• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

UNITE Pokémon UNITE General Discussion Thread

I've relapsed back into Venusaur. It's a fantastic option for bullying less experienced players and really punishes people who unwittingly run into it (Petal Blizzard is excellent at both running down players who try to escape and escaping from players who have no means to control my movement), but it's also very fragile, letting canny opponents snowball against me by denying me the chance to level up or even reach Petal Blizzard.

Still sticking with my Basic Boi Absol main. Trying out Eject Button with Float Stone/Leftovers/Score Shield and it's produced pretty good results so far.
I'd be inclined to replace float stone and leftovers from those. The time cooldowns on both for being "out of battle" are apparently pretty brutal, to the point where you won't get a lot of use out of them most of the time.

I haven't played Unite, but apparently in the Halloween event there's a Pumpkin Box that you can buy using two pumpkins. There's a 3% chance of getting back more pumpkins than you paid, and a 63% chance of getting only one pumpkin. They're literally encouraging children to gamble.
Yeah, it should be more like 70% to give back 2 pumpkins, 15% to only give one back and the remaining 15% to give more pumkins

Yes, it's all rather disgusting. It's not like they're even making the pumpkins be able to be purchased in-game either, so there's literally no direct financial reward for them to do this. They're doing it purely to normalize gambling behaviour, plain and simple.

I like the game but i hate randoms. Exp stealing is annoying. We are team mates there's is enough wilds for everyone to level up. Why tf do people walk up out of nowhere just to get the last hit in. And the game rewards them with exp, power ups, and points. When i put the most damage in. Takes the fun out completely. Then they score less that 50 points the whole time. Maybe they are mad cause i picked their main. Idk why people think they own game characters. Exp stealing is my only problem. Other than that the game is still new. Eventually changes will happen and we will receive different rewards. And probably new characters.
Oh, screw you randoms are fun (except when nobody wants to play the tank) and Exp stealing is not an issue because the game just rewards less Exp to players who did any amount of damage. My only complaint is Wigglytuff because of the stupid Cute Charm dragging you closer to its Sing for a guaranteed sleep that is just autokill. My only way to defend myself from autokill Sing is Venusaur's infinite Petal Dance combo (Because the move's cooldown is so low that by the time it's over you most likely have it again, thus allowing it to combo into itself) and Giga Drain to heal. And then there's Zearora. Zearora is dumb because of Wild Charge hitting so hard the target instantly dies, and if they die early then he just changes target, making it super annoying.

I hit master rank last week. With ranked and normals/quick matches combined I have around 400ish games atm, needles to say, I've suprisingly been enjoying it haha.

Some thoughts:
-the pay to win argument is pretty overblown. Just by playing for a few days you can level up 2-3 items to 20 with all of the ticket rewards you get from missions, log in bonuses, etc. Lvl 20 is where the most meaningful stat increase kicks in. There's diminishing returns paying to level items to 30 to the point where it's not worth the 100+ dollars. People can pay to upgrade but it honestly doesn't make much of a difference. You aren't going to win matches solely from having lvl 30 items bc the stat boosts are minor and not impactful enough to replace actual player skill. The biggest difference is just flat out not equipping items, but you get items for free so there's no reason not to.

-timi needs to patch in more pokemon on a quick, consistent basis. Due to the short match times you play for a few days and suddenly you just feel like you're seeing the same pokemon over and over and over again. I'm hoping they do bi-weekly pokemon additions.

-Ranked matchmaking needs an overhaul. Someone playing in great rank can be matched with people in expert and vet, and masters players can be matched with vets and ultras, making teams horribly unbalanced at times.
-game needs better tutorials. A lot of people playing unite have never played a moba before and the tutorial does a pretty bad job of explaining things like laning, roles, etc, which is why in pretty much every level of play you have laners taking jungle xp, junglers randomly taking lane exp. Due to how exp works in the game it can legit ruin a match when that happens too.

-Balance is pretty fine. Gengar and Zeraora were overtuned prior to nerfs but even then they were never really that strong in higher ranks because at that point most people just understand to avoid them when they pop hex/dischard, CC them when it's off CD, etc etc. Pretty much every team still runs cinderace and snorlax but I attribute that more to them filling very specific roles that are uncontested due to the lack of roster variety at the moment.

Game has massive potential but it needs more content updates like new maps, pokemon, etc. The game is only a few weeks old at this point so I think the current amount of content is fair, but yeah the game can definitely become massively popular if timi takes full advantage of the brand.
So do you not know the power that is Wild Charge? That move destroys tanks and just straight up obliterates the attackers (especially the squishier ones like Gardvoir). Even still, Garchomp mains say otherwise (no seriously, Rough Skin punishes Wild Charge sets, I learned that myself).

Petal Blizzard really has become one of the powerhouse builds in the current meta. Pair it with a Focus Band / Buddy Barrier / Score Shield item build, and it becomes insanely tanky.
Add the duration being almost as long as the cooldown, boosted attacks recharging the move, and Giga Drain restoring your health while doing damage, and you have a nearly unkillable tank that hits like a 69-ton truck (Wigglytuff mains say otherwise).

Okay, this game is good now because Decidueye is in it

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom