• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon UltraSun and UltraMoon Corocoro

Frankly, if I didn't know for a fact that these were real leaks, I'd think it was a painfully bad attempt at a fake. Whatever that thing is doesn't look in-proportion with the rest of the image at all. It looks like somebody just cut-and-pasted an image over the actual Pokémon on that side of the field. And doesn't it seem to trail off past the text box, too?

Hasn’t serebii treated as them official? I'm sure they'd have atleast mentioned if the CoroCoro scans had a possibility of being fake.

Edit: upon a closer inspection, the image isn’t over the text box, but under it, like a small portion of Arcanine's paws, so no, the image dosen’t trail past the text box from what I can see. I hope someone comes up with a better analysis.

Hasn’t serebii treated as them official? I'm sure they'd have atleast mentioned if the CoroCoro scans had a possibility of being fake.

Yeah that's what i said - I know they're real, but it's such a shitty image that it almost looks fake-worthy

Edit: upon a closer inspection, the image isn’t over the text box, but under it

Also pretty much what I was saying - but it's weird that it goes under the text box at all. It should be too far away, I would think

The Coro Coro scan from Serebii is real... but there are translation mistakes flying around.

The correct translation should be: Solgaleo and Lunala get new Z moves, but Necrozma can use both of them depending on its form. Necrozma gets a new regular move, which is not Z move.

View: https://youtu.be/IDlOuaVenCE

Last edited:
Even a small portion of Arcanine's paws are under the text box. It seems weird.

Yes but Arcanine is much closer to the bottom of the screen and therefore the text box; I don't really find that strange.

For reference:

battle3.jpg

I'm surprised we got something.

Z-moves: A very predictable thing. Well, the animations could be nice. I wouldn't be surprised if all the new Z moves go to Alolans.

Rotom: We don't really need more in-game bonuses for battles, Amie was more than enough. At least let us use them in the battle tree. However, this gives me hope that we'll see some DexNav-like features on Rotom.

I didn't that Prism Armor existed until today lol

*brake screech*

Hold on, I don't think that's a new Pokémon in the Arcanine pic; I think what we're looking at is a Double Battle with Arcanine + Something Not New (Kommo-o?) which is just overlapping with one of the opposing Veteren Trainers. That would certainly explain the weird positioning relative to the text box, too.

Last edited:
I'm liking what I hear about Rotom-Dex. Hope the features will be an actual incentive to use him more.

*brake screech*

Hold on, I don't think that's a new Pokémon in the Arcanine pic; I think what we're looking at is a Double Battle with Arcanine + Something Not New which is just overlapping with one of the opposing Veteren Trainers.

Do you mean the black part that comes up from its head? Because yeah, the other opposing trainer is definitely a male veteran, and the female veteran NPC does have a black+blue color scheme and is pretty tall and skinny. I think you're right.

This really reinforces my initial gut reaction that it was just Kommo-o. It definitely has a lot of yellow with hints of orange and seems to be raising some sort of tail. Also I think the text next to the image mentions Z-Moves, and they've been promoting Kommo-o's Z-Move quite a bit.

Spr_b_7s_784.png
index.php

Kommo-o's back sprite/model for comparision. Keep in mind that these are moving 3D models and if the pose doesn't look the same it's probably because the screenshot was taken when it was in a different position.

That explains it. No regrets for me since I wasn’t a huge fan of any Alolan Wormadam ideas which hasn’t undergone major changes.

Do you mean the black part that comes up from its head? Because yeah, the other opposing trainer is definitely a male veteran, and the female veteran NPC does have a black+blue color scheme and is pretty tall and skinny. I think you're right.

This really reinforces my initial gut reaction that it was just Kommo-o. It definitely has a lot of yellow with hints of orange and seems to be raising some sort of tail. Also I think the text next to the image mentions Z-Moves, and they've been promoting Kommo-o's Z-Move quite a bit.

Spr_b_7s_784.png
index.php

Kommo-o's back sprite/model for comparision. Keep in mind that these are moving 3D models and if the pose doesn't look the same it's probably because the screenshot was taken when it was in a different position.
I'm more interested to know who it is that we're fighting...it doesn't quite look like Hau despite the black t-shirt..

Either way, about the corocoro update... I'm a bit disappointed that it's just more legend/z-moves related stuff and a bit of more info on rotomdex's features.

Honestly starting to lose any form of hope for alolan forms or even a proper battle facility but hey...
I suppose we are gonna have an item gachapon with rotomdex and O-power-like features. What are the chances of the rotomdex somehow offering a dexnav feature?

I'm more interested to know who it is that we're fighting...it doesn't quite look like Hau despite the black t-shirt..

They just look like the male and female Veteran Trainers to me.

Honestly starting to lose any form of hope for alolan forms

Yeah I'm pretty much about ready to pack my bags on that one too.

I just don't understand it - new Alola Forms would be almost guaranteed to get a good response and would give people more of a reason to buy the games, especially if they were from later generations (one of which is even being marketed right now!!!!!!). How do you make new Alola games without making more Alola Forms; it's right in the damned name! They've even said that they would consider revisiting regional variants again if there were a reason to do it, because they were really well-received. The math isn't hard here. Even at the bare minimum, just pick like five families from Gen 2 and presto, you've got good buzz and excitement. No one cares about fucking Pikachu Valley

But I don't see many more opportunities for them to show new Alola Forms off. We'll probably get a trailer soon, but I suspect it will just be Z-Moves Z-Moves Z-Moves and also Rotom. There's November's CC too, but that's going to be like a week before the games come out; why wait until it's down to the wire like that?

I mean, did they seriously come out of SM thinking that people mainly wanted more Z-Moves because those are "this gen's megas" and that Alola Forms were only popular because they were Pokémon from Gen 1?

even a proper battle facility but hey...

I would never have expected this anyway, considering...

Last edited:
They just look like the male and female Veteran Trainers to me.

Yeah I'm pretty much about ready to pack my bags on that one too.

I just don't understand it - new Alola Forms would be almost guaranteed to get a good response and would give people more of a reason to buy the games, especially if they were from later generations (one of which is even being marketed right now!!!!!!). How do you make new Alola games without making more Alola Forms; it's right in the damned name! They've even said that they would consider revisiting regional variants again if there were a reason to do it, because they were really well-received. The math isn't hard here. Even at the bare minimum, just pick like five families from Gen 2 and presto, you've got good buzz and excitement. No one cares about fucking Pikachu Valley

But I don't see many more opportunities for them to show new Alola Forms off. We'll probably get a trailer soon, but I suspect it will just be Z-Moves Z-Moves Z-Moves and also Rotom. There's November's CC too, but that's going to be like a week before the games come out; why wait until it's down to the wire like that?

I mean, did they seriously come out of SM thinking that people mainly wanted more Z-Moves because those are "this gen's megas" and that Alola Forms were only popular because they were Pokémon from Gen 1?

I would never have expected this anyway, considering...
Consider that all trailers so far have shown more than corocoro did, so this month has some hope left...not much, but some.

And yes, by all means, I believe they think Zmoves are the selling point of this gen because little children go wow flashy dances, wow flashy animations lasting half a minute, so cool! or something

I have been saying it 1200times over, but just another time: I cannot fathom how GF made 3 brand new pokemon, but somehow cannot get their heads around REdesigning existing pokemon...like..the difference in effort is huge

Bibibibibi---leave the Z-moves to me Satoshi-roto!

Now I definitely want to see this happen in the show.

Aside from that, he is one of my favorite things from the franchise. Now make him a battleable form. I doubt it'll happen due to this feature, though.

Also, it's mentioned that Dusk Mane gains a new signature move called Photon Geyser, so what about Dawn Wings' move? I'm guessing there'll be a Z-Move exclusively for Necrozma itself later, since these are mostly for Solgaleo/Lunala.

Now I definitely want to see this happen in the show.

Aside from that, he is one of my favorite things from the franchise. Now make him a battleable form. I doubt it'll happen due to this feature, though.

Also, it's mentioned that Dusk Mane gains a new signature move called Photon Geyser, so what about Dawn Wings' move? I'm guessing there'll be a Z-Move exclusively for Necrozma itself later, since these are mostly for Solgaleo/Lunala.
Those Z moves can also be used by the Necrozma depending on which pokemon it is fused with.

Those Z moves can also be used by the Necrozma depending on which pokemon it is fused with.

I know that, but if you read my post, I said exclusively for Necrozma. The announced Z-Moves would be for Solgaleo/Dusk Mane and Lunala/Dawn Wings, so they're likely just Solgalium Z & Lunalium Z. Meanwhile, Necrozma at least three signature moves - Prismatic Laser, Photon Geyser (Dusk Mane-exclusive), and whatever Dawn Wings has.

Spr_b_7s_784.png
index.php

There is the sprite cycle for Kommo-o and don't look too similar in any of the positions:

Kommo-o_espalda_G7.gif

Z-moves is useful for more than once. I made that same suggestion back in The Lore of Z-Power Crystals (Z-Boosted Moves) look like I was right about that one, but the other probably don't like that idea because of the balance, what's next Mega Evolving more than pokemon, it looks like GF doesn't care about balance anymore.

I dunno, looks about the same as my Kommo-o:

b4Iin39.jpg

Yeah, double battles shift the angle we view the models from, don't they?

Looking at it again, the alleged new Pokemon even has the white patches in the same position relative to the yellow and the gray. I was previously about 90% confident that it was Kommo-o, but now I'm certain.

Back
Top Bottom