• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon UltraSun and UltraMoon Corocoro

It abosrbs light as per its lore. It is said that it absorbs the cover legend of each game-> it's absorbing their light composition. And from the pictures shown, Necrozma seems to be antagonistic

I'm not exactly sure what aspect of my post you're responding to.

Either way, I suppose it would be a new spin for the series if Necrozma were the sole aggressor; that's not to say there won't be a villainous team involved but Necrozma could be up to its own scheme, and could seek out a fusion target on its own. In comparison, Kyurem was just wasting away in a crater until Ghetsis came along. And it's probably about time for a Pokémon to be in the antagonist role anyway. So they could at least do that.

Of course, we have to still be able to use Necrogaleo/Necronala in the post-game and elsewhere, so the underlying ethics of its fusion can't be too unethical. With Kyurem, the issue was presumably more that Ghetsis forced N's dragon to be absorbed against its will. Under Nate/Rosa's ownership, Reshiram/Zekrom would probably be given opportunity for consent.

Oh heavens... the irony that Zygarde would get a vastly more unique and original form mechanic, without there ever being a third Kalos game at all, than Necrozma, which gets to be on two boxarts.

Last edited:
I really like the form names! Mane of Dusk/Twilight and Wings of Dawn. Sound kind of poetic, and nicer than Black Kyreum/White Kyreum or Ultra Solgaleo/Lunala.

Oh heavens... the irony that Zygarde would get a vastly more unique and original form mechanic, without there ever being a third Kalos game at all, than Necrozma, which gets to be on two boxarts.
Speaking of Zygarde, I wonder what kind of story will Zygarde have, I hope it'll get a story, than just a fetch quest to collect cores.

Definitely fooled me. Like Team Gaara said, I was honestly expecting another Kyurem thing. It's nice that the box mascots aren't technically Solgaleo and Lunala, but I'm still not really interested.

I really like the form names! Mane of Dusk/Twilight and Wings of Dawn. Sound kind of poetic, and nicer than Black Kyreum/White Kyreum or Ultra Solgaleo/Lunala.

I'll admit that it does at least have that going for it, although will the translation carry over?

(I'd also begin to say that I like that they're not Dragon types because seriously, too many box mascots are, but then it occurs that they're Psychic types which is the other overused Legendary type, so it's really only a marginal improvement there.)

Speaking of Zygarde, I wonder what kind of story will Zygarde have, I hope it'll get a story, than just a fetch quest to collect cores.

But the thing of it is, is that the fetch quest is what actually sets Zygarde apart. That's actual gameplay and it is a totally unique method of obtaining a Pokémon, and it gives you another activity to focus on as opposed to sitting through a railroaded plot with a mediocre script and the same climax remixed for the tenth time.

If you ask me, new stuff like collecting Cells is preferable to "blah blah formulaic plot blah blah balance of nature blah blah Ultra Beasts blah blah here's a cutscene blah blah wait didn't we already do this with Rayquaza?"

I mean, case in point, Necrozma. Sure, it gets some flashy story role, but that's just looking like a rehash of something we've seen before. Woohoo?

Necrozma Mane of Twilight. Necrozma Wings of Dawn. Damn, I certainly didn't expect these for their names. These have to be the best names for alternate forms they've ever done. And that scene of Necrozma about to grab each legendary looks awesome.

At this point, I wonder how they'll make these Necrozma forms different than regular Solgaleo/Lunala so as not to completely outclass them. At least for the Kyurem forms, besides a higher BST, all they had from Resh/Zek was "Mold Breaker", Fusion Flare/Bolt, and Freeze Shock/Ice Burn (Which technically, is a combination of Glaciate and Bolt Strike/Blue Flare. There is still some justification to use regular Reshiram/Zekrom for Fire/Electric STAB, and Blue Flare/Bolt Strike.. (And design preferences obviously lol)

These forms.. also gain Sunsteel Strike/Moongeist Beam, which to me, is surprising, because I didn't think Necronala would be able to use Moongeist Beam with the way it's design is, it looks weird being in Full Moon phase with the big armor and hands in the way.. But they still did it..

I wonder if they'll still have JUST Prism armor or Prism armor + Full Metal Body/Shadow Shield, and make Prismatic Laser into a Z-move.. I feel both of these will get new signature Z-moves besides SS/MB..

At the very least, the names are interesting. I mean, the games line up like 3rd versions, but the legendary formes suggest that the sun legendary has relations to the night, and the moon legendary with the day. And that is another thing, these aren't even CALLED formes. I wonder if perhaps these are only activated after a certain move, after absorbing sunlight or moonlight, and Necrozma actuallly is perpetually in its true forme, the ball of light with eyes.

Hmmm... Not much new info. Here's hoping the Direct will have something.
Same here. I really hope Game Freak added more content besides the aesthetic photo thing and the legendary forms + carrotwolf. But at this point, I doubt there is any additional content that isn't story based, and that makes me a bit sad. These games are supposed to hold us over until the Swtich games, but it can't do so if Game Freak cuts corners and makes excuses not to put more content in.

These games are supposed to hold us over until the Swtitch games, but it can't do so if Game Freak cuts corners and makes excuses not to put more content in.
If USUM isn't enough to hold us over till Switch, if 2018 will be break year, I hope we get PMD game for Switch to hold us over till Gen VIII comes.

Either way, I suppose it would be a new spin for the series if Necrozma were the sole aggressor; that's not to say there won't be a villainous team involved but Necrozma could be up to its own scheme, and could seek out a fusion target on its own. In comparison, Kyurem was just wasting away in a crater until Ghetsis came along. And it's probably about time for a Pokémon to be in the antagonist role anyway. So they could at least do that.

Of course, we have to still be able to use Necrogaleo/Necronala in the post-game and elsewhere, so the underlying ethics of its fusion can't be too unethical. With Kyurem, the issue was presumably more that Ghetsis forced N's dragon to be absorbed against its will. Under Nate/Rosa's ownership, Reshiram/Zekrom would probably be given opportunity for consent.

Call looney but I'd take a Necrozma storyline over collecting Ziggy's cells any day. I can only imagine how tiring it's going to be doing this every new Gen going forward

Call looney but I'd take a Necrozma storyline over collecting Ziggy's cells any day. I can only imagine how tiring it's going to be doing this every new Gen going forward

For what it's worth, I don't actually expect the Cellecting thing to continue past this generation. In the future, I expect they'll just have you catch a stationary Zygarde and then hand you a Cube at full capacity. Maybe you'd have to find the five Cores in order to pick up its special moves, but really, why even bother with that?

I'm saying, as a one-off break from the same old formula, it's a nice way of making Zygarde stand out. It's not as if Giratina or Arceus mattered in BW, or as if Kyurem mattered in XY. Zygarde and Necrozma, having had their time in the sun, will both be chopped liver come Gen 8. But Zygarde, at least, will have done something noteworthy with the time it was given.

Especially now that they've deemphasized the National Dex. It makes me wonder if they're even going to concern themselves with making every Pokémon available in every generation from now on; we know they already think they're coming to the point where there may be too many Pokémon to keep up with.

For what it's worth, I don't actually expect the Cellecting thing to continue past this generation. In the future, I expect they'll just have you catch a stationary Zygarde and then hand you a Cube at full capacity. Maybe you'd have to find the five Cores in order to pick up its special moves, but really, why even bother with that?

I'm saying, as a one-off break from the same old formula, it's a nice way of making Zygarde stand out. It's not as if Giratina or Arceus mattered in BW, or as if Kyurem mattered in XY. Zygarde and Necrozma, having had their time in the sun, will both be chopped liver come Gen 8. But Zygarde, at least, will have done something noteworthy with the time it was given.
I concur Squishy and XYZ was pretty rad. That said I have faith in my Kuro prism son to do something that'll make me proud

Yeah, it's almost as if they're half-assing things now. Oh wait...

I can see where you're coming from, and I agree that the side quest was a nice change of pace. However, I still don't think that's all Game Freak should have done with Zygarde. The execution of the side quest wasn't that good, not to mention that it just ends after collecting all one hundred cores and cells right at the very climax. That abrupt ending really wasn't worth it for Game Freak in my opinion. Hopefully USUM gives the thing a proper conclusion this time instead of Sina calling with this: "Oh, you're done? Bye-bye now!" Just explain why Zygarde is there, Game Freak! That's all I'm asking!

I can see where you're coming from, and I agree that the side quest was a nice change of pace. However, I still don't think that's all Game Freak should have done with Zygarde. The execution of the side quest wasn't that good, not to mention that it just ends after collecting all one hundred cores and cells right at the very climax. That abrupt ending really wasn't worth it for Game Freak in my opinion. Hopefully USUM gives the thing a proper conclusion this time instead of Sina calling with this: "Oh, you're done? Bye-bye now!" Just explain why Zygarde is there, Game Freak! That's all I'm asking!
I feel like they screwed up by not giving Zygarde its own game and instead shoehorning it into Sun and Moon.

Back
Top Bottom