• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

UNITE Pokémon UNITE General Discussion Thread

I do think the limitation of only 1 of each Pokémon per team is shortsighted. It makes sense for character based games, but for something like this it's a little silly. If we want a team of 5 Venusaur, why not let us? Hell, it'd give people more incentive to care about the holo-wear.

PSA:

1627288529302.png

I do think the limitation of only 1 of each Pokémon per team is shortsighted. It makes sense for character based games, but for something like this it's a little silly. If we want a team of 5 Venusaur, why not let us? Hell, it'd give people more incentive to care about the holo-wear.
I agree; it really limits how fun you could really have with the game. It's also pretty annoying when someone takes your main too.

I give this game a go it’s not really my thing not keen on games like this but I love to watch people playing it

UNITE doesn't seem like it's my cup of tea. I honestly should have expected it, since I usually don't enjoy these types of multiplayer games anyway.

I've tried out a few Pokemon and played some nice rounds, but the game feels way too repetitive. I can't really go for more than 3 battles without starting to feel bored. It would be a more enjoyable experience for me if there were other game modes to try out aside from the whole defend/dunk thing.

Out of the roster so far, I enjoy playing as Eldegoss and Slowbro, which is a bit strange since they're more or less the slowest Pokemon I have.

You want teams made only of Gengars? Because that's how you get Gengar apocalypse.
TBF though it would be fun to see the chaos of a match made only of Gengars spamming Hex Bomb (Sludge bomb into Hex) or Zeraoras.

UNITE doesn't seem like it's my cup of tea. I honestly should have expected it, since I usually don't enjoy these types of multiplayer games anyway.

I've tried out a few Pokemon and played some nice rounds, but the game feels way too repetitive. I can't really go for more than 3 battles without starting to feel bored. It would be a more enjoyable experience for me if there were other game modes to try out aside from the whole defend/dunk thing.

Out of the roster so far, I enjoy playing as Eldegoss and Slowbro, which is a bit strange since they're more or less the slowest Pokemon I have.
I agree with you I got bored after the first 2 games I don’t really go for games like this anyway

You want teams made only of Gengars? Because that's how you get Gengar apocalypse.
TBF though it would be fun to see the chaos of a match made only of Gengars spamming Hex Bomb (Sludge bomb into Hex) or Zeraoras.
Honestly, yes I would. This sort of scenario would I think force a better balancing of the Pokémon, such that we don't have any that are objectively just outright better than the rest of the roster.

Upon playing the game a bit more, I think I like the quick battles more than standard/ranked. Everything's a lot faster-paced, and some of the stages have some interesting mechanics, like conveyor belts or shared scoring areas.

I tried out a few more Pokemon. Venusaur is fun, but is still a bit too slow for me.

So I bought Gengar, who feels significantly faster than literally anything else. Hex + Unite skill seems useful for speeding across to other sides of the map, and I've gotten some use out of it in both scoring and dodging enemy attackers.

I still suck though, and I feel like I've been the weak link in most matches I've played today. Gastly evolves quite slowly, and Gengar itself is really squishy. o_O my joycon drift doesn't help my aiming skills either

I can't imagine playing even semi-competitively, but I feel as though I'd be willing to grind for my favorite Pokemon, if they ever make it into Unite at all.

So like was the backlash this game and its announcement video got just from fans being mad that THIS was the big game they announced back then? It's so weird to me it got so much flack and now it seems like its the new hotness.

Like is Tencent still the one making it? I figured that was the reason for the outrage since they seem like a pretty shady company (and counting their dubious political leanings... I'd say they're flat out a 'DO NOT SUPPORT THESE PEOPLE' type company) but I haven't seen anything about that in relation to Unite.

Not gonna lie... I was kind of hoping the game had been killed because of the backlash

So like was the backlash this game and its announcement video got just from fans being mad that THIS was the big game they announced back then? It's so weird to me it got so much flack and now it seems like its the new hotness.

Like is Tencent still the one making it? I figured that was the reason for the outrage since they seem like a pretty shady company (and counting their dubious political leanings... I'd say they're flat out a 'DO NOT SUPPORT THESE PEOPLE' type company) but I haven't seen anything about that in relation to Unite.

Not gonna lie... I was kind of hoping the game had been killed because of the backlash
Technically, Tencent still is in development of the game. The reason why it's involvement was hated on so much is because Tencent has connections to the extremely controversial government of the People's Republic of China. However, I'm assuming people just forgot about it because they're more excited about the game and the fact that it just seems more cool to play I guess. The thing is, because of whom the target demographic appears to be, I'm willing to say that the game would probably have a hard time dying. Dying in the Western Market, though, could be a possibility.

Also, can we talk about how this game was seemingly only built for the Asian Market? There were only five selectable languages on launch day and four of them were Asian and three are for countries where League of Legends is very popular.

Last edited:
Yeah that's what I was saying. I knew about the tencent and PRoC connection. Like, the game looks neat and all and the costumes for pokemon are super cute but like... I hate the game genre because there's just so many of them copycatting each other or whatevs. Also the fact that its 'free to start' just screams 'we will take all your money for stupid things and we are not ashamed of it'.

Tencent is so shady Marshadow be like 'damn son maybe tone it down a little there'.

I wouldn't tell people to not play the game or to stop playing if they were. Just like... I'd want them to be informed about who it is they're supporting by giving out cash for game stuff.

I think as long as you play the game and don't directly fund Tencent by buying microtransactions and the like you're not really doing any harm.
Tencent cares about money a lot, like any other business. You're not really supporting them if you don't pay to play. I could be wrong though as I personally don't know what deal TPC and Tencent have.

Last edited:
I think as long as you play the game and don't directly fund Tencent by buying microtransactions and the like you're not really doing any harm.
Tencent cares about money a lot, like any other business. You're not really supporting them if you don't pay to play. I could be wrong though as I personally don't know what deal TPC and Tencent have.

Honestly, I don't know why people that pay would be doing any harm.

At the end, Tencent knows that many people won't pay (although players are still supporting them at some level even if they don't pay). They also know there are many people who will pay.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom