• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon UltraSun and UltraMoon Corocoro

Reposting here as well:
If they give us more optional dialogue that either helps create an empathetic rotom or that bolsters its troll like behaviour it will be great for replays how it turns out. Another thing mentioned that highly intrigues me is the optional quiz feature. Personally, I feel that this combined with the 4 Pokemon Hau in Paniola is gonna result in a less handholdy experience overall. I dunno, it just feels like with your starter going up against a wild Pokemon which means a less favorable AI, and with a quiz feature that will help new and younger players learn about stuff means that they can exclude a lot of the more tutorial style encounters and just push the player into the games. SM was already a challenging experience even with all that, so god knows they can up the ante if they feel like these games can target more the enthusiast market.

To Summarize for people just entering the thread about what Corocoro revealed
> Necrozma's new forms retain Prism Armor.
> Both get a new move called Photon Geyser.
> Dusk Mane gets a huge attack boost while Dawn Wings receives one on the Special side
> Mascots have new exclusive Z move.
> Rotom allows you to use two Z moves, can find you items, and gets O Powers.

Well, this should help silence all those people who complain about Player Characters in Pokémon games being almost completely mute.

I wonder if there will be any gender-exclusive interactions/quiz questions/answers with Rotomdex. (i.e things that only Elio or Selene can say to it)

it looks like GF doesn't care about balance anymore.

Well... priority was too prevalent in Gen 6 so in this Gen they specially made abilities to nerf it and reduce the number of new Pokemon having high speed.

They do care about balance. I'm betting that the 2 Z Moves thing won’t be allowed in online, just like Amie Boosts.

Yeah, Amie/Refresh boosts and O-Powers weren't available in online battles, so there's no reason to think that the RotomDex two Z-Moves thing will be, either. People are losing their minds over it when I doubt it'll be allowed online.

I also doubt it'll be thing outside the main game. However....I have no idea why GF thought this was needed in any way? The main game is already easy enough to beat without ever using Z-Moves (which I did), so why the hell do we need the ability to use two of them? :confused:

I mean I guess I'm happy for those who really like using Z-Moves, but it just screams unnecessary imo.

I also doubt it'll be thing outside the main game. However....I have no idea why GF thought this was needed in any way? The main game is already easy enough to beat without ever using Z-Moves (which I did), so why the hell do we need the ability to use two of them? :confused:

I mean I guess I'm happy for those who really like using Z-Moves, but it just screams unnecessary imo.
i wholeheartedly agree :p

Also, regarding that unknown pokemon on the image, somebody posted a comparison with kecleon on 4chan..looks like it is just a kecleon
https://i.********/vp/1507663223562.png

i wholeheartedly agree :p

Also, regarding that unknown pokemon on the image, somebody posted a comparison with kecleon on 4chan..looks like it is just a kecleon
https://i.********/vp/1507663223562.png
It appears more of a Kommo-o or a Tapu Koko than a Keckleon tbh. The colours don't match either. Also Keckleon seems like an odd choice to feature.

The colours are way off, and it’s not becuase of image quality since Arcanine's colours are just fine.
they might look off because there's a certain aura around it (or so it seems). Remember how off the colors of the carrotwolf were on the cover? Turned out it was perfectly orange. Imean, i'd want this to be a new pokemon as much as the next person, but I think we'd have a better quality scan of that image by now if it was

Remember how off the colors of the carrotwolf were on the cover?

Wasn’t that some sort of colouring error? If your hypothesis is true I wonder why would they highlight only "Kecleon" and not both the Pokemon.
Just wondering. I think it will be most likely Kommo-o. If it’s not that, we might be looking at a new Pokemon.

So, no new facility and nothing on Move Tutors? :(

So, no new facility and nothing on Move Tutors? :(

There's still time for a new facility to be announced, though. Most of the "big reveals" so far have come from trailers, not CoroCoro. IIRC this is it's only biggest thing for USUM's pre-release, the Solgaleo & Lunala Z-Moves and the Z Rotom Power stuff.

I'd say Move Tutors are guaranteed since they've been around since Crystal, with the exception of first gen pairs. Aside from that, I can't remember if they ever bothered mentioning those pre-release. Weren't they just left for players to discover?

There's still time for a new facility to be announced, though. Most of the "big reveals" so far have come from trailers, not CoroCoro. IIRC this is it's only biggest thing for USUM's pre-release, the Solgaleo & Lunala Z-Moves and the Z Rotom Power stuff.

I'd say Move Tutors are guaranteed since they've been around since Crystal, with the exception of first gen pairs. Aside from that, I can't remember if they ever bothered mentioning those pre-release. Weren't they just left for players to discover?
I don't think a new battle facility would be necessary, because we already have enough facility as it is, we have Battle Royale, Battle Tree, and Festival Plaza, probably with upgrades or something.

As for Move Tutors, it's likely we will see them, I just hope they have them on each island, plus I hope they have some method of Move tutors, than just Battle Frontier exclusive, I'd enjoy finding shards in Platinum, and B2W2 to exchange a specific color for Moves or you have pay for them, let's see what they do first.

I do enjoy Solgaelo, Lunaala and Necrozma new exclusive Z-moves, it looks like they case of having more exclusive Z-moves in USUM, the same pattern with new megas in ORAS.

2 Z-moves per battle, does sound unbalanced, but interesting, especially you can bond with Rotom Dex with power up you Z-moves, and finding items. 2 Z-moves per battle, what's next Z-Rotom Power might increase the chances of Mega Evolving more than one pokemon or Megas capable of using Z-moves, those sounds unbalancing enough, especially a overkill as well.

Back
Top Bottom