• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Video Games General Chat Thread

After five months of constant work, I finally transferred all of my Pokémon DVDs to my iPad Classic I got back in July. It is only the first nine seasons because I am waiting until I get all of Sinnoh's seasons on DVD.

Over 400 episodes is only 50 GB. And I still have 60 GB left on the iPod.

Unfortunately there is a problem with my season 4 episodes so I will need to replace them when I get a replacement boxset of it.

After five months of constant work, I finally transferred all of my Pokémon DVDs to my iPad Classic I got back in July. It is only the first nine seasons because I am waiting until I get all of Sinnoh's seasons on DVD.

Unfortunately there is a problem with my season 4 episodes so I will need to replace them when I get a replacement boxset of it.
Where did you get boxsets for seasons 3, 4 and 5? I live in the UK and I usually buy Region 1 DVDs of the Pokémon anime from Amazon.co.uk but I haven't seen Region 1 DVD boxsets of seasons 3, 4 and 5 on that site.

Where did you get boxsets for seasons 3, 4 and 5? I live in the UK and I usually buy Region 1 DVDs of the Pokémon anime from Amazon.co.uk but I haven't seen Region 1 DVD boxsets of seasons 3, 4 and 5 on that site.

I imported them from Australia, since Australia literally has every single season on DVD. They look like this:

!B13n!UgBmk~$%28KGrHqMOKjEE%29Ty4M0-qBMgMjNBL8!~~_35.JPG
!CFRSTigBGk~$%28KGrHqEOKooE0fiLSu%28lBNUhsWr%297Q~~_35.JPG
814435.jpg

And, if you get ALL of them, they look pretty on a shelf (this picture is NOT mine. I only have the first, second, third, and eighth seasons and Pokemon Chronicles, which is not pictured) :
vz7akk.jpg

Instead, for season 4, I got it in this boxset, which has ALL of Johto in it:
dvd_pkmn_johto_collection_001.JPG

But, due to the way the discs are packaged, some of season 4's discs were scratched and my DVD ripper couldn't read it. Same with Season 5, but I had the Region 1 box set from many years ago, so I could rip those instead.

Last edited:
So what are people's thoughts on this topic: Should there be an official Pokemon MMORPG by Nintendo and Gamefreak? Why or why not?

Junichi Masuda has said he's against the idea, so Im pretty sure it wont happen. I dont think Id want to be stuck at a computer to play Pokemon, I like the freedom of playing on a handheld,which I can take anywhere. this is also the reason why the main series isnt on a home console like the Wii, though that would be interesting to see.

Junichi Masuda has said he's against the idea, so Im pretty sure it wont happen. I dont think Id want to be stuck at a computer to play Pokemon, I like the freedom of playing on a handheld,which I can take anywhere. this is also the reason why the main series isnt on a home console like the Wii, though that would be interesting to see.
I like your reasoning :) By the way do you think there could be a way for them to make a pokemon handheld MMORPG?

I dunno how that would work to be honest, Im not sure the handheld systems could support such a thing.

Agree. MMORPGs eat up tons of space, need good hardware, and zippy internet to work well. Handhelds don't usually offer much in those aspects.

Also endless patches, ugh. That would really put a lot of stress on your handheld.

I recall reading up something that was like a "periodically online RPG".

You'd play offline, but the game world would be updated with online, including actions of other players.

... Which kinda is what Pokémon already does. But I guess it could do more with that? Though physical games don't have much room for that either...

Well, got a nice copy of New Super Mario Bros U, but no system yet...

Toys-R-Us is just now shipping my Wii U

Hello, everyone. I'm looking forward to posting on the Bulbagarden Forums and obtaining information that will help me to become the best, for I am hoping to become the Pokemon World Champion! Best wishes(no pun intended) to all!

Anybody played FireRed lately?

Yep, I completed the Sevii Islands quest and caught a decent Mewtwo (bad nature, but I only play competitive on simulators so it's okay). My team ?

Venusaur Lv62
Fearow Lv63
Vaporeon Lv63
Hitmonlee Lv62
Electabuzz Lv63
Marowak Lv64 (@Thick Club)

I just captured mewtwo yesterday, with 3 pokemon same as you.
Venusaur Lv. 50
Vaporeon Lv. 50
Hitmonlee Lv. 47
Dugtrio Lv. 49
Aerodactyl Lv. 51
Snorlax Lv. 50

You don't need to be that high in levels before you challenge gyms/elite four. It only matters that you have a type advantage. I beat the champion with level 42-48 pokemon without using any healing items mid-battle.

I just realized something interesting. There is a Diamond & Pearl episode of the anime called "The Grass Menagerie". The title is a pun of the play "The Glass Menagerie". What's interesting is that that play was written by a man named Tennessee Williams, who was born in my hometown of Columbus, Mississippi!

In the spoiler below there is a comic strip which was found and posted on facebook by one of my friends. It is related to Pokémon so I decided to post it in this thread.
3cb8a89efd18fbf2f120c2ae08b569f4.jpg

Ha ha ! the ending was nice.

You know the last Poke game I beat was LG. Haven't played newer versions, I should though.

You know the last Poke game I beat was LG. Haven't played newer versions, I should though.

You really should. I went from FireRed to Platinum as my first leap into the (then) current pokemon gaming and try to get back into the series as a whole. Best decision ever, the games are so much fun :D

Sweet, this place has been needing a thread like this.

Anyway, it would be cool if there was a cut scene where we watched them run away, but would be cooler if we could re-catch the pokemon. Imagine you just got done mass breeding a pokemon, then released all the lv 1's that werent the one you were looking for. Then all of a sudden, that pokemon starts appearing in places in that region. For example, Pichu popping up in all the routes in unova, as often as lillipup or patrat. :)
This is an old post but... THIS. I would love to be able to run into my old pokemon, especially if I accidentally released some good pokemon, or my sister did, I could run into them again. But I never release pokemon, save in nuzlockes. Even when I'm breeding for shinies I don't release them. Especially that I just watched that episode where he got his charmander, since I'm breeding that, I don't. I don't want to be like Damien.

Back
Top Bottom