• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Pokémon UNITE

Thoughts on the announcement of Pokémon Unite?

• Can't wait!

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • It looks okay.

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Meh...

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Pass.

Votes: 42 60.9%

• Total voters
I was just thinking of making a thread about this.

Anyways, to keep it just to the game, I’m fairly neutral on it. Despite the fact that it’s probably going to be micro-transaction and Kanto-pandering heavy, I am slightly interested.

Again Gen 1 pandering. Not surprised. Even tho my fave pokemon is bulbasaur, seeing Gen1 starters everywhere makes me angry. The footage isn't final but game doesn't look that good to me.

And i realized something. Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise stars as their basic forms and evolve through game. But Snorlax, Lucario, Clefable, Talonflame, Machamp, Gengar doesn't have basic forms. And also pikachu seems to not evolving. I think this is really strange. Why some of them can have pre-evolved forms and some can't.

Ratings baiting and Kanto pandering could kill off this game long before launch, but I don't see it as a total write-off because they didn't announce it last week. Many games that had negative reception pre-launch ended up highly successful and beloved. But yeah, Unite might never live down the stunt to draw in ratings, especially since today's announcement is now regarded as one of the worst announcements of a video game in history period, even within less than 30 minutes.

Disappointed. I knew I should've watched A Current Affair, which is better than what we saw tonight on Pokemon Present (and A Current Affair is full of trash, and I am being polite in regards to A Current Affair).

Last edited:
It's fine. Interesting to see them trying out a new genre, and I think it being on the Switch as well as mobile will help widen the potential audience. This sort of game isn't really my thing, but Call of Duty: Mobile released last year from Tencent/TiMi and was the largest mobile game launch ever. They are probably hoping that they can harness that success and combine it with the appeal and accessibility of the Pokémon brand.

Genuinely not sure who this appeals to. I'm sure kids are gonna buy it just because it's got the pokemon name on it, but I've always seen mobas as appealing to a bit older of an audience. Teens and up. By that age I think those interested in that type of game are just gonna be playing lol because they see streamers already playing it and don't need the dumbed down pokemon skinned version.

Apparently mobile gaming is big in China, so it may well be really huge there.

But that wouldn't surprise me since a Chinese company is making it.

I don't think I'll ever really understand the appeal of a pokemon game where you can only play as one of a small select number of pokemon compared to the main games.

Boringgggg. But as I've said before, thank god it's not a continuation of the Lets Go series. That would have been the worst case scenario.

The Pokemon franchise already has one big spin-off that a lot of people are happy for probably coming out this year: New Pokemon Snap. Lighten up, you all.

today's announcement is now regarded as one of the worst announcements of a video game in history period, even within less than 30 minutes.
This is a bit dramatic tbh. I’m sure there are plenty of people this game appeals to and we just had a major announcement last week. Not every announcement is going to be something groundbreaking.

As for my thoughts, I am...not interested. That’s really it. This just isn’t the type of game or gameplay that appeals to me. I do hope to see it flourish in a competitive sense with others, though.

Not my kind of game so I'll pass, though it looks cool for what it is. I will say that I don't think any dislikes or upset comments mean much. The game, seeing as it's made by Tencent, seems geared toward Chinese gamers who don't have access to Youtube. I think games like Unite are super popular over there, so I imagine it doing really well with the intended audience.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom