• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Pokémon UNITE

Thoughts on the announcement of Pokémon Unite?

• Can't wait!

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • It looks okay.

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Meh...

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Pass.

Votes: 42 60.9%

• Total voters
Reminder #1
Reminder not to derail too much off-topic here, guys. Don't want this thread to derail into youtuber dramatics and whatnot.

I'm completely disinterested and there's some disappointment that it wasn't anything related to the main series games, but I wouldn't get angry at something which existence doesn't affect me in any way whatsoever. Surely there must be an audience for this so hope those people can get enjoyment out of it.

Gonna pass because I am not interested playing MOBA games even though I do watch them. But hey, at least Pokemon wanted to try something new.

Last edited:
I know this is an unpopular opinion but I'm looking forward to the game. I've been saying for a while that MOBA is a genre with untapped potential for Nintendo, and Pokémon seems like a pretty good skin to slap onto one since you already have a diverse array of well-liked characters with unique abilities. I've never personally gotten into the genre, but this seems like as good a place as any to start.

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I'm looking forward to the game. I've been saying for a while that MOBA is a genre with untapped potential for Nintendo, and Pokémon seems like a pretty good skin to slap onto one since you already have a diverse array of well-liked characters with unique abilities. I've never personally gotten into the genre, but this seems like as good a place as any to start.

Unite could even introduce Pokemon fans to MOBA. It going have the same fate as the Sonic movie (or Pokemon Go), it started out as looking bad but became good when it was released. Remember, the version you are seeing in Pokemon Presents is not the final product. At least, we are going to get clues to/items from both the Gen IV remakes and Let's Go Johto in the future (there is still hope). Moving foward, I am not support on what Tencent is doing.

Last edited:
Tencent is awful. They give user data to a government that puts muslims in internment camps among many many other evil things. Genuinely disgusted to see pokemon working with them let alone promoting their partnership to this extent. I implore anyone reading this to not support the game on moral grounds

I'm completely disinterested and there's some disappointment that it wasn't anything related to the main series games, but I wouldn't get angry at something which existence doesn't affect me in any way whatsoever. Surely there must be an audience for this so hope those people can get enjoyment out of it.
This. While I would not have minded another spin-off, I'm just disappointed it's a mobile game (since the mobile Nintendo games don't reach unless it's Mario), and it's a multiplayer-only game. Like you said, I have no reason to be angry at all, either.

hope that Pokemon Unite 2 gives us type advantages, type immunities, abilities , items, tms, megas and gigantamax options in future somehow...
would be cool actually with not only regular pokemon in game but maybe legendary or gigantamax bosses in 4 places to take down from time to time. Game concept from League of Legends and cool but bring in more regular mechanics. Pokken too needs to get back into mechanics without turn orientation. add up all starters and do a pc or console edition.

hope that Pokemon Unite 2 gives us type advantages, type immunities, abilities , items, tms, megas and gigantamax options in future somehow...
would be cool actually with not only regular pokemon in game but maybe legendary or gigantamax bosses in 4 places to take down from time to time. Game concept from League of Legends and cool but bring in more regular mechanics. Pokken too needs to get back into mechanics without turn orientation. add up all starters and do a pc or console edition.
I personally doubt this game is going to get a sequel at all.

I personally doubt this game is going to get a sequel at all.

I think both games have potential. Better then stadiums, maybe a game that would unite those two options choosable in a Stadium or colloseum version of pokemon that could unite future games with it and current nintendo switch for longer fun in future with option to put the game in a better console too in future too.

I think both games have potential. Better then stadiums, maybe a game that would unite those two options choosable in a Stadium or colloseum version of pokemon that could unite future games with it and current nintendo switch for longer fun in future with option to put the game in a better console too in future too.
I don't think that's going to happen.

Yeah, my main gripe with this is Tencent. MOBAs are not my cup of tea, but people like them so a pokemon one can exist in my eyes. I don't hate Pokken either.

It's just.. ugh. Tencent. The more I learn about them the more my initial 'oh boy this feels sketchy' gut reaction makes sense. I'm sure they're also responsible for leading the fanbase on with that "Big Project" solo video thing. Because really this game is on par with Masters at best to me.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom