• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon UltraSun and UltraMoon Corocoro

I'm actually kind of surprised that Necrozma absorbs Solgaleo and Lunala. I know that people have been saying that since the games were revealed, but the designs don't really give that impression to me. If anything, it looks more like Solgaleo and Lunala absorbed Necrozma and gained armor. The two Kyruem forms looked more like fusions to me. Don't get me wrong. I still like the designs and I don't mind the fusion route, but it does kind of surprise me in a way that they're going in that direction. I'm also surprised that people seem to be upset over the whole another Legendary Pokemon fusion bit, mainly due to how it was a fairly common assumption that they were fusions from the start. I'm still willing to see how the whole Necrozma fusing with other Legendary Pokemon works before brushing it off as just a poor man's Kyruem.

I don't mind the time frame to evolve Lycanroc Dusk form either. I would have given people more time than an hour, but I don't think Dusk in the game last that long either. That being said, it would be more frustrating if US/UM still had the different times that Sun/Moon had. At least it sounds like we can evolve the Rockruff to the Lycanroc Dusk form in both versions. If they could make it possible for Rockruff to evolve to either Midday or Midnight forms depending on the time of day instead of the versions, that would be great too.

Well an exclusive Z-moves for Dusk Lycanroc doesn't sound bad to me. at least Dusk-Lycanroc have something than just a design change and two signature moves from Midday and Midnight Lycanroc. I wonder if Alola Starter might get another exclusive Z-moves or a Split Evolution line.

It's not exclusive to carrotwolf, all Lycanroc can use the z move.

And no, don't hold your breath at all for the starters

Radial EDGE Storm sounds like a giant rock storm that clears up the fields from even spikes/rocks but who knows (maybe even weather?)

Didn't think about weather, could be interesting~ Though, I feel like Terrain and Hazards would be more likely since it's clearing "the field" and weather is usually seen as separate from that~

I read it earlier but it is nice that all Lycanroc can use the Z-Move since Midnight is still pretty much the only one that's not got anything else going for it.

I know it's a little early, but Corocoro week is coming up next week, we probably won't get much or anything due to the two new trailer for USUM. With the followings:
  • New UB, UB adhesive
  • New Villain Team revealed called "Ultra Recon Swad
  • UB Assembly and UB Burst typing
  • A Darker Story of Alola involving Necrozma
We don't know what to expect for this month's corocoro leak.

CoroCoro gonna reveal necrozma light form, nothing else.

That’s actually the cover of the sister magazine CoroCoro Ichiban. I can tell since the blue translates to Ichiban.

Not to mention that particular issue of CoroCoro Ichiban came out last month. (For some reason they mark them two months early.)

The 15th is a Sunday and Corocoro doesn't release on a Sunday iirc - it should release either Saturday or Monday, I guess?

View: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/917709638363119616

Corocoro just started leaking, there's also some new features with Rotom. Serebii's full blurb is:

"The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them. First, it reveals special Z Moves for Dusk Mane Necrozma which turns Sunsteel Strike into the move, and Dawn Wings Necrozma which turns Moongeist Beam into Moonlight Blaster. It also introduces a new move known by Dusk Mane Necrozma called Photon Geyser
It also confirms both of the new forms of Necrozma have got the ability Prism Armor.
In addition to this, it mentions Z Rotom Power, where if you have good compatibility with Rotom, it can power up Z-Moves. Rotom Dex also has various new features introduced in the game. The magazine lists it as becoming more like you the more you use it. Rotom will also help you to get items using a feature called Rotopon. You can also interact with the Rotom Pokédex more, answering questions from it and getting reactions"

Not super impressed but honestly I wasn't expecting anything after the last giant info drop.

Edit: Rotom lets you use 2 Z-Moves in one battle. That's way too broken to carry over to the metagame.

Last edited:
Wow! Two Z-Moves in one battles! This was totally unexpected.
Wonder how this feature will be unlocked, though. Will we have a separate Happiness counter for the Rotom to judge the compatibility between the player and the Pokédex ( :rolleyes:o_O!) And there you go, my personal theory that the Rotom is also one of the player's usable Pokémon, receives some indirect light after all.

I don't think this feature will extend to competitive battling though, due to how OP it sounds, but eh... I am totally fine either ways. If we can have a double targeting Z-Move in Clangorous Soulblaze, then two different Z-Moves in one battle does not seem that Farfetch'd.

I'm bored.

And no, I don't think that the last trailer was huge. The only things it revealed rather than confirmed were Ultra Megalopolis and that mini game. And another Ultra Beast, I guess.

I was waiting for some more Z-Move news. Nice to know that the new Necrozma forms have their own. Moonlight Blaster looks really cool based on that image.

It's great to hear that Rotom-dex is going to have more features. Being able to use two Z-Moves in battle is really cool. I do wonder if your opponents will have some way to do that as well. Maybe just the major bosses. Also, I'm really curious as to what it means when it says Rotom will start acting like the player. Whatever happens, I'm sure this game will make me like Rotom-dex even more than I do now :D

Bibibibibi---leave the Z-moves to me Satoshi-roto!

I do like how apparently the Rotom Dex is going to have more features and presumably more of a personality this time around, I legit like the little guy in the show and was disappointed how in the games its dialogue is so canned.

Posting this over from the Rumours/Fakes thread. On the Rotom Dex Page of CoroCoro, There seems to be a strange Pokemon battling Arcanine.

https://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?attachments/capture4-7-png.105256/

It looks similar to Burmy sand cloak to me, but bigger. This thread might be a more apt place to discuss it.

Frankly, if I didn't know for a fact that these were real leaks, I'd think it was a painfully bad attempt at a fake. Whatever that thing is doesn't look in-proportion with the rest of the image at all. It looks like somebody just cut-and-pasted an image over the actual Pokémon on that side of the field. And doesn't it seem to trail off past the text box, too?

I do like how apparently the Rotom Dex is going to have more features

I do like the mention of boosted experience; gives me hope for the return of O-Powers or something similar (although they should never have left in the first place).

Back
Top Bottom