• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Violet/Scarlet Map?

PosingSaucer251

Reaction score
From all the images of the trailer i found, a map that i couldnt find anything about.

I put the peices of the map in screenshots, and i made a partial map. Because the region is based off of italy, i tried to make it look like a boot in my estimation of the map. (The image is on CodeHS since that is the only thing i can find to put a permalink lol)

1e18c854813f707bd1d8539f002bdb0d

also it kinda looks like a worm among us.

Because the region is based off of italy,
Except it isn't. It's based on Spain. The starter names are Spanish, there are multiple references to Spain in the live action portion of the trailer, and the most prominent building in the trailer is clearly based on the Sagrada Familia. It's Spain.

They haven't revealed the full map yet, all we have is the partial map in that screenshot. We're still waiting on a proper reveal of the region that includes the name and the full map, and that should hopefully be the next trailer. It is a bit odd that they haven't revealed that yet, I think this is the latest we've ever been in the marketing cycle for a new region without knowing that information.

It's just the way they're doing it now. This is pretty much following the info release for swsh where they had to build up to it.
SwSh released the region name and map by the second trailer. this is definitely different, if only slightly. it's likely because there's no E3 so they don't need to give out that information as early. it'll probably drop after they finish the region tour so they can cap it off with and in Scarlet and Violet... explore Pokespania!

From what has been implied so far the new region is clearly based on Spain and even at the beginning of the first trailer they show a map of Spain, although the fragment of the game map that was seen at the end seems to be of the entire peninsula which would also include Portugal, which is a bit strange because in the shown so far has not been seen nothing that make a clear allusion to Portugal or the Portuguese language.

Last edited:
From what has been implied so far the new region is clearly based on Spain and even at the beginning of the first trailer they show a map of Spain, although the fragment of the game map that was seen at the end seems to be of the entire peninsula which would also include Portugal, which is a bit strange because in the shown so far has not been seen nothing that make a clear allusion to Portugal or the Portuguese language.
Calling it now: Portugal is the DLC for SV.

Calling it now: Portugal is the DLC for SV.

Portugal is already on the map though, that already seems to be part of the main game. DLC would probably be some kind of island off the coast, like the Balearic Islands or the Azores.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom