• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokemon vs Digimon Mafia: Endgame (26/8/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings from Wizard World!
Unvote: space

Okay, do what you want. I don’t know why i was asked to check space then, lol.
You were asked to check Space because I found her claim suspicious and/or lacking. DarthWolf is an active scum power role, we eliminate him first.
Space, being a completely passive role, is harmless. Well, as harmless as a mafioso can be.
If we had a Vigilante, I would have had them shoot Darth last night. We have to do this the old fashioned way, I’m afraid.

Vote: DarthWolf
What’s with you? Is there no end to your stupidity? Well, maybe I can put an end to it for you.

If Space really is a Bulletproof Godfather, it is tempting to lynch them and then have an apparently existent Vigilante take out Darth on the Night immediately after. The question is, would leaving Darth alive until the next Night be a bad decision? I believe that with no Rolecop flip yet, Darth’s action just might be that. So either we streamline the scum busting process for a bit and risk them learning one more Town role, or get who very well could be the Mafia Rolecop now and wait for the next Day to get the Godfather. I’m fine with either course of action, so I’ll leave this to balance out the votes a little in case Town wants to pivot the majority vote to Space.

Vote: Space
If Space is indeed BP, why couldn't it be to counter an SK? We know DarthWolf lied about their role, claiming it was passive when it's actually active. That sounds to me like something an SK would need to do. So DW is either a mafia power role or SK, and it seems to me like if we leave DW to do their thing, it'd be more beneficial to an SK to will town, as long as people will be able to see there're two NKs going on per night.
We know from N1 that no one died, and ME was lightningrodding, so ME was protected from NKs. On N2, I think we can assume that whoever was protecting ME during N1, would have either been protecting OS or ME. If we go with there being an SK, then its entirely possible that out of both N2 shots, one was aimed at HumanDawn, and the other at either ME or Officer Snake, whichever was being protected.

So I suspect DarthWolf of being an SK who knows by now not to aim at Space, and even if I'm wrong, then a mafia power role.

We're just waiting for the host to update :p

Anyway, good game everyone. The only flaw to my claim was a watcher and well, I took the risk.
Wait there is no vig? Then why do we have a BP?

I've already discussed this with Cheff but mafia was honestly quite underpowered in here and admitted to being unbalanced. A Lrod with watcher, a host confirmed town... It wasn't just that ofc, you played well to get where you were.
ME, about the distancing, I literally just played as town so it was only natural for me.

Endgame: this also should have probably been threadmarked right away
Endgame

DarthWolf forfeited, they were an Untargetable Redirector aligned with the Digimon

Hi there Darthwolf, you are Devimon

latest

Jeez, lookit all them belts. You'd think you were designed by Tetsuya Nomura.

You are an adult level fallen angel Digimon. Originally an Angemon, you were seduced by the dark side and fell down. Your first appearance was in the Digimon Adventure anime series, where you commanded large numbers of Black Gears that allowed you to control other Digimon.

Using these Black Gears, you are able to manipulate your opponents into doing your bidding. Due to this, you are a Redirector. During any and all night phases, you can change the target of one player’s role to any other player of your choice (excluding themselves) by typing “Pit <Player using role> against <Player to be targeted>” into the mafia chat or your role PM. Thanks to your ability to manipulate others, you can also stop them from acting against you at all, making you completely and 100% Untargetable.

You are aligned with the Digimon and win once the Pokémon and other opposing forces have been eliminated while at least one member of your own faction is alive, or nothing can stop this from happening.”

Space forfeited, they were a Bulletproof Godfather aligned with the Digimon

Hi there Space, you are Omnimon

latest

You are one of the legendary Royal Knights, formed from a fusion of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon, you lead the Royal Knights in the event Alphamon becomes absent. Now, naturally nobody would ever expect such a paragon of valour and virtue to be against them, now would they? And therein lies the genius.

Thanks to your typically virtuous nature, no-one would expect you to go against them, and as such, you are the Godfather, all Cop checks on you will turn up a town result. Being formed from 2 Ultimate level, you are also incredibly powerful, such that no single Pokemon could ever hope to take you down alone. As such, you are completely and 100% Bulletproof, any and all attempts to kill you off during the Night Phase will fail.

You are aligned with the Digimon and win once the Pokémon and other opposing forces have been eliminated while at least one member of your own faction is alive, or nothing can stop this from happening.

The Digimon have forfeited, the Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh monsters have won!

Rainbow Cloud won in the endgame, they were a Miller aligned with the Pokemon (they would have evolved and gained vigilante powers during N3)

Dear Rainbow Cloud, you are the Shiny Magikarp.

shiny_magikarp_by_willow_pendragon-db4p5db.png

You know Magikarp don't you? The "useless" fish that somehow splashed his way into our hearts. You are a magnificent creature that, in this case, is shiny and has a beautiful golden colour. And that is about all that is special about you.

Every night you can use Splash, to no effect. Because you are so useless nobody sees you as any help and would rather have you on the other team, therefore, you are the Miller, all Cop results on you will come back as Digimon. I forgot something. You are the amazing Pokémon that evolves into the badass Gayra... Gyrad.... Goes to Google. Gyarados (so that's how you write it...). After your evolution something changes about you but that is still unknown at the moment.

You are aligned with the Pokémon and win when the Digimon and other opposing forces have been eliminated.

Officer Snake won in the endgame, they were an Innocent Child aligned with the Pokemon

Dear Officer Snake, you are Mudkip.

iheardulikemudkips.png

You are Mudkip, one of the three possible Pokémon to start out with, in the Generation 3 games.
A while after you were introduced to us, a 4chan user by the name of MudKipClub started posting "so i herd u like mudkips" on other users' comment walls as a way to invite them to the MudKipClub community and this is how you became the meme we know today.

Since you are known for being loved by the community since you became a meme you are the Innocent Child. Once in the game you can send "I herd you liek mudkipz" in thread or in your Host PM to let the Hosts send out a message with the information that you are Town-aligned.

You are aligned with the Pokémon and win when the Digimon and other opposing forces have been eliminated.

jdthebud won in the endgame, they were a Double Voter aligned with the Pokemon

Hi there jdthebud, you are Charizard.

600px-006Charizard.png

You are a dragon-like Pokemon (though not an actual Dragon Type) who debuted in Generation I as one of the three starter Pokemon of the games. Your status as a starter of Generation I has resulted in you gaining massive fame and recognition.

One of the moves that you have available to you is Fire Spin, often associated with you thanks to your card in the Base Set of the Pokemon TCG. Fire Spin is a move that traps your opponent and deals damage over time. As such, you are a Double Voter, the vote that you make during the day phase will trap your opponent in a fiery vortex, the increased damage from the vortex causes your vote to count for 2 instead of one.

Elieson has won in the endgame, they were a 1x Kill Activated Untargetable aligned with the Pokemon

Dear Elieson, you are Golisopod.

250px-768Golisopod.png

You are a large, menacing arthropod who was introduced in the seventh generation of Pokémon games. After your release, you quickly became a fan favorite. You came into this generation when you evolved from Wimpod at level 30 and you have your own signature Move (First Impression) and Ability (Emergency Exit).

Because of your Emergency Exit ability, which lets you return to the safety of your Pokéball once your health is low, you are the 1x Kill-Activated Untargetable. If you are targeted during the night for a kill you return to your Pokéball and become untargetable, all actions that were supposed to target you, fail. This action also activates if you get lynched, instead you survive the lynch and become untargetable during the following night.

Maniacal Engineer won in the endgame, they were a 1x Lightningrod aligned with the Pokemon

Dear Maniacal Engineer, you are Pikachu.

025Pikachu.png

Everyone, and I seriously mean everyone knows who you are, even if you are sometimes mistakenly named "Pokémon" by an unknowing mother. You are the representative of the whole Pokémon Franchise, the mascot for the Japanese FIFA World Cup 2018 team, and the embodiment of Ash's hopes and dreams of becoming a Pokémon Master. You are, the Pikachu.

Since you have the possible Ability Lightning Rod in the games you are the 1x Lightning Rod. Once in the game you can send Attract Lightning to the hosts at night and that will redirect every and all Night Actions that night to you.

Elementar won in the endgame, they were a 3x Watcher aligned with the Pokemon

Hi there Elementar, you are Rockruff.

250px-744Rockruff.png

You’re an adorable little puppy Pokemon who debuted in Pokemon Sun and Moon. You’re capable of evolving into one of three higher forms. Midday, Midnight, or Dusk Forme Lycanroc. Each of these three have different strengths, but all three of them are canines, giving them a powerful sense of smell, allowing them to pick out the scents of individual players.

You have no powers right now, but before Day 1 ends, you’ll have the choice of evolving into one of your three evolved formes. As Midday Lycanroc you will be a 3x Watcher, as Midnight Lycanroc you will be a 3x Tracker, and as Dusk Lycanroc you will be a 1x Tracker and 1x Watcher. If you do not choose your evolved form by the time D1 ends, it will be chosen for you at random.

Come on man, you could at least let me send in your new role PM first.

Congratulations Elementar, you’ve evolved into Midday Lycanroc.

250px-745Lycanroc.png

Guess it was still daytime when you evolved, otherwise this wouldn’t’ve happened. You’re now a quick moving wolfish Pokemon with the Signature move Accelerock. Being a wolf, you have a powerful sense of smell, which you can use to your advantage in your role.

Speaking of your role, you are a 3x Watcher. During 3 night phases only, you can use your sense of smell to detect the scents of other players on your target, to see who visited them during that night, but not what actions were performed. You can do this by typing “Who’s that I smell on <target>?” into your role PM.

Pika_Pika42 won in the endgame, they were a Doctor and aligned with the Pokemon

Hi there Pika_Pika42, you are Chansey.

113Chansey.png

You are a chubby pink Pokemon carrying an egg who debuted in Generation I. The egg that you carry is incredibly nutritious, and is able to recover the health of anyone who eats it.

Due to this, you are a Doctor, during any and all night phases, you can feed another player a little bit of your egg to allow them to recover from any damage they may have taken during that night phase. You can do this by typing “Feed <target> a bit of my egg” into your role PM.

Crystal Onix won in the endgame, they were a Bodyguard, and 1x Bulletproof, and aligned with the Pokemon

Hi there Crystal Onix, you are Blastoise.

600px-009Blastoise.png

You are a Turtle Pokemon who debuted in Generation I as one of the three starter Pokemon of the games. Your sturdy shell grants you a high defence, and the twin cannons on your back allow you to shoot water so forcefully that it pierces steel and concrete!

Your high defence stats result in you often having a tanking role in teams, taking hits meant for other members, and taking less damage from them than others might. Due to this, you are a Bodyguard, during any and all night phases, you can target another player and become the new target of all killing actions that would target them. You can do this by typing “Take the hit for <player>” into your role PM. Your high defences will also allow you to survive a hit that would kill a normal player, making you 1x Bulletproof, meaning that the first time you would die due to a Night Kill, you will not.

Feenie won in the endgame, they were a Ninja Reporter and aligned with the Pokemon

Dear Feenie, you are Greninja.

250px-658Greninja.png

You are a large, bipedal, ninja frog-like Pokémon who was introduced in the sixth generation of Pokémon games. After your release, you quickly became a fan favorite. You came into this generation when you evolved from Frogadier at level 36 and you have your own signature Move (Water Shuriken) and Ability (Battle Bond).

Because you were designed after a ninja you are the Ninja, Trackers and Watchers do not see your actions. In the games your Speed stat is off the charts, you are able to get your messages very fast across. Because of this you are a Reporter, once every phase you can let the hosts post a message in thread. You do this by saying "Sneak message across: [MESSAGE]"

AussieEevee won in the endgame, they were a Rolecop aligned with the Pokemon

Dear AussieEevee, you are Mewtwo.

250px-150Mewtwo.png

Everybody knows you, Pokémon fans and dweebs alike. You first came into this world as a clone of the Mythical Pokémon Mew created by scientists on Cinnabar Island where you were made and studied. During the time you were there you were experimented upon. which eventually made you very vicious and extremely powerful. After you escaped, in which you destroyed the laboratory, you fled to the Cerulean Cave, where you can be captured by the main character.

Because of your Psychic abilities and telepathic abilities you are able to read other people their minds, due to this you are the Rolecop. Every night you are able to target someone and learn what their role is.

MegaPod and Kyriaki won in the endgame, MegaPod was a 1x Doctor Unlyncher with Kyriaki as their target, and Kyriaki was a 1x Shared Commuter Unlyncher with MegaPod as their target. Both were aligned with themselves.

Dear MegaPod, you are Kuriboh.

main-qimg-881fd32b529a7d797082763bc9a08a24

Kuriboh, the "useless" fun-loving Powerhouse that stood up to a Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon and Obelisk the Tormentor. The cute and small fluffball that assisted Yugi Muto in winning the Battle City tournament. Many people have said that you are useless and that Yugi is stupid for having you in his deck, but that is just because they do not know how much you would sacrifice for your friends and allies.

Because of your willingness to risk it all for your friends and allies you are the 1x Doctor. Once in the game you can send Protect: [Player] to the Hosts to let that player survive a Night Kill that night.

Dear Kyriaki, you are Kuribon.

5444.jpg

Kuribon, the small cute spirit monster that helped Luna find the Ancient Fairy Dragon. You are a more recent addition to the Yu-Gi-Oh! card list but not less recognizable for it. You have helped Luna in all kinds of situations, whether used as a card in duel or as her spirit guardian for emotional support.

Because of your power to transport Luna to and from the Duel Monsters Spirit World you are the 1x Shared Commuter. Once per game you can send Transport to the Spirit World with [Player] to make sure that you and the other player are unable to be targeted by any actions that night.

Both of you are also each other's Unlyncher, which means that to win you need to make sure that the other survives.

You are both aligned with yourself and your partner and win when you both survive until the end of the game.

Questions:
1. What do you think of the balance in the game?
2. What did you think of our hosting skills?
3. What did you think of our flavour text?
4. Would you play a LoneCheff game again?
5. Would you be interested in a (less unbalanced) sequel where the Digimon will take revenge on the Pokémon?

I would also like to sincerely apologise for the godawful balance present in this game. I'm honestly amazed that neither of us noticed how poor this was. It cannot have been fun for the mafia to be against something so ludicrously overpowered. And I am sorry. I'll try to make sure my future games are better balanced.

Last edited:
Also, notes as to the way that roles and results were working, since that seemed to be confusing people.

The Lightning Rod draws in the Roleblocker, the Roleblocker visits the Lightning Rod, but since the role has already happened, it cannot be blocked. The Roleblock fails, but they still visited the Lightning Rod, and so was seen by the Watcher. Apparently this isn't the right way to do things though.
When the Bodyguard protects a player, it works by redirecting the kill to the Bodyguard. So, a Watcher on the original kill target would see the Bodygrard, but not the killer, as it was redirected to the Bodyguard.

The Lightning Rod draws in the Roleblocker, the Roleblocker visits the Lightning Rod, but since the role has already happened, it cannot be blocked. The Roleblock fails, but they still visited the Lightning Rod, and so was seen by the Watcher. Apparently this isn't the right way to do things though.
When the Bodyguard protects a player, it works by redirecting the kill to the Bodyguard. So, a Watcher on the original kill target would see the Bodygrard, but not the killer, as it was redirected to the Bodyguard.

I would do both the exact same way. I agree with what you did.

Congrats to the town and the unlynchers :) Bad luck mafia. You were up against a strong town, and unfortunately it was hard for you guys. I think you did well for what you had though.

Thanks to @Lone_Garurumon and @CheffOfGames :) Whilst the balance wasn't as great as it could have been, I still enjoyed myself and I'm sure a lot of people did. It was great to see quite an active game again :)

It could have been improved, like no possibility of a watcher and lightning rod combo. Other than that, if mafia was beefed up a bit, and town had less protection, I think it would've worked. 1 x Strongman wasn't enough to counter all the protection, and if they just had a few extra powers, it would've worked out.

It was pretty good. Other than a minor hiccup with late phase update, everything was good and I liked the decisions you made when the time came. It was a hard game to host and I know there were a lot of questions. You handled that well and professionally :)
I liked it. I still need to read a little bit but what I've read is good. I don't know much about Digimon though :)

Of course :D
5. Would you be interested in a (less unbalanced) sequel where the Digimon will take revenge on the Pokémon?

Definitely! :)

Congrats town and the unlynchers, thanks to the mafia team for giving us a good game :)

I was wondering if I would become a vig as it seemed like a role that might suit Gyrados. Looks like my vig powers wouldn't have been much use if we'd know about them though with Darth being Untargetable and Space being Bulletproof.

Well played by the town leaders for working out the game, think the mafia team would have still had a difficult time though as town was a bit overpowered in conparison.

I don't think my own performance was the best, felt I was kind of erratic at times and was lucky to get away with a few things such as the 'another genuine miller claim' thing, I was kind of paranoid about my role given my pm suggested my role may change later.

Think it was a bit unbalanced in favour of town, if the mafia had had a few more powers it may have been more balanced.
You did well, I would have made the same mistake with the Lightningrod thing but we all understand how it works better now, you did a great job (y)
It was good, I enjoyed the battle scenes between the pokemon and digimon.
Yes
Yes

Questions:

Holy [censored]. No offence guys, but IMO, that balance was way off. All I'm seeing is town power role after town power role... and mafia faction has 4 flat tyres and no spares, metaphorically speaking.

Not sure what to say here. It got the job done, so it works... right? And you didn't have the screw up I have in TBM, so... you get a pass :p

Haven't read it all, but what I did read was good.

LoneCheff?

Seriously though, probably. Depends on the theme.

Do I get to be a digimon this time? Digimon are like Pokemon but better.

Criticisms, but I think OC caused this game to be solved too easily.

Also, I'm noticing less and less games these days have hypermajority rules. I'm not the only one that hates hypermajority?

Edit: Can we see the mafia chat please?

Last edited:
This game shall eternally be known as: “LG and Cheff Suck at Balancing Worse than Zexy Mafia.”

To be fair, though, part of the imbalance was who RNG’d what role. Pitting Lightning Rod ME, Cop HD, and 1x Deathproof Elie against anybody will lead to somebody getting roflstomped, especially in OC games.

Though, for once, HD, Elie, and I were all on the same team. Which resulted in the massacre that I thought it would.

I will say, this game must have been awful to play as mafia, and I don’t think that even I could have lasted long against the powerhouse town roles.

Biggest question: what’s the point of the Ninja modifier in front of the Reporter? It’s not like they actually target anybody. At all.

Also, regarding Lightning Rod + Roleblocker, you were correct about how it is handled. LR draws in the block, but since LR already happened m, it can’t be blocked. It should still count as a visit, but the Blocker should not have gotten a “failed” message.

Also, apologies to Pika_Pika. Under normal circumstances, I would not have kept the Doctor at arm’s length in OC, but I had the Bodyguard claim, Elie’s 1x Deathproof claim, Space’s 100% BP claim, and the individual 1x self protections for the Indeps. There was no town kill power in the game that I was aware of, so this seemed a little strange to me.

Also, I'm noticing less and less games these days have hypermajority rules. I'm not the only one that hates hypermajority?
I'm against Hyper Majority as it can stop a player from participating in a potentially important way. And because if the phases end early, it changes the time that phases update, and that won't end well for anybody. I choose my update times for a reason. Those reasons are why my games will never Hyper-M rules.

Biggest question: what’s the point of the Ninja modifier in front of the Reporter? It’s not like they actually target anybody. At all.
Cheff said that normally he'd give those results as having visited "the thread".

If Feenie was tracked we would have given the result "Feenie was seen visiting the thread." if they were not a Ninja, I might have been wrong about that but flavour-wise it would have been weird to not give GreNINJA the ninja modifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom