• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon World Maps

pkmnreigonexperimentfinal-1.png

I haven't played the Pokemon games for a couple of years, but I'm somewhat obsessed with the geography of video games, so I had to make this. It's based off the entire map of Japan, like how each region is based off a small part of Japan. All the areas from the spinoff games were not included because I believe them to be on entirely different continents. The only main game location that is missing is the Sevii islands, but I couldn't find any pictures of all the islands together so I don't know how they line up. Also, the routes around the Kanto-Johto area have been tweaked in order to be more loyal to the 1st and 3rd gen Kanto map. Go ahead and use this or parts of it for whatever you want, but just be sure to credit me. If you have any questions, PM or email me.

pkmnreigonexperimentfinalwroutes.png

Here's a quick sketch where the "missing routes" would be.

(Oh yeah, it would be nice if someone who has Diamond or Pearl to add the little blue squares to the areas where dungeons are. Be careful though, only certain dungeons should be marked on the map. Take a look at the ones that I marked on the Hoenn map for more details.)

Last edited:
You know, where there be dragons.

(he means things likes caves, forests etc.)

Also your box art made me smile Lord of Cows.

Please stay on topic. Personal conversations that have nothing to do with the thread should be exchanged via private messaging.

...ok...
well i think that we can all agree that it is almost impossible to agree on a map until nintendo actually shows one.

and i was just trying to say that that box art would provide more of a smile, that's all.

...ok...
well i think that we can all agree that it is almost impossible to agree on a map until nintendo actually shows one.

and i was just trying to say that that box art would provide more of a smile, that's all.

Hey, umm... Question about Nintendo never ACTUALLY showing us a map.

Does that mean that This isn't an actual map, then?

I just wanted to know, since, you know... I thought that was an official map.

Anyways, that's all for now.

It was put out by the anime guys and everyone knows that they don't know anything and resort to making up places with such wonderful names as Hop Hop Town or whatever the fuck.

Besides look at that map. Where does Jhonto end? Mysterious clouds? This is bullshit.

That map only shows the 4 regions, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. Where would Almia, Fieore, Orre and Holon be then?

@RABicle: I think they do know quite a bit about the pokemon world (otherwise, why would they even try to make the regions similar to the game ones?). And anyways, if they just focused on the locations in the games and didn't add them on, the size of the region would possibly be... what, the state of Rhode Island, or a landmass/territory even smaller than that and the Kantonet would probably be a bit smaller than Long Island, New York? and them ending with mysterious clouds, well, you've got me there.

@Sphinx3000: Yeah, you got me there. I mean, I don't see any reason why they CAN'T add in Fiore or Orre. I could understand Almia not being there, since Batonnage wasn't announced yet (Actually, when those movie things were being released, I don't think it was even an Idea yet.).

I mean, they showed the Sevii Islands on that same map, so I know the anime writers can also focus on Fiore and Orre (I mean, they barely even COVERED the Sevii Islands, I think the only mention of the Sevii Islands was when Ritchie went to One Island to see Moltres, and even THEN, the dub made it seem like an anime only location, so very few people even KNOW that it was a game location.) They covered the other 8 islands in the Sevii Islands despite their not being covered in the anime, anyways, and Solana IS from Fiore, so why couldn't they try and do Fiore and Orre?

well, If I had to speculate, I'd say that Orre is just above Johto/Kanto (more towards johto, since there is an ocean towards the west of Orre.) Fiore, well, I'd say that it's near the Moon/Coronet mountain range (even the full maps hint that it's connected to the kantonet since you don't see any oceans to the south of it.) and Almia, well I'll have to wait until they actually release it since they don't have the map for Almia on Bulbapedia. and as for Holon, can anyone give me a map for it?

also, that map is impossible, because it has Sinnoh with the snow at the top as it should be, but if it is at the same level as Kanto and Johto, then why don't they have snow on the top of them too?

Hasn't anyone ever considered that the regions from the spinoff games are in a vastly different part of the world than the other places, so that a single unifying map couldn't be made without crashing everyone's computers? You also gotta take into consideration that the spinoff games might be secondary canon, and therefore may or may not even exist in the same world as the main games.

However, they say that Colosseum's Orre is based off of Arizona. I'm surprised nobody has taken this seriously yet and looked at a map.

2-3.png

Hasn't anyone ever considered that the regions from the spinoff games are in a vastly different part of the world than the other places, so that a single unifying map couldn't be made without crashing everyone's computers? You also gotta take into consideration that the spinoff games might be secondary canon, and therefore may or may not even exist in the same world as the main games.

However, they say that Colosseum's Orre is based off of Arizona. I'm surprised nobody has taken this seriously yet and looked at a map.

2-3.png

Sigh, and ALSO, that's connected to A city, whileas Orre has, what, 5? 6 different towns? Even in the main games, they try to keep the location extremely similar to the real-life location in terms of towns and cities. And also, correct me if I'm mistaken, I haven't exactly played the game, but didn't the game hint that the shore led to an open Ocean?

Also, with secondary canon. That maybe true with Pokemon Mystery dungeon, but the same simply cannot be said for places such as Orre, Fiore, Almia, and some others (since they directly link to the Main games [and in the case of Fiore, directly references the main regions.]. Heck, one of the few Legit ways to even ACQUIRE a certain Sea Prince/Princess is THROUGH Fiore, so it DEFINITELY has to exist. Besides, the Global transfer center in Firered/Leafgreen links to Orre, so that region Definitely has to exist in the same canon timeline/locations as the Main games.

Also, I've LOOKED at a map several times, and it definitely doesn't have any remote similarities to Arizona. And even IF that map was true, that will only prove that it was based off of Mexico, not Arizona.

From what I've seen, a lot of the regions are similar to real-life ones only in the shapes of the land, and some important landforms, such as Hoenn's Mt. Chimney having a real-life counterpart.

And yes, I am aware that Orre is nothing like Arizona, as I live there myself. It's just I've read several sources (Including Orre's own Bulbapedia article) stating that it's based off of Arizona, and the coincidence with the Gulf of California just made it seem a little more obvious.... to me. I could very well be wrong and I don't feel like arguing about it.

So while I'm posting, I have a few questions:
•What game(s) did the Orange Archipelago appear in? I remember it being mentioned in the anime... but there were a ton of weird places like "Grandpa Canyon" that never existed in the games.
•Does anyone have any official proof showing how (and where, if that could be found) the Sevii Islands line up? All the maps I've seen show the islands being divided up into three separate sectors. I need to see the big picture.

Sigh, and ALSO, that's connected to A city, whileas Orre has, what, 5? 6 different towns? Even in the main games, they try to keep the location extremely similar to the real-life location in terms of towns and cities.
No they don't.
And also, correct me if I'm mistaken, I haven't exactly played the game, but didn't the game hint that the shore led to an open Ocean?
You are mistaken because the Gulf of California as pictured in the google maps IS an ocean.

Also, I've LOOKED at a map several times, and it definitely doesn't have any remote similarities to Arizona. And even IF that map was true, that will only prove that it was based off of Mexico, not Arizona.
You've looked but it's been established that you're clearly an idiot. If the map proposed is accurate (as it almost certainly is) then you'll see Orre comprises of vast tracks of Arizona, as well as Mexico. Claiming it's based on either exclusively is stupid.

So while I'm posting, I have a few questions:
•What game(s) did the Orange Archipelago appear in? I remember it being mentioned in the anime... but there were a ton of weird places like "Grandpa Canyon" that never existed in the games.
•Does anyone have any official proof showing how (and where, if that could be found) the Sevii Islands line up? All the maps I've seen show the islands being divided up into three separate sectors. I need to see the big picture.
The orange islands have never appeared or been mentioned in the games. I think the very fact that they're called the orange islands is enough to completely disregard them as they were clearly thought up in about ten seconds flat by completely uninterested anime executives who earn way too much money for the pathetic tripe they roll out weekly.
There is no official proof that the Sevii island line up, or are directly below Kanto as presented in FR/LG, however there is also no evidence to the contrary either.

Last edited:
Exactly. Though some people deny to even realize the possibility of this.

But it isn't arranged the exact same way. You would get a similar viewpoint by cropping off the area showing the other side of the Gulf, rotating the entire region counterclockwise some degrees, and placing an, otherwise nonexistent, huge green mountain next to the river's base.

I'm just saying. For all the color-named games, whatever the region's based off geographically resembles the real thing. If you want to find the "true" location of Orre, look some 5,500 miles across the ocean from Kanto (within the Earth's curve). That's about 50 Kantos away. It makes sense being all the way over there, though, as it doesn't follow the Route System or have any common similarities with the regions based off Japan.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom