• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanWheeler

Reaction score
So I would like to start a roleplay where you travel through the Pokémon world Dungeons & Dragons style. In the main cast of players, there should be at least a male trainer who collects Gym badges to compete in the Pokémon League, a female Pokémon Coordinator who competes in Pokémon contests, and Dexter, Professor Oak's assistant who aims to complete the Pokédex. If you want more in the group, you can sign up your character. But the main group has a limit of six human characters. Also note that all gym leaders in this role play are game characters. There won't be any made-up gym leaders. And if anyone would take the role of NPCs like Professor Oak, Bill and the Gym Leaders, that would be fine with me. They would be considered "Guest Players". Player characters from the games could be rivals. There could also be a Team Rocket group that is after the players. This playthrough would go through Kanto, then Johto, then Hoenn, then Sinnoh, then Unova, then Kalos.

However, if you don't like Kanto and are impatient? You want to play a character in another region? Well, my alternate idea would be each region would have their own subplots and the main characters for each region would be the players from the games. And the Game Master (which would be me) could shift between subplots.

There will also be a random number generator for this role play in Pokémon battles. The number master must have some fancy dice like a 20-sided die, any kind of coin and must be really good at math. The 20d will determine if a move hits. The number has to be low to miss. The accuracy of the move would determine how low it has to be to miss. 100% accuracy never miss. 95%-99% misses at 1. 90%-94% misses at 1 or 2. 85%-89% misses at 1, 2 or 3. And so on (you get the pattern). If it lands on a 20, it's a critical hit.

Anyway, who wants to play? And do you want to do the version where one group goes through each region, or do you like the idea of regional subplots? Who wants to be the number master?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom