• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon with clothing

Vyrron

#TeamSword
Reaction score
Pokemon that appear to wear clothes like Jynx, Machoke, Machamp, Hitmonchan, Sawk, Throh etc., do you think they really wear clothes? Or do you think those "clothes" are actually growths and textures that make the pokemon appear as if they were wearing clothes?

Discuss

p.s.: sorrry if there's another thread about this.

I believe Sawk and Throh really are wearing Gis.

For Jynx and Hitmonchan, I believe it's part of their Bodies.

For Machoke/Machamp, I'm not sure. I know the Belt portion isn't part of their Bodies but I'm not sure about the Spandex part.

Otherwise, I think the Game just kind of ignores the question of 'Where" their actual Clothes come from and assumes that those without can get theirs somehow.

I never thought of that before, very interesting :-D

I would say their "clothes" are a natural part of their body. Their purpose might be to attract mates, or to lure prey or repel predators.
I think the clothes could also be an adaption from being around humans, so they could appear more human-like since they're human-shape Pokemon, with the clothes they can appear dressed in public while they're actually naked :)

Well, we need to remember that just because something is in the video game for convention's sake does not mean it's very Logical in the "Real" Pokemon World.

I mean, a Spoink is hatched with a Pearl in the games but according to Lore, it has to get one from a Clampearl.

Same goes for Far'fetch'd with it's Leak. It's not 'Born' with a Leak in Hand.

Works the other way too. Slowbro only evolves when a Shellder Clamps onto it's Tail, according to Lore but for the sake of the Video game, no Shellder is needed (which I really think should be Ret-conned.)

It's one of those moment's of "Suspension-of-Logic" in order for the Game to be played without too much delving into the inescapable Pit of the Need for Too Much Realism.

Jynx, Hitmonchan - those are probably parts of their bodies.

Machop line, Throh, Sawk - those are probably clothes.

I believed the same about Throh and Sawk until I saw this:

Stephan_Sawk.png

The trousers here look like they're part of Sawk's body instead of regular clothing. Unless the jacket and the belt are actual clothing while the trousers are not.

Interesting,though Im wondering, if the clothes were really not part of these Pokemon's bodies, where do the get the clothes? Im pretty sure wild Pokemon dont just find them lying around, so maybe all the Pokemon that are wearing clothing, maybe it is a part of their body because I cant think of how else they'd get them.

The trousers here look like they're part of Sawk's body instead of regular clothing. Unless the jacket and the belt are actual clothing while the trousers are not.

In the episode of Mistralton Tower, there was a scene where Keniyan asked his Sawk to lend him his black belt, so the belt could be detached, it seems.

Well, in the Episode when they had to do the Scavenger Hunt, Stephan tried to pull Sawk's Belt off so that indicates that he assumed it came off (they never did show where he got the Belt finally.)
His "Pants" could be part of his body but I'm more inclined to think it's just a "Style" of their Pants...... Not something I'd wear but, whatever.

As for where they get the clothes, I wonder but have we ever seen a "Wild" Pokemon wearing clothes? Only time we've seen most Pokemon wearing Clothes, they were Owned by someone.
I think it's kind of assumed that they get the clothes somewhere.

Maybe some parts are, and some parts aren't. Like with the Machop line. I think the 'spandex' is natural, but the belt isn't.

But regarding Sawk (and Throh as well, I guess)

This does make it seem like the pants portion is natural. In that case, maybe only the jacket portion isn't part of the body.

These unnatural parts of the Pokémon's body could be obtained by the Pokémon itself, similar to the way a Sewaddle makes its own leaf hood.

And Jynx's 'dress' seems completely natural to me.

Kirlia, Gardevior and Lilligant also seem to fit in this category. I think Sawk lending the belt simply means that he's holding the Black Belt item.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom