• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

UNITE Pokémon UNITE General Discussion Thread

Squad_Broke_Down

Bottom Text? Bottom text.
Reaction score
So I'd like to hear what anyone has to say about UNITE, like what is good, what is bad, and what types of people they found while playing, and their overall opinion.

Only played two matches so far, and both times as Eldegoss... and quite enjoying it! Ten minutes feels a tad intense at a time, but I'm really enjoying the playstyle - holding back a little, opportunistically sniping opponents attacking wild Pokémon, and supporting when my own sides launches a major push. The UI's a bit of a pig and there's too many buttons, but it's fun!

Last edited:
I've played it some and I'm torn. It's really fun and a really cool concept, but I feel like it's missing something. For one, the characters move too slow, for another it's got too much paywall content. I also feel like it's too button mashy, which is odd because that's my usual style for stuff like Smash :wynaut: Overall it's a fun time that I can see myself sinking some hours into, but probably forgettable in the long run.

I've played it some and I'm torn. It's really fun and a really cool concept, but I feel like it's missing something. For one, the characters move too slow, for another it's got too much paywall content. I also feel like it's too button mashy, which is odd because that's my usual style for stuff like Smash :wynaut: Overall it's a fun time that I can see myself sinking some hours into, but probably forgettable in the long run.
I know what you mean on the movement speed - it's just on the wrong side of being frustrating. On the other hand, it does help emphasise the importance of coordination and map control, because it's not easy to rectify a mistake in your positioning.

It's really cool in my opinion however it's very flawed. The movement speed is very annoying, for one. The amount of boost items you can buy and the fact that outfits are only unlocked through currency you have to pay for is really a turn-off. The way the game handles currency though is pretty decent, and characters all being unlocked through currency you can get in the game is a plus. I enjoy the game a lot other than that though. One of those rare cases that makes me enjoy a genre more than I would usually but idk if that's just the Pokemon or the actual game lol

It is a good game I will not spend money on it tho I know you can get tickets for the outfits but no idea how

I haven't played it yet, but I've watched streamers play it for hours. It's certainly fun to watch, just not sure I would personally be any good at it or would enjoy it. It looks like it can get pretty intense. Seems cool, just maybe a game I would prefer watching to playing. Then again, I said the same thing about Among Us and ended up enjoying it for 60+ hours. Was kinda wondering how easy it was to learn the mechanics for other non-MOBA players.

I can already tell by watching that the speed of some of the characters would get frustrating for me. I might get it later depending on how much space I have on my Switch, but I think I'm gonna watch some more streams on it for now.

This night be a stupid/pointless question, but...

How does the enemy team see the map? My first thought was that the screen is just turned so they are on the left, but no matter what Rotom is in the top lane and Drednaw in the bottom, so... Does that mean that the map is mirrored? Like, if I run to the right from my spawn to the center of the map, would the enemy team be watching me run to the left? Idk why I'm getting hung up on this lol

How does the enemy team see the map? My first thought was that the screen is just turned so they are on the left, but no matter what Rotom is in the top lane and Drednaw in the bottom, so... Does that mean that the map is mirrored? Like, if I run to the right from my spawn to the center of the map, would the enemy team be watching me run to the left? Idk why I'm getting hung up on this lol
Are you purple or orange?

I'm purple, and the opposing team is always on the right.
Same. I assumed everyone playing always saw it the same way, purple on the left, enemy is orange.

Edit: update, I just googled and apparently it's random whether you're orange or purple. But that still makes me wonder, is the map mirrored for the opposing team so they're on the other side? Or does playing as orange team put Rotom on bottom and Drednaw on top?

Well it has good and bad things, basically a game to have a good time with friends but alone you can do it too (not in ranks tough) there are no pre positions so it gets crazy and more if u want to go jg basically is a nightmare in ranks and im Expert 1 in 2 days but it has being a nightmare the matchmaking is ass getting paired with people 2 ranks behind with 30% winrate with me in a 82% basically i decided to stop playing ranks untill getting a full team or at least 3 in a match making because alone the match making is a nightmare, but for a casual player is a really fun game.. needs lots of work in the ranked system. is way to lazy.

Pretty sure it's mirrored so you're always purple. Orange sees themselves as purple in their team.

They've posted a survey on Twitter. A lot of the questions are Unite related, obviously, however a lot of them are also questions such as "What genre of home console game have you been playing in the last 6 months?". Interesting. Is this feedback to TPCi or Tencent I wonder?

Edit: Here's a link to the actual survey oops; Gamer Survey - We need your opinion!

Last edited:
I like the game but i hate randoms. Exp stealing is annoying. We are team mates there's is enough wilds for everyone to level up. Why tf do people walk up out of nowhere just to get the last hit in. And the game rewards them with exp, power ups, and points. When i put the most damage in. Takes the fun out completely. Then they score less that 50 points the whole time. Maybe they are mad cause i picked their main. Idk why people think they own game characters. Exp stealing is my only problem. Other than that the game is still new. Eventually changes will happen and we will receive different rewards. And probably new characters.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom