• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Video Games General Chat Thread

I prefer the original Gold version instead of Heart Gold. It's not that I disliked the remake, but I felt there wasn't anything really new in the game to appeal me that much. This is why I liked FireRed, since that game allowed you to go into the Sevii Islands.

Hmm... I love Crystal, Suicune rules.

I prefer HGSS over GS. Mainly because my copies of HGSS still work.

Well because I never played GSC I can't choose. I could always find a ROM of it.

I remember as a child, seeing Pokemon Gold being dropped into our Lego box... and after all those years of hunting through it, I still can't find it today. So, I can't compare.

I love my cousin's house; he has Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, and a Gameboy, but the best thing is- they all work. He's very protective of them though, and I can't blame him.

@Seto Kaiba Why...

*fights Kaiba's logic by fixing up the rules*

How many shinies have you encountered in the wild (whether it is random or resetted + excluding the GyaREDos) ? I have encountered 8 shinies throughout the course of the series, 6 being caught (Paras and Male Nidoran in Gold/Silver, 2 Zigzagoons and a Linoone in Ruby/Sapphire and Purrloin last month in Pokémon White).
The 2 others I didn't caught were Girafarig (didn't realise it was a Shiny at the time) and Rattata (no Pokéballs to use).

How many shinies have you encountered in the wild (whether it is random or resetted + excluding the GyaREDos) ? I have encountered 8 shinies throughout the course of the series, 6 being caught (Paras and Male Nidoran in Gold/Silver, 2 Zigzagoons and a Linoone in Ruby/Sapphire and Purrloin last month in Pokémon White).
The 2 others I didn't caught were Girafarig (didn't realise it was a Shiny at the time) and Rattata (no Pokéballs to use).

Wow! That's some collection you got their. For, me I think around 2... In my entire life of "Pokemon Gaming," excluding Red Gyarados.

Er, excluding the Red Gyrados... three. Including a shiny Lombre, which I caught.

Hmmm, three. A shiny Nincada in a used Emerald that I gave away, a Magnemite that is now a Magnezone, and a Darumaka that I ran away from because I wasn't paying attention to my game.

*starts dancing in thread*

Well, at least two of my shines are both Dratini one is level 23 male, other one is level 17 female.

Wow! That's some collection you got their. For, me I think around 2... In my entire life of "Pokemon Gaming," excluding Red Gyarados.
The problem is that the only Shiny Pokémon I still have is Purrloin (lost the datas of past games, losing all the shinies I had D: )
And those Dratinis sounds good ! Though I don't like how Shiny Dragonite looks :(

The problem is that the only Shiny Pokémon I still have is Purrloin (lost the datas of past games, losing all the shinies I had D: )
And those Dratinis sounds good ! Though I don't like how Shiny Dragonite looks :(

Yup. Dragon types look especially bad, as shines.

Speaking of Dragonite, I've caught a Lvl 54 one at Dragonspiral Tower... by fishing it in a rippling water spot ! It has 1% chance to appear and if its level is below 55, it will have the Dragon Tail move, which acts like a damaging Roar attack, ending the battle in the wild. I was lucky it didn't even use that move back then, but too bad its IVs are bad :(

Back
Top Bottom