• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Video Games General Chat Thread

I once tried to chain a shiny Hoppip (Cause I like shiny Jumpluff) in Pearl. It might have been Platinum, I forget. Anyway, I tried very hard to get it but I never did.

Chaining is hell.

My favorite shiny.

Especially this one.
BlueEyesShiningDragonRP02-EN-ScR-UE.jpg

The only time I outright went looking for shinies and I actually found one were:
Sapphire: Soft-resetting for shiny Mudkip. The Poochyena that attacked Birch was shiny.
Pearl: Hatching Magikarp eggs. Ran into Mt. Coronet by mistake and found a shiny Machop.

The last shiny I caught though, was a Spinarak in HeartGold. I was headbutting trees in the route between Tohjo Falls and the Indigo Plateau, looking for a Pineco to PokéTransfer over to White, when it popped up.

@Joshawott That must have sucked, as whether you like shiny Poochyenas or not, you had no Pokeballs to catch it, and I'm presuming the Mudkip in Birch's case wasn't shiny in the end?

A few shinies I wouldn't recognise unless they sparkled sometimes...

I think we all know what running into a shiny Gible would be like.

Shiny Gible is still different enough from the original in colors to be spotted. Garchomp however...

Shiny Garchomp just looks like a slight trick of light. Blink and you might not even notice.

I remember back in 2000/2001 i went through mt mortar in Gold without flash. VERY difficult as an 8 year old without internet guides or strategy guides

You mean Silver Mountain ? I agree with it being very hard without Flash. Back when Flash was still a HM and an unreliable move in terms of accuracy...

Spr_2c_003.gif
<- Is it me or Venusaur is winking at us ? :lol:

You mean Silver Mountain ? I agree with it being very hard without Flash. Back when Flash was still a HM and an unreliable move in terms of accuracy...

Spr_2c_003.gif
<- Is it me or Venusaur is winking at us ? :lol:

I think it's staring down into my soul, with those pixel eyes.

After seeing that old Venasaur sprite, I worry about all the Pokemon that went up against one of those. Brr...

Not, just fine details. But, also strange things. Like floating pink elephants.

Can you communicate with them, as well as see them? As, I may just need a Floating Pink Elephant Whisperer one of these days.

After seeing that old Venasaur sprite, I worry about all the Pokemon that went up against one of those. Brr...

Can you communicate with them, as well as see them? As, I may just need a Floating Pink Elephant Whisperer one of these days.

Well, just we had a chat. But, after "Jerry" had to go do some errands.

So, how's my new username? When did you first find out about shines?

Back
Top Bottom