• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Video Games General Chat Thread

Speaking of Dragonite, I've caught a Lvl 54 one at Dragonspiral Tower... by fishing it in a rippling water spot ! It has 1% chance to appear and if its level is below 55, it will have the Dragon Tail move, which acts like a damaging Roar attack, ending the battle in the wild. I was lucky it didn't even use that move back then, but too bad its IVs are bad :(

Nice catch, level 54. Should catch some know more, as you know the phrase goes. "Gotcha Catch em' All!"

If I have the patience to find a Dragonite again, that is :lol:

Excluding the red Gyarados in HG/SS, I've seen seven shinies in the wild, two of which I didn't catch. xP

The five I did catch though are all from different generations lol. Raticate (from a Rattata in FR), Crobat (from a Zubat in HG), Aggron (from an Aron in Emerald), Kricketune (Trophy Garden in Platinum), Mandibuzz (from a Vullaby in Black). I traded away the Kricketune though. Not crazy about it. The two shinies I did see but didn't catch where a Nincada in Emerald (didn't like Nincada and didn't realize how valuable shinies were at the time) and a Tentacool in SS (had no damned Pokeballs...).

How long did it take you?
It took me at least 20 or 30 Super Repels and 3 days. I had to take short pauses during that draconic hunt. :lol:

Gosh, you are certainly more dedicated at catching/finding Shinies than I...

...Though, I've always desired to catch a shiny Furret. A candy cane, almost.

I have a legit shiny Tentacruel, but i'm told almost everyone has one. I call it Lumino.

World strongest Pokemon is officially.
3df927f1-d6c9-448b-9a2b-4559e03063f4.jpg

This guy!

I have you all trumped with my shiny Raticate! It's just like a regular Raticate only it looks sort of auburn brown instead of regular brown if you squint your eyes really hard.

I have you all trumped with my shiny Raticate! It's just like a regular Raticate only it looks sort of auburn brown instead of regular brown if you squint your eyes really hard.

I caught one in the original Gold at level 38. I used some rare candies (I had 22) it sucked at E4.

Last edited:
I have a shiney Rayquazza that I caught myself =)

That must mean its in the top percentage of Raticate. Joey would love to see that!!

Are we talking about shinies? I got a shiny Roselia in Ruby a few nights ago. I don't plan on training it, though. I thought I'd use it for contests. =3 It's Adamant nature, so I'm going to teach it Cut, SolarBeam, Sunny Day, and . . . something else. =/

I call her Dahlia.

Are we talking about shinies? I got a shiny Roselia in Ruby a few nights ago. I don't plan on training it, though. I thought I'd use it for contests. =3 It's Adamant nature, so I'm going to teach it Cut, SolarBeam, Sunny Day, and . . . something else. =/

I call her Dahlia.

We were talking about how awesome I am. And now, yup. Talking about shinies

Im in a shiny drought right now ._. havent caught a shiny since Ho-oh in Soul Silver. Hoping that Hoppip will hatch soon, I have almost 6 boxes of eggs hatched.

You should eat the eggs. They make some good scrambled eggs, for breakfast.

I've never done a shiny hunt. I think I might try to SR a Rayquayza in SS. Or I might try to Masuda a Charmander. Or both.

I've never hunted or soft resetted for a shiny. I've randomly found a fair few, though. Nidoran (M), Abra, Whismur, Oddish, Diglett, Zigzagoon, Wurmple, Rattata (x2), Makuhita, and Roselia . . . I caught them all, too. Even the Abra . . . though I was sure it'd Teleport away. >_> The Roselia (and one Rattata, I think) are the only ones I still have, though. =p

Talking about shinies again, I see.....

Meh. Ive named all my shinies many times before.

Ended up with three shiny Mareep back in Platinum from MMing, haven't done much of that since strangely. SRed for Totodile in SS and after playing since R/B I ran across my first random encounter in Black. Boldore with his neon blue crystal thingies. All of these have useless natures of course but still nice to have.

SRing goes REALLY fast in HG/SS since you can look at each starter for every soft reset. Took me maybe two hours and had a shiny Totodile following me around, definitely suggest it.

Back
Top Bottom