• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon UltraSun and UltraMoon Corocoro

I can see where you're coming from, and I agree that the side quest was a nice change of pace. However, I still don't think that's all Game Freak should have done with Zygarde. The execution of the side quest wasn't that good, not to mention that it just ends after collecting all one hundred cores and cells right at the very climax. That abrupt ending really wasn't worth it for Game Freak in my opinion. Hopefully USUM gives the thing a proper conclusion this time instead of Sina calling with this: "Oh, you're done? Bye-bye now!" Just explain why Zygarde is there, Game Freak! That's all I'm asking!

And I can see where you're coming from, and I agree to an extent, but then again, they're literally only one sentence away from doing "all you ask." Yes, it would be nice for them to not beat around the bush, but are the words "it must have been sensing the presence of the Ultra Beasts and felt compelled to intervene" really worth that much in the grand scheme of things? Or is it more just a certainly unnecessary but ultimately minor annoyance?

If USUM isn't enough to hold us over till Switch, if 2018 will be break year, I hope we get PMD game for Switch to hold us over till Gen VIII comes.

GameFreak do not make PMD. I don't think GameFreak will rely on a Spin-Off to tide over the main series buyers. Main games are like a huge and delicious ice cream cake, but spin offs are like the slice of a sponge cake, atleast in terms of sales and hype among the majority. (No offence to spin-off fans, and my comment in no way means we shouldn't get spin offs. We just shouldn't get spin offs whose sole purpose is to 'tide us over'.

GameFreak do not make PMD. I don't think GameFreak will rely on a Spin-Off to tide over the main series buyers. Main games are like a huge and delicious ice cream cake, but spin offs are like the slice of a sponge cake, atleast in terms of sales and hype among the majority. (No offence to spin-off fans, and my comment in no way means we shouldn't get spin offs. We just shouldn't get spin offs whose sole purpose is to 'tide us over'.
We may have a break year in 2018 where only a spin-off will come out, though. That is, assuming gen 8 will not be 2018. We had the same in 2015 and we got super MD

Either way, Serebii posted a new page from corocoro, showing a z-thing for carrotwolf (and apparently the other 2 wolfies as well)

DJl68wsXgAA8gL2.jpg:large
Page says you can only evolve eventdog between 17:00-17:59 at level 25 and that the dog has Own Tempo. Z-thing requires stone edge and is called Radial EDGE Storm. Eliminates field effects apparently. Meh

Last edited by a moderator:
Page says you can only evolve eventdog between 17:00-17:59 at level 25 and that the dog has Own Tempo. Z-thing requires stone edge and is called Radial EDGE Storm. Eliminates field effects apparently. Meh

Huh, so there's a tiny chance it'll be a breedable ability, though it'll more likely be in the vein of Ash-Greninja. At least the Z-Move is usable by all the forms, so Lycanroc still gets something new ingame if you miss the event.

Still a little salty that it's event exclusive, but I guess it could be worse. Maybe they'll give us a bit more lore in either the anime or the games about what Own Tempo has to do with it, but that might be asking too much.

Also, Rockruff is locked to Own Tempo, that means Lycanroc-Dusk will probably be locked to Tough Claws, which kind of makes sense for an event Pokemon now that I think about it.

Page says you can only evolve eventdog between 17:00-17:59

And here I was thinking GF wouldn't actually go there but... they went there -_-

Making an evolution time specific is already a pain, but a timespan of one hour?? This is ridiculous and incredibly player-unfriendly, you can't expect everyone to be able to play during that specific time, a lot of people aren't even home from work yet then or eating dinner or whatever. Now these people have to change the time or wait multiple days until they can evolve the thing, this is just... ugh :/

Also, if there's still a difference between day and night in Ultra Sun/Moon, then that time in Ultra Moon (I assume) will not be dusk at all, making the English name of the form just ridiculous :p

And here I was thinking GF wouldn't actually go there but... they went there -_-

Making an evolution time specific is already a pain, but a timespan of one hour?? This is ridiculous and incredibly player-unfriendly, you can't expect everyone to be able to play during that specific time, a lot of people aren't even home from work yet then or eating dinner or whatever. Now these people have to change the time or wait multiple days until they can evolve the thing, this is just... ugh :/

Also, if there's still a difference between day and night in Ultra Sun/Moon, then that time in Ultra Moon (I assume) will not be dusk at all, making the English name of the form just ridiculous :p

My friends said Serebii mistranslated last time about Lycanrock cause his name mean Dusk not Twillight.

I think you already know what is different between of those two, twilight mean the transition time between day and night (dusk) or night and day (dawn).

And this new Corocoro reveal Dusk Lycanrock can only evolve from 17:00 to 17:59 make me believe there is one more Dawn form (like 5:00 to 5:59).

My friends said Serebii mistranslated last time about Lycanrock cause his name mean Dusk not Twillight.

I think you already know what is different between of those two, twilight mean the transition time between day and night (dusk) or night and day (dawn).

And this new Corocoro reveal Dusk Lycanrock can only evolve from 17:00 to 17:59 make me believe there is one more Dawn form (like 5:00 to 5:59).

Its Japanese name indeed means Twilight, which makes it harder to believe there's going to be a Dawn form too, because what would its Japanese name be? Its Japanese name already means both dusk and dawn so yeah. There must be some reason the English translators didn't name it Twilight Form though...

Its Japanese name indeed means Twilight, which makes it harder to believe there's going to be a Dawn form too, because what would its Japanese name be? Its Japanese name already means both dusk and dawn so yeah. There must be some reason the English translators didn't name it Twilight Form though...

Don't you think Mane of Twilight and Wings of Dawn is a little odd? Doesn't it need to be Mane of Dusk and Wings of Dawn?

たそがれ (tasogare) mean Dusk or Twilight, I think in this case, Dusk is better.

Last edited:

Doesn't Necrozma's forms use Twilight and Dawn, though? We do still have to wait for the English translation to see if they'll change the Twilight to Dusk.

I agree it is strange that Dusk Form can only evolve at 17:00-17:59 and not 05:00-05:59 as well, especially if it's supposed to actually represent twilight. It may increase the chances, but I'm not going to believe in it just yet just in case.

Like I said above, たそがれ can mean Dusk or Twilight, in this case, when we have Wings of Dawn, using Dusk will be more suitable.

That's why I think Lycanrock Dusk Form is correct translation instead of Twilight translation, because NintendoNA known that Lycanrock Dusk can only evolve from 5pm to 6pm (Dusk) and maybe there is one more Dawn form can evolve from 5am to 6am.

Wouldn't this be a non-issue as there is likely to still be the time shift between ultra sun and ultra moon? Presumably 17:00 to 17:59 would be local real time and so this would be day to evening in game in US and night to day in UM?

We may have a break year in 2018 where only a spin-off will come out, though. That is, assuming gen 8 will not be 2018. We had the same in 2015 and we got super MD

Either way, Serebii posted a new page from corocoro, showing a z-thing for carrotwolf (and apparently the other 2 wolfies as well)

DJl68wsXgAA8gL2.jpg:large

Artwork looks hella nice~ Really helps the design a lot. And a new way to clear field effects, cool~ Maybe Lycanroc could end up getting some more usage~

Artwork looks hella nice~ Really helps the design a lot. And a new way to clear field effects, cool~ Maybe Lycanroc could end up getting some more usage~
depends what they mean by field effects. the only example given were Terrains, and that's something you can reset by switching in another Tapu, so hopefully it's something more..

Seems like a waste if it's just Terrains~ Hope it includes Rocks and Spikes~
Radial EDGE Storm sounds like a giant rock storm that clears up the fields from even spikes/rocks but who knows (maybe even weather?)

Regarding the whole Dusk/Dawn/Twilight thing: Assuming that the "Mane of Twilight" translation carries over (which I am assuming it won't, but for hypothetical's sake), isn't it reasonable to think that they may have decided to use "Dusk" for Lycanroc, rather than "Twilight," simply to avoid a syntactical overlap?

At any rate, the Pokémon fandom has a weird thing about dualities, but Game Freak aren't really beholden to those. There's no Mega Butterfree despite there being a Mega Beedrill, after all. No Mega Froslass to go with Mega Glalie (and yes yes I know, "But there WAS Mega Gallade!" except, the Ralts line were the signature Pokémon of Wally, and they were making RS remakes and had already used Mega Gardevoir - giving Wally a Mega Gallade is just the logical conclusion since it gives you something new to promote). No Wyrmeon to go with Sylveon. So we could easily have a Dusk Lycanroc without any Dawn Lycanroc.

Last edited:
Well an exclusive Z-moves for Dusk Lycanroc doesn't sound bad to me. at least Dusk-Lycanroc have something than just a design change and two signature moves from Midday and Midnight Lycanroc. I wonder if Alola Starter might get another exclusive Z-moves or a Split Evolution line.

Back
Top Bottom