• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Pokémon UNITE

Thoughts on the announcement of Pokémon Unite?

• Can't wait!

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • It looks okay.

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Meh...

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Pass.

Votes: 42 60.9%

• Total voters
I mean, there could easily be a balance logic behind it

Notice how in addition to having baby stages, none of those Pokémon can evolve, either? (Barring Pikachu generally, but it doesn't evolve into Raichu in UNITE anyway.) That can potentially add a strategic element. Some Pokémon on the roster might have certain stats that are good for some things, but they have the be evolved to get to that point. Or you can choose a non-evolving stalwart like Snorlax or Lucario who start off great but maybe aren't as good at some of the things that Talonflame or Garchomp are.

Last edited:
I mean, there could easily be a balance logic behind it

Notice how in addition to having baby stages, none of those Pokémon can evolve, either? (Barring Pikachu generally, but it doesn't evolve into Raichu in UNITE anyway.) That can potentially add a strategic element. Some Pokémon on the roster might have certain stats that are good for some things, but they have the be evolved to get to that point. Or you can choose a non-evolving stalwart like Snorlax or Lucario who start off great but maybe aren't as good at some of the things that Talonflame or Garchomp are.
They could easily choose single stage pokemon for that, like how they already did with Absol. People know those pokemon have pre-evolutions and will want to see them in the game naturally. If they really wanted to balance and spice things up they should have chosen Sableye, Hawlucha, Carnivine, Heatmor, Turtonator etc. You might say they are not as popular as Snorlax and Lucario but still, Munchlax and Riolu are extremely popular as well soooo, either way, it is not a smart choice not to include them in my opinion.

They could easily choose single stage pokemon for that, like how they already did with Absol. People know those pokemon have pre-evolutions and will want to see them in the game naturally. If they really wanted to balance and spice things up they should have chosen Sableye, Hawlucha, Carnivine, Heatmor, Turtonator etc. You might say they are not as popular as Snorlax and Lucario but still, Munchlax and Riolu are extremely popular as well soooo, either way, it is not a smart choice not to include them in my opinion.

tbh, if speed is a factor, then people who choose Talonflame and Greninja over any other choice, already have the advantage if they aren't base stages.

I mean, I honestly just don't think it's that big of a deal, anyway. This is a spin-off game in which species collection isn't the aim of the gameplay, and breeding doesn't exist. Maybe there's a gameplay reason behind it, but frankly, it could also just be fanservice, plain and simple. After all, there's tons of popular Pokémon to choose from, and not all of them can make it in (at least not right away). Plenty of fan-favorites are naturally going to be left out, so you could poke and prod about any of them. Like, how come Mimikyu's not here? Or any of the Eevee family? A game that has to choose such a small roster from a pool of 900 candidates can try to be as calculated and pragmatic as it likes, but there's always going to be some degree of circumstantial arbitrariness as to why x Pokémon wasn't included.

I haven't seen anyone post about this, but the Pokemon Unite twitter has been posting a short 30ish second video of gameplay with each specific pokemon from the roster. So far they've only done Pikachu and Charizard, and haven't included any hard numbers or descriptions of the moves.

Assuming that it's one pokemon a day until release, Unite could be released on July 9/10.

Do you guys think that we can activate Mega Evolutions, Z-moves, Dynamaxes, Gigantamaxes or an Ash-Greninja bond phenomenon in Pokémon UNITE? Why?

Do you guys think that we can activate Mega Evolutions, Z-moves, Dynamaxes, Gigantamaxes or an Ash-Greninja bond phenomenon in Pokémon UNITE? Why?
In my opinion, Mega Evolution and Ash-Greninja are the only two gimmicks that I think are plausible. G/Dmax are most likely not going to be in UNITE judging by its visuals and gameplay field in my opinion; a top-down perspective where everything looks small is counter to how G/Dmax are depicted in SwSh. I don’t think Z-moves are going to be in these games considering they seem heavily tied to Alola and haven’t really been featured beyond the gen 7 games and as sync-move names in Masters. I figure if UNITE needs high-power “nuke” attacks then the devs will create their own.

Surprised the Switch Version is launching before the Mobile version. Since Mobile games are incredibly more popular than console games simply due to the fact that more people have smart phones in this era especially in China, where this game is marketed the most.

I watched a lot of beta gameplay on Youtube. And I must say I am quite happy about this game. It doesn't a MOBA but with pokemon. It has enough different features to be called a new game. I love how move names are directly from the main series. Of course, their animation is more animesque and their effects are altered to fit the gameplay, I am happy to see they didn't makeup things just for the game but use what already established in the franchise. This also applies to held items. The majority of them is from the main series like leftovers, wise glasses, eject button... Maps look like classical MOBA maps but visually they fit with the pokemon theme, nothing so out of ordinary.

I am conflicted in pokemon selection. I know they had to promote the game with Lucario, Snorlax, Gengar, Garchomp, Kanto starters, Machamp, Greninja. I don't hate these pokemon but I grew tired of seeing them everywhere with every new feature, Mega, Special Z crystal, gigantamax etc. But I think it is clear that the developers have more unique picks for the future and the popular ones are just here for advertisement. Dwebble-Crustle (One of my fav rock types), Gossifleur-Eldegoss, Cramorant are definitely some surprise picks for me. Right now gen7 is not represented but there were rumours about Zeraora and Marshadow soo I can't complain but I would love to see Ribombee or Lycanroc since rock and bug are the least represented types with the ghost, ice, steel, electric type. There isn't any type-based combat and there is no need for type-based combat, hence there is no actual need for type diversity in the pokemon selection but I don't care. They should prioritize adding those less represented types.

In general, I loved this game and can't wait to play it when released for mobile. I think it would create uneven progress and experience difference between console players and mobile players since there are months between the release dates. My overall score based on what I watch as gameplay is 7/10

Last edited:
I want to share non-playable pokemon. I got those tables from Serebi.net . I must say I am impressed by how many different pokemon they choose. Almost all of them are not very popular and giving them a chance to shine is always a plus in my eyes. Also, there are four more pokemon in the game (If I am not forgetting anyone) that belongs to non-playable characters. Those are Metagross, Elekid, Sableye and Chatot.

Shivre City
PicturePokémonPointsSpawn TimeFinal Timer ChangeSpecial Effect
Snom
Snom3 PointsEvolves into Frosmoth
Frosmoth
Frosmoth5 PointsIn final minute
Meowth
Meowth2 PointsEvolves into Persian
Persian
Persian3 PointsIn final minute
Electrode
Electrode10 Points25 SecondsPoints +3Explodes after it is first hit
Avalugg
Avalugg20 Points1 minutePoints + 10After defeating, gives players an ice aura that slows opponents and gives your goal a shield
Remoat Island
Aipom
Aipom2 Points
Aipom
Aipom5 PointsEvolves into Ambipom
Ambipom
Ambipom7 PointsIn final 2 minutes
Audino
Audino6 PointsPoints +2
Corphish
Corphish3 PointsIn final 2 minutesEvolves into Crawdaunt
Crawdaunt
Crawdaunt4 Points
Ludicolo
Ludicolo4 PointsPoints +3
Bouffalant
Bouffalant4 PointsPoints +3
Lillipup
Lillipup2 PointsEvolves into Herdies
Lillipup
Lillipup3 PointsIn final 2 minutes
Combee
Combee2 PointsEvery MinutePoints+1
Vespiquen
Vespiquen6 PointsEvery MinutePoints + 2
Rotom
Rotom20 Points3 Minute - Respawns after 2 minutes from KO
Drednaw
Drednaw20 Points3 Minute - Respawns after 2 minutes from KO
Zapdos
Zapdos30 Points8 MinutesSpawns
Auroma Park
Abra
Abra20 PointsPoints +3Teleports after a few seconds to another part of the stage
Ledyba
Ledyba2 PointsEvolves into Ledian
Ledian
Ledian3 PointsIn final minute
Sunkern
Sunkern2 PointsEvolves into Sunflora
Sunflora
Sunflora3 PointsIn final minute
Venomoth
Venomoth5 PointsPoints +3
Dewpider
Dewpider2 PointsSpawns when attacking AraquanidPoints +1
Araquanid
Araquanid15 PointsPoints +5
Regigigas
Regigigas50 PointsAfter 2 minutesPoints +5

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom