• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Universe: Hoenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzz

My friends are my power!
Reaction score
Lush trees whistling in the wind, chimes hanging on doorsteps serenade the townsfolk with beautiful melodies of later summer's breeze. The small town, however, was now filled with people, for the S.S. Gulf had just docked itself on the small pier, allowing for people and Pokémon alike to enter the region that may or may not have been a new sight for them.

Brad Jones, a Trainer who sported a light-green T-shirt and brand new bluejeans for the occasion, waited patiently in the center of town for his friends who had planned to arrive on the same day. Normally, he would take the opportunity to speak with his friend and partner Pokémon, Beautifly. This would not be the case, for he had lost his friend during a scuffle in the region of Johto. The Coordinator originally traveled to Hoenn to advance in his Contest career. He, however, had vowed not to participate in another contest until he was reunited with his four missing Pokémon.

Last edited:
16-year-old Utsuho woke up on another typical, peaceful morning in Littleroot. She quickly hopped out of bed and headed to the bathroom. Several minutes later, she emerged from the shower. She put on black shorts and a red short-sleeve shirt, and looked in the mirror. She was 5’6”, and weighed around 120 pounds; rather average for her age group. Her skin was pale, as a rare skin condition prevented her from getting tan or sunburn. After combing her short, black hair, she left the bathroom and went back to her room.

Once in her room, she put on her red socks, and then her black shoes. After tightening the two Velcro bands on each of her shoes, she reached for two serrated daggers. Strapping one of them to each of her upper legs, she grinned slightly. She then reached for her black backpack, which was filled with various supplies a Trainer would need, including some TMs. For entertainment, she also had a black Nintendo DSi hidden away in one of the pockets. Strapped to the outside of the backpack was a single Pokéball, containing her companion Pokémon, a female Pawniard. Lastly, she strapped her red C-Gear to her left wrist. Ready for her adventure, she headed downstairs for breakfast.

Kai woke up to the sound of his clock alarm early. He was not a morning person, but today was a special day: he would finally start his journey as a coordinator, something he’s been rooting for a few years now. His overprotective parents agreed to let him go, after a few heated discussions.

An internal fight with himself later, he managed to get up and get himself to take a short, cold shower, before dressing up in his usual attire: grey jeans, white sneakers and a dark purple polo. He took the pokéball containing his starter and best friend, a Roselia named Delia, and clipped it to his belt, then completed his outfit with a grey backpack.

He then climbed down the stairs that led to the kitchen where his mother, Lily, was busy washing dishes. His dad was already on the farm, but they bade their goodbyes the day before.

“Going already?” she asked him in a soft tone, without turning around.

“Yes, I want some time to say bye to Brawly before I go,” Kai replied.

Lily turned around and faced her son.

“I should’ve thought about it earlier, you two are like brothers. Either way, I’ll miss you,” she said, then hugged Kai tightly.

“I’ll miss you too,” he replied when she let him go.

“Make me proud,” she said. Kai nodded and turned around, then left the house. He looked at the blue sky above his head and the sea on the horizon, with Dewford town between them. Today would be a great day.

Brad took out one Pokéball and released his Budew for a bit of company. She jumped up into his arms happily. "Hello, Budew." He smiled.

Budew cheered happily. "Hi!" She giggled. Brad held her close for a bit of company while waiting for his friends.

After finishing her breakfast and making final preparations, Utsuho bid her parents farewell and departed to Professor Birch’s lab. Once there, she met the professor who, after a bit of conversation, gave her a Pokédex. After leaving the lab, Utsuho released Pawniard from her Pokéball. She kneeled before her Trainer, as if she were in the presence of royalty.

“I told you that you don’t have to do that,” Utsuho chuckled. Pawniard sighed and stood up, a bit embarrassed.

“Anyway, as I told you a week ago, we’re heading out on an adventure through the region, starting today. It’ll be a lot more than a simple girl’s day out...are you up for it?”

Pawniard nodded slowly.

“Alright then, let’s head out.”

Utsuho and Pawniard enjoyed a peaceful stroll along Route 101; however, there were no Pokémon on the route that interested Utsuho, so she was able to continue to Oldale Town without delay.

Brad stared into space as Budew had been distracted and decided to spend her time playing in a little garden with a Zigzagoon. He smiled at the nice, little scene. He then stood up to get a better view of the dock. Still no sign of any friends of his. He sighed from the realization.

Kai took a deep breath, then started walking toward his uncle's gym. The two pratically grew up together, like brothers. However, Kai chose contests while Brawly chose gyms. This led to some friction between them in the past, but they still got along pretty well. After a short walk through Dewford, he arrived at the gym, where a battle was going on between a trainer's Swellow and Brawly's Hariyama. Kai sat in the bleachers and observed the battle. After a few Aerial Aces from Swellow, Hariyama stepped back, apparently exhausted.

"Aerial Ace, one more time!" its trainer called.

Wait for it... wait for it... Kai thought as the Swallow Pokémon was getting closer and closer to the Fighting-type. Now.

As he thought that, Hariyama fired a Stone Edge in the Swellow's direction, who had no time to avoid it and got directly hit, knocking it out in the process. Typical Brawly, Kai thought.

The challenger recalled his fainted Pokémon and left the gym, without a word. Kai took the opportunity to get up and go talk to Brawly.

"Nice battle out there," Kai congratulated him. "That strategy of yours is still as effective."

Brawly had just recalled his Hariyama when he saw his nephew approaching, and he waved to him. "Thanks, Kai," he replied. "But what are you doing here? I thought you were leaving for Petalburgh today."

"I am," Kai said. "But I just wanted to say goodbye, since we didn't have the opportunity yet."

"That means you won't get that Buizel egg your father promised you, then?"

"I'll pick it up when I'll come back for Dewford's contest."

"Oh, yeah. Come see me when you'll come back. I'll have something for you."

"What is it?"

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise anymore. Either way, your boat is leaving soon. Run if you don't want to miss it."

"Agh, fine. Bye, Brawly!" Kai shouted, then ran away in the docks' direction.

Enzap looked around the small town and sighed. Another journey filled with fun and adventure... He ran a hand through his hair, which he had died back to his natural brown but added red highlights.

“Ahh, what a nice little town,” Utsuho said upon entering. Pawniard nodded happily.

“Well, I already have enough supplies to make it to Rustboro, and we’ve done plenty of training already over the past week, so that means we can just enjoy ourselves, I suppose.”

Utsuho sat down on a wooden bench, while Pawniard wandered toward a moderately-tall, thin tree. Pawniard’s blades began to gleam with a chrome-like effect; a Metal Claw attack. She sliced the tree multiple times, turning it into small chunks of wood. She then set her sights on another tree.

“Pawniard, try not to destroy too many of the trees,” Utsuho chuckled, “We don’t want to deface the landscape.” Pawniard sighed and returned to her master.

Enzap tried as hard as he could not to think about how he wouldn't be starting this journey with his partner Skippy. The Skiploom had been taken by Team Universe along with all of this Pokemon he had captured in Johto. The two shared an intimate psychic bond and since Skippy had been gone it felt like a peice of him was missing. His whole personality seemed completely different, shrouded in depression, anger, and a hint of madness.

Kai ran to the dock where an old man was waiting for him. He had a Wingull on his shoulder and was standing beside a small but solid motor boat.

"Hello Mr. Briney," Kai greeted. "Are we ready to go?"

"I was just waiting for you," Mr. Briney replied. "Come aboard."

"Alright," Kai said, then stepped in the boat. He released his Roselia, Delia, who laid down on the floor and started sunbathing, while he just looked at the horizon, in Petalburgh's direction. Shortly after, the motors turned on and the boat started advancing.

As he looked around, Drew admired the whole new atmosphere around him. He slowly stepped out of the boat from which he and others had arrived in. After standing on the firm ground, the young man smiled softly. He looked around at the different shades of green, brown, blue, and many others more. He felt the gently breeze hit his face, and he looked around at all the nature around him which he couldn't meet back on his hometown of Blackthorn City, all the way in the Johto region. Drew was wearing a Navy-colored shirt, along with a black pair of cargo pants. He also had a blue jacket. A pair of black-and-blue headphones were resting on his neck, from which a thin cable connected them and Drew's C-Gear, the latter resting in his pocket. A PokéBall belt was clipped on, but only two visible PokéBalls were in it. His brown hair was short and curly. Drew's skin was pale, colored a light caramel tone. had hazel eyes, which he used to looked down at his baby sister: Diana. The small toddler was currently wearing a bright pink shirt, accompanied by a pair of jeans small enough for her. Diana had on a pair of white sneakers which contrasted nicely with her clothing. On her left arm was resting a small, pink digital watch, along with a black bracelet. Around the four-year-old's neck was a beautiful silver-white necklace. At the tip of said necklace was a Premier Ball, which matched the necklace. Diana's hair reached down to halfway down her back. It was a lighter shade than her brother's, almost seeming like a dark blonde in the light. The girl's eyes shone a bright blue color, which contrasted her pale, white skin almost perfectly. Diana yanked on Drew's arm as she let out a slight giggle.

"C'mon!" She smiled. Drew replied with a nod, then slowly let go of the child's hand. Diana cheered softly as she rushed towards a nearby patch of grass. She giggled while bending down to stroke the leaves on it.

"It's so much greener and softer than in Mahogany." Diana noted with a bright smile.*

"That's because in Mahogany, it snows more often. That makes the plants more used to colder and harsher temperatures." Drew said in a soft tone as he caught up to Diana, placing his hands on his pockets as he did so.*

"Snow, look at this!" Diana called out happily. She tapped the PokéBall which she had around her neck, making it released a red beam of plasma unto the ground. After the beam landed, a small, white Sneasel appeared. The Pokémon smiled as she looked down at the grass and slowly stroke it. Drew smiled at his sister and her Pokémon. He then looked towards the boat, wanting to see if anyone else had exited the vessel. While Drew was distracted, Snow bent down on the grass and plucked one of the leaves. She held it by her nose and sniffed it. Snow giggled, but then suddenly sneezed at the plant's pollen. Diana began laughing when she saw Snow rubbing her nose with her forearm, giggling.*

Luna simply walked behind Drew. Luna's jet black hair had gotten much longer, down to her butt. She also has a pink streak on each side of her hair. She also had a yellow bow put in the side of her head. Since being with Drew, Luna had gained weight and looked a lot healthier. She now has soft curves and a bigger bust. Before Drew, she had a smaller bust and was scrawny-looking. Her outfit had changed a lot as well. She wears a bright yellow t-shirt that has a black, retro design on the front, skinny, black jeans, and neon pink converse. She had gotten her ears pierced, and is wearing black stud earrings. She also got two tattoos: one on each wrist. The tattoo on her left wrist reads 'peace', and the tattoo on her right wrist read 'love'. She smiled as she saw the scene with Diana and Snow.

"She seems to be having fun," Luna commented as she walked towards Diana. Helena and Vix followed. During her time with Vix, Helena had become pregnant and was expected to lay her egg any day. Her stomach had swollen, and her fur had become somewhat dull. She sighed as she sat down.

"I hope we find the others soon," the Espeon commented to her mate, "Our allies are still missing. I do hope they are safe." she then got back on all fours and walked over to her Pokeball, in which she returned herself. Luna chuckled as she bent down and stroked Vix's fur.

"Helena's gotten lazy, hasn't she?" she laughed.

Diana looked over at Luna and smiled. She then looked back at Snow before continuing playing with her Pokémon.

Drew looked at Luna and nodded. He then looked towards the town.

"Should we get going?" He asked.

"I suppose we should, my love," Luna spoke sweetly as she intertwined her fingers with Drew's. "I bet Vix will be happy to see Enzap again."

she took out a Pokeball and released Winter. The Ninetales looked around and sighed.

"He would." Drew nodded, also intertwining his fingers. He couldn't help but also frown when he saw Winter. After shaking it off, he led Luna and his sister towards the nearby town.

Brad looked out toward the dock once more and spotted Luna and Drew walking calmly into town. "Here, Budew!" He called over to his playing Pokémon who had run over happily on command, jumping into her Trainer's arms. Brad stood up to smile at his friends, hoping they would notice him waiting.

Drew managed to spot Brad. He smiled softly, then waved as he and Luna walked in his direction.

Luna simply followed Drew. Winter noticed Brad and ran towards him, and sat down at his feet.

"Nine!" Winter cooed.

Enzap looked around again and noticed Drew, Luna, and Brad. Huh, how long have they been here? he thought. He began walking toward them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom