• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon UltraSun and UltraMoon Corocoro

Honestly, I don't think it's that bad that only an event exclusive Rockruff can evolve into Lycanroc Dusk either. They've done exclusive event Pokemon for the first few weeks of the game to help get people more interested in buying them. This isn't a Gparticularly new practice and if it's just a Mystery Gift event, which it sounds like it is, then it should be relatively easy for people to get it. It's better than having to go to GameStop to get the code. It's honestly better than the Munchlax event for Sun/Moon in my opinion. At least I won't be able to evolve a Lycanroc Dusk within the game without it. The Munchlax event was more for the special Z-Crystal for Snorlax and kind of similar to the Torchic with Blazikenite in X/Y, but at least I still couldn't find a Torchic normally in X/Y and Mega Evolution was a much more groundbreaking mechanic for the games than Z-Moves have been. Sure, I can capture Rockruff in the games, but I can't get Lycanroc Dusk as easily, so it's already a better event Pokemon than we got for Sun/Moon. At least it seems more worthwhile to me.

Similar to the some of the major complaints for US/UM, I kind of do and don't understand the complaints at the same time. I understand not liking event exclusive Pokemon, how it might not be possible to breed a Rockruff to become Lycanroc Dusk or that it might not be possible for people to get a Shiny Lyncaroc Dusk or egg moves. But at the same time, the majority of people here were already upset over Lycanroc Dusk design. It was not uncommon for people here to complain that the design was lazy or that it was lackluster news for US/UM. The common opinion on Lycanroc Dusk seems to be that it's a good idea with questionable execution. So I'm just really confused over how the at best mixed results on Lycanroc Dusk's reveal someone led to people being this upset over it being an event exclusive. It's even more confusing when the chances are pretty good that they'll find some way to include Lycanroc Dusk in future games. It's pretty unlikely that they'd make it available just for US/UM.

I think it's a matter of view, mostly. Some can write it off that "meh, the design wasn't great so who cares if it's event-exclusive" but others feel it as more of a strike system where the bad design was one strike and it being event-exclusive is another strike against it. Like, at least if it wasn't event-exclusive, it would still have ways to salvage it like maybe a decent shiny or egg moves like people have been saying. But event mons are pretty much always shiny-locked (I believe?) and you can't breed egg moves onto them so... any hope for the poor wolf just flies farther and farther out the window.

I imagine the outrage is mostly people going "Really Gamefreak, can't you do anything right with this?"

I know for me, it's out of pity. I'm annoyed that something that could have been good got almost nothing halfway decent because its creators just didn't seem to really care. Also annoyed that it was seemingly made just so the idiotic main anime character can have another special pokemon even though there is nothing remotely remarkable about him that would warrant this kind of luck. We've known this kid for years- he's the class clown being given prestigious honors just for existing.

Literally me this entire year lol
Maybe GF is doing something to USUM the fans don't have to know about until the release date, they can reveal small details about them, to prevent from giving out too much info and being datamined again. Tbh, I would prefer having some news, than just small ones.

I just feel like, between the lazy design and the event exclusivity for Lycanroc Dusk, they're destroying any opportunity to build hype - no matter how small that hype may have been. I'm considering unfollowing the threads on this section of the forum solely so I don't have to deal with the disappointment until trailers spread in other communities I'm in...

More than anything, it's worrying that there's been no major news on USUM itself, and this latest piece of info is not doing them any favours for promotional material. They need to get people like me back on their side, and fast.

Their must be Dawn form for Lycanrock
if not then its lazy

to me a Dawn Lycanrock will be the similar body shape of Midnight form but different appearance

I just feel like, between the lazy design and the event exclusivity for Lycanroc Dusk, they're destroying any opportunity to build hype - no matter how small that hype may have been. I'm considering unfollowing the threads on this section of the forum solely so I don't have to deal with the disappointment until trailers spread in other communities I'm in...

More than anything, it's worrying that there's been no major news on USUM itself, and this latest piece of info is not doing them any favours for promotional material. They need to get people like me back on their side, and fast.
What if after the negative reception, Game Freak decided to do anything to kill USUM hype because they're now ashamed that they've even created it all because of the backlash?

Their must be Dawn form for Lycanrock
if not then its lazy

to me a Dawn Lycanrock will be the similar body shape of Midnight form but different appearance
There won't be a Dawn form because this carrotwolf is an event exclusive
Also, there won't be a Dawn wolf because Dusk only exists for Ash and so that Ash can have a special pokemon again

And there also won't be a Dawn wolf because dear god we don't really need yet another one.

What if after the negative reception, Game Freak decided to do anything to kill USUM hype because they're now ashamed that they've even created it all because of the backlash?

I wouldn't be be surprised if the negative reception (and the Stars hype) was a factor in their virtual radio silence, but to think that they would attempt to kill off an upcoming pokemon game and take a hit to their profits would be a little bit asine.

They've seen far worse then this XD.
RS literally cut the fandom in half to the point that new fans were the reason the games were a hit.
BW also caused a lot of internet backlash that resulted in non stop Gen wars.
My point is that this is nothing new and they don't care about negativity .

While I don't understand why GF thought making Lycanroc Dusk was a great idea, it does help me digest what causes it to evolve that way since I was wondering what they would do about the day and night thing that's supposed to be the reason why it evolves the way it does to Midday and Midnight~

It seems most people weren't too crazy about the design anyway, so I imagine most people won't be too bothered by this in the long run~ But since we can nickname Event Pokemon now, at least you don't have to worry about being forced to use a nameless Pokemon for your team if one chooses to use one and dislikes Event Pokemon being so blatantly "Event"~

Back
Top Bottom