• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon who got uglier after evolution

Dewott to Samurott. It is ugly, and doesn't seem like a fitting evolution to me.

Two replies to earlier posts that I don't feel like quoting:

Scraggy rocks just as hard as Scrafty! Scraggy looks like he has a mohawk, and he does this awesome beatboxing hop thing in his battle animation.
ETA: Oops, I mixed up these two 'mons.

And I must have repressed my knowledge of the Tympole family's existence, because they are all hideous: Tympole looks like a sperm cell and Palpitoad (God, what a disgusting name! Palpable bulges, anyone) and whatever his evo's called look like they're covered in tumours.

Last edited:
Teddiursa was sweet and adorable then BAM it turns into a scary beast. So yeah I just pretend Ursaring doesn't exist...

Honestly, I think Shinx got uglier upon evolution. I kinda freaked out when my darling little Shinx evolved into Luxio and then Luxray. They're just not as cute as little Shinx

but in all seriousiness swampert's design vs. mudkip in the 3rd gen was fail. It looked like a fat angry beaver and I absolutely despised myself for choosing mudkip over torchic which evolved into an awsome looking blaziken (as a little kid, treeko's eyes were just out of the question). At least they've improved the design somewhat in the newer gens as it no longer looks like it ate to many vanillites.

Honestly, I think Shinx got uglier upon evolution. I kinda freaked out when my darling little Shinx evolved into Luxio and then Luxray. They're just not as cute as little Shinx
Aren't evolutions supposed to look cute? They just start out cute and end up into fierce strong creatures.

Ambipom and Probopass...

And the ice cream cone. It gets uglier and stupider as it evolves.

I'm actually pretty cool with just about every evolution. And I like that cuteness becomes terrifying.

Let's see...
Conkeldurr is just, gross...
Probopass is weird...
Garbodor is also weird...
Amoongus is ugly too...
All of them, except Probopass, have cute pre-evolutions... WTF happened???

559.png

Aw, li'l Scraggy and his constant pants-pulling-up and his cute little grin...

560.png

AAAAH! WHAT THE HELL?! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO LI'L SCRAGGY?! D:
...You're joking, right? Scrafty is the most natural evolution: a little kid who hangs out on the street evolves into an older gangster who wears a long hood an has a mohawk.

Both Scraggy and Scrafty are awesome, don't diss either one of them :mad:

...You're joking, right? Scrafty is the most natural evolution: a little kid who hangs out on the street evolves into an older gangster who wears a long hood an has a mohawk.

Both Scraggy and Scrafty are awesome, don't diss either one of them :mad:
Couldn't agree more. I think Scrafty is a great perfect evolution of Scraggy. Heck, its one of the most creative evolutions Gamefreak has ever done. PikachuColoredPichu just needs to get his eyes checked.

Any starter -> Middle-evo (except Monferno.)
No offence, but Monferno is ugly as heeeeell :p

Last edited:
Purugly, is just awful, because Purugly, even has the word ugly in it's, stands no one to the first evolution Glameow.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom