• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Video Game Championships website launched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crankyman

=д=
Reaction score
Source: http://www.pokemon.com/

Link: http://www.pokemonvgc.com/en/

This spring and summer, Pokémon Trainers will play Pokémon™ Platinum Version and battle for a chance to become a World Champion at the 2009 Pokémon Video Game World Championships!

In addition to bragging rights, two World Champions will win a trip for four to either Tokyo, New York, or Hawaii!

Pokémon Video Game Regional Championships will be held this spring and summer throughout the United States, and the competition is guaranteed to be intense. Trainers tough enough to qualify will earn a guaranteed competitor slot and Travel Award to participate in the Pokémon Video Game National Championships held in St. Louis, Missouri on June 27th and 28th. Pokémon Trainers who have the skill to qualify at the National level will earn an Invitation and Travel Award to the ultimate stage—the Pokémon Video Game World Championships! Note that European Championship Events will be played on Pokémon™ Diamond Version and Pokémon™ Pearl Version.

I now officially hate the people who decided to make it to where there wasn't a damn level cap!

Pokémon Video Game Championships information gets revealed: Shiny Milotic to be disri

Pokémon Video Game Championships information gets revealed: Shiny Milotic to be disributed

Shiny Milotic are going to be given out at the Shiny Milotic given away at the 2009 Pokémon Video Game Championships.

Read more on Bulbanews

Aw, damn it! I thought they were gonna do the shiny Milotic giveaway at Toys R Us! Even if it's not exclusive to participants in the tournament, there's no WAY I can convince my parents to drive me out of STATE JUST for a shiny Milotic! Ah, well. Better start breeding Feebas.

i would be more than willing to pick up a shiny milotic for a few people.
the only problem is, the event near me is in june. i doubt you'd want to wait that long.

Hm. The regional event for me is within reasonable driving distance. 5 hours, which is about the same as driving home from college.

I think I'll go, but I only have one pokemon eligible for the tournament atm. I'll have to do a lot of training between now and June 13th.

Great another exclusive Pokemon I can't get cause I live to far away.

The location of these events are way to inconveint they should have one in Boston and Florida this why I hate living in Conneticut you're to far away from Boston and New York City

How few locations they have for this is ridiculous. And then even if you did drive all day (or fly) to get there, you're not guaranteed a spot. I mean, seriously, only 256 competitors for each region — millions of people in each area. In this economy, people aren't going to spend money to travel to this. So, pretty much, they're not regional championships — they're city championships.

I noticed this on the site FAQ:

Exactly 128 participants per age division will be selected to play in each event*.

*One competitor spot will be reserved for a VIP attendee at the San Francisco event. Up to 127 participants will be selected for the Senior Division at this event.

I wonder who the VIP is.

How few locations they have for this is ridiculous. And then even if you did drive all day (or fly) to get there, you're not guaranteed a spot. I mean, seriously, only 256 competitors for each region — millions of people in each area. In this economy, people aren't going to spend money to travel to this. So, pretty much, they're not regional championships — they're city championships.

Nintendo took two steps forward by starting to implement the wi-fi mystery gift, and now they've taken two steps back.

I could understand only 256 competitors per location if their were more than 6 locations. WTF seriously.

There's 50 states, you could at least have 25 locations across the country.

Yeah, seriously. The nearest location to me is like... either Nashville or Philidelphia. THERE'S A MAJOR CITY LESS THAN AN HOUR AWAY HERE yet there's not been a single event that I've known of in Chicago. -_-

It drives me nuts... as much as I'd like to go to the event, it's not worth it to go on a plane ride for a tournament I'm not guarenteed a spot in and if I do, will probably lose right in the first round due to a stupid mistake I make.

I like how all but two locations are in the west :(

I'm not really into questioning NoA's logic, but... seriously.

Yeah, seriously. The nearest location to me is like... either Nashville or Philidelphia. THERE'S A MAJOR CITY LESS THAN AN HOUR AWAY HERE yet there's not been a single event that I've known of in Chicago. -_-

It drives me nuts... as much as I'd like to go to the event, it's not worth it to go on a plane ride for a tournament I'm not guarenteed a spot in and if I do, will probably lose right in the first round due to a stupid mistake I make.

I like how all but two locations are in the west :(

I'm not really into questioning NoA's logic, but... seriously.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I live in a city, and I'm not that far from LA, so, just meh.

I went on the website, and the tournaments aren't even in the city, They're outside.

I don't understand why they just don't have 1 in a major city in even state. LA/NYC/Philly/Chigago, the list could go on and on.

I question there logic all the time. IMO, NoA is made up of a bunch of know-nothing idiots.

But that's just me.

I do agree that they should have more locations. I was a little surprised. The only reason I'm considering is because Nashville is within driving distance of where I live. A long drive, but I can go down the night before. If I had to pay to fly I wouldn't even bother, and I would have been a little mad about it, like I know some of you are.

There should be an equal opportunity for everyone to attend that wants to.

I noticed this on the site FAQ:

I wonder who the VIP is.

Gamepro is holding a contest for a spot.

UGH. No close cities for me at all. I'm rather surprised and disappointed in their choices for cities.

I hope that there are some battles recorded. I would love to watch some of them.

Well, I am disappointed in NoA/PUSA, but I can understand why it's so hard for them to have so many events. They use special DS kiosks for link battles, and lugging that equipment around probably makes it impossible to have more than six qualifiers in a reasonable amount of time. Last time there was an event, they had 32 kiosks. I'm also disappointed in the fact that NYC and LA aren't hosting events, thanks to fickleness on NoA/PUSA's part. It's not like they hosted a launch party at Nintendo World or something. RIGHT?

Last edited:
Well Phoenix is really close to me but my pogeymon skills are much to lacking for me to think about entering a tourney. lol

Also can't say I'm real crazy about the rules... and which pokemon are and are not allowed.

I'm going to the Texas one !!! does anyone know.... ?!?!?! if poke rus is allowed??!?!?! i didn't see any where to ask on the site ><

Why should Nintendo of America care? They're not suffering in this economic crisis.

And King of Prussia is not the same as Philadelphia. Yes, it's in the vicinity, but not that close. Why couldn't they just say King of Prussia. Wouldn't be hard for people to find up on a map and say it's reasonably close to Philadelphia. Same goes for Fremont and Arlington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom