float or levitate but it is a part of what I think a ghost is. Now electric/ice does seem super interesting to me but I don't want it unless it is something that seems alright. I don't mean stats just it makes sense not like it is a pink flufball with stretchy arms. I also think a bug/dark or vise versa would be interesting because it seems like the two would go together well.

I would like to see a Poison/Electric w/Levitate because BEST SWITCH-IN EVER! For Ground...

Oh, Fire/Ice definitely. After all, we have the Snowpoint Ice Cream treats and Dawn's Flame Ice as proof that the writers have entertained the idea on the anime side.

And Ghost/Steel. Because the designers did such a great job with new type combinations involving Ghosts in BW. They can't fail me now.

And Fire/Grass, just because we now already have Fire/Bug. Keep the line of thought going.

Poison/Dragon, Poison/Ghost, Dark/Electric, Fire/Ice...

Maybe more later.

I'm still waiting for Grass/Fire and Water/Fire type combos, also I'm still waiting for a Dark/Psychic type. I would love to see some more Normal type combos, I want to see a Normal/Ghost, Normal/Dark, and Normal/Steel.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom