• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon World General Chat Thread

Reaction score
Greetings, inhabitants from the Pokémon World and those from far and beyond!

This chat thread was created after this suggestion and, while it is still on a trial run, it should help us who enjoy this section's subject get to know one another and have some healthy discussion.

You are not limited to discuss only about the matters of the forum's subject, however. You are invited to talk about anything and everything, as long as it respects the forum rules.

For starters, how are you guys? Did you get holidays in this winter season? School and work are doing well? Did you get what you wished for Christmas?

Myself, I'm pretty good. I'm still on my holidays (though they are ending, but I cannot complain). School's been fine, aside from some iffier grades and the need to study more. For Christmas, I wished for the game The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (which I got) and health (hopefully, I'll have it!). In addition, I got some cash and a watch, with a "tick tack" that is getting on my nerves ._.'

Twilight Princess! :D It's a great game, ghaskan, so I hope you enjoy it :p I like Wind Waker aswell, on the old Gamecube lol

Got a pesky laptop for Christmas that has been more trouble than it's worth so far! :mad:

I'm using it now while trying to watch all six seasons of Lost before New Year. I'm not doing anything else recently, so I might aswell waste my time watching it <3 I'm still on the first series, though, so I guess I'm going to have to become a recluse to get them finished in time :3

Also, as this is a trial is this going to be stickied or no?

A new laptop? Even if it's annoying, you're lucky :< I wanted one, but I'll have to wait for a while longer, I guess. :S

I did get an encyclopedia that's big enough to kill somebody. It weighs nine pounds. ._. Good thing I still have a bit of time to get started on it and the other books. Though I'm guessing that I'll still be wasting a lot of my time here. ohoho.

Twilight Princess! :D It's a great game, ghaskan, so I hope you enjoy it :p I like Wind Waker aswell, on the old Gamecube lol

I was enjoying it. Until I came to my aunt's house and brought the game along, but not the memory card. Go me. :p

Got a pesky laptop for Christmas that has been more trouble than it's worth so far! :mad:

Aww, what's wrong with your laptop?

I'm using it now while trying to watch all six seasons of Lost before New Year. I'm not doing anything else recently, so I might aswell waste my time watching it <3 I'm still on the first series, though, so I guess I'm going to have to become a recluse to get them finished in time :3

Never watched Lost, don't know if I ever will, but if you like it, go ahead! Devouring entire series can be fun - says the one who watched 3 seasons of Digimon in like 3 weeks. xD

Also, as this is a trial is this going to be stickied or no?

Not sticking for now, though if this works out it's likely it'll be stickied, as it's a fine starting point for newbies and something that's worth keeping on top. We'll need to consider our options before cluttering the whole thing.

A new laptop? Even if it's annoying, you're lucky :< I wanted one, but I'll have to wait for a while longer, I guess. :S

Is your computer a deskstop in the end of its days? If yes, you have my condolences. My old computer gave me some terrible browsing experiences in its last days...Hope you get one soon!

I did get an encyclopedia that's big enough to kill somebody. It weighs nine pounds. ._. Good thing I still have a bit of time to get started on it and the other books. Though I'm guessing that I'll still be wasting a lot of my time here. ohoho.

Waste time here while reading. xD I sometimes read for like, 10, 20 minutes then come back checking and so on, though if the book is really engaging I'll delay for a bit...

Well I can no longer use my DS's Wi-Fi aslong as I want to use the laptop wirelessy, so it's pretty annoying really. It's nice to sit downstairs with the family rather than being upstairs on my own, though.

LOL nine pounds. I'm tempted to go and weigh some of our encyclopedias just to see how much they weigh now xD

I haven't done much reading in a while. I do have some books I bought ages ago that I would like to read, but I never seem to have the patience to sit down and read them anymore :/

I was enjoying it. Until I came to my aunt's house and brought the game along, but not the memory card. Go me. :p

Aww, what's wrong with your laptop?

Never watched Lost, don't know if I ever will, but if you like it, go ahead! Devouring entire series can be fun - says the one who watched 3 seasons of Digimon in like 3 weeks. xD

Not sticking for now, though if this works out it's likely it'll be stickied, as it's a fine starting point for newbies and something that's worth keeping on top. We'll need to consider our options before cluttering the whole thing.

Have you got Twilight Princess on the Wii? I didn't have a Wii when it came out, so I have it on the Gamecube. It still plays well regardless, though. :p

We couldn't get the wireless internet to work with the laptop, but now we have manged that, I can't use my DS wirelessly, so no trading or battling for me, which is rather annoying. Nothing major mind.

Lost is my favourite TV show... so far. It has a whole host of haters (my parents included) but each to their own. I don't care about the haters, it's a great show to me :3

Is your computer a deskstop in the end of its days? If yes, you have my condolences. My old computer gave me some terrible browsing experiences in its last days...Hope you get one soon!
Nah, I just broke it xD Thanks, though. :]

Waste time here while reading. xD I sometimes read for like, 10, 20 minutes then come back checking and so on, though if the book is really engaging I'll delay for a bit...
Yeah, I do the same thing.

Well I can no longer use my DS's Wi-Fi aslong as I want to use the laptop wirelessy, so it's pretty annoying really. It's nice to sit downstairs with the family rather than being upstairs on my own, though.

LOL nine pounds. I'm tempted to go and weigh some of our encyclopedias just to see how much they weigh now xD
See if you can find one over nine pounds XD Considering that the book contains just about every animal on Earth, I'm not surprised that it's so big.

I haven't done much reading in a while. I do have some books I bought ages ago that I would like to read, but I never seem to have the patience to sit down and read them anymore :/
I don't as much reading as I used to, but I still try to get a good hour in per day.

On a side note, has anybody seen the movie War Horse? I watched it today; it was a very stirring movie and it portrayed WWI really well. It was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

My Christmas was okay. I got a laptop, but it has a bad habit of automatically zooming, making everything bigger. Stupid Google Chrome browser. D:<

And a NINE pound Encyclopedia? Wow...just wow. o_O

I don't really plan on watching War Horse. It's nothing that seemed to grab my attention.

Have you got Twilight Princess on the Wii? I didn't have a Wii when it came out, so I have it on the Gamecube. It still plays well regardless, though. :p

It's on the Wii, aye. I love swinging the sword around, it's awesome! I never had a GameCube, but nowadays it seems to me that I missed some cool games.

We couldn't get the wireless internet to work with the laptop, but now we have manged that, I can't use my DS wirelessly, so no trading or battling for me, which is rather annoying. Nothing major mind.

Oh, your laptop only accepted the WEP type of connection? Well, if that's just that it shouldn't be too bad if you a second computer to set it to WEP when you need to trade/fight.

Lost is my favourite TV show... so far. It has a whole host of haters (my parents included) but each to their own. I don't care about the haters, it's a great show to me :3

Haters gonna hate. Now I'm curious...I know they are lost in some island (duh), but besides that, what's it about?

Nah, I just broke it xD Thanks, though. :]

Lemme guess... you hit it with a Nokia phone? :p

I don't as much reading as I used to, but I still try to get a good hour in per day.

Yeah, I also used to devour books but lost the habit. One of my New Year's resolution is to fix that.

On a side note, has anybody seen the movie War Horse? I watched it today; it was a very stirring movie and it portrayed WWI really well. It was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Nope, haven't even heard of it, though it hasn't come to my country yet so that might explain it. I'm usually not a big fan of movies based on wars, though the ones which explore the psychological part tend to be interesting.

My Christmas was okay. I got a laptop, but it has a bad habit of automatically zooming, making everything bigger. Stupid Google Chrome browser. D:<.

I still prefer Deskstops, hehe. Have you tried other browsers? I would recommend Opera; not as widely supported as the "big three", but as long as you have Chrome and Firefox for the few things Opera doesn't support, it works like a charm. (Don't use IE. Don't, don't, don't! Ahem)

I actually prefer IE, but only because I don't have to deal with the Zoom issue that Chrome is giving me.

I got Zelda: Skyward Sword and a 3DS for Christmas. I haven't played the 3DS much yet, because I don't actually have any games for it yet, so I've been playing Skyward Sword like crazy. I finished it yesterday, and what a fantastic adventure it was. My favourite Zelda game since Twilight Princess.

It's on the Wii, aye. I love swinging the sword around, it's awesome! I never had a GameCube, but nowadays it seems to me that I missed some cool games.

Oh, your laptop only accepted the WEP type of connection? Well, if that's just that it shouldn't be too bad if you a second computer to set it to WEP when you need to trade/fight.

Haters gonna hate. Now I'm curious...I know they are lost in some island (duh), but besides that, what's it about?

There actually wasn't that many good games on gamecube. Unless I was just too young to appreciate on them. LoZ Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart Double Dash and Metroid Prime 1+2 (haven't played 3) were the games I played. I also have Pokemon Colosseum, but I wouldn't call it a good game, I probably only bought it because it's a Pokemon game. I'd like to track down a copy of XD: Gale of Darkness just to see what it's like (similar to Colosseum, I guess).

My laptop needs WPA, but the DS needs WEP. So we had to change the settings of the router to WPA. If I can change the settings on the PC to WEP, I guess I can use that when I need to trade. I don't trade all that much anymore, but if they bring out more DW mons, then I'll need to pick them up! :p

A plane crashes on an island, and strange things begin to happen on it. I can't really describe it other than that. One thing I like is stories with complex and flawed characters, and most of them are that. They do a good job at character progression/development with them, as they tell their life before the crash through flashbacks so you learn more about their past and stuff. It's really good (IMO ;p).

Sorry for typing so much lol!

Sorry for not being able to go online for a couple of days. Internet connection was broken because it's my fault for making a mistake. It's just fixed. Still, this allowed me to finish up reading all the Horrible Histories books. Very interesting lot, and I am amazed to hear that this series is quite popular because I never heard of them earlier, compared to Harry Potter (I said this because Horrible Histories is a Britain series, like HP).

Thanks for reading.

I've been playing Ocarina of Time 3D and Mario Kart 7 recently. Both have been really fun to play, however I miss the absence of Waluigi.

I've been playing Ocarina of Time 3D and Mario Kart 7 recently. Both have been really fun to play, however I miss the absence of Waluigi.

When Waluigi's out of the picture, you can just see many players wishing he's included. I am pleasantly surprised by this, because Waluigi's a funny character and it's shown that many people appreciates Waluigi.

That's it for now.

@winstein,

Yeh man, Waluigi's fantastic. Although the introduction of Shy Guy, Lakitu and Wiggler showed off some good new characters, Honey Queen and Metal Mario weren't the most suitable characters to add into the game.

@Synthesis,

Shy Guy is only available in Mario Kart DS as a playable character during Download Play races (single-cartridge multiplayer). Otherwise you can't use him to race with.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom