• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon World Tournament aka the Hardest Thing I Have Ever Faced in the Games

KarlG

Reaction score
So I've been playing BW2 since last year, and I have been playing the PWT for over 4 months now.

Question: HOW do you win the World Leaders tournament? I've been grinding and grinding, trying various combinations: A Zoruark + Volcarona + Seismitoad, a Cobalion + Yanmega + Slaking, a Jellicent + Scoliopede + Virizion.

I've won Unova multiple times (buck up, guys!), the other Leader tournaments a couple of times each... but WHAT is the deal with the WL tournament?

It's difficult to the point of satisfying each time I win a round - only to get knocked out the next round.

I used to think Gym Leaders were weak, because I could handle their Pokemon with ease in all the games... but these guys have really upped it a notch.

Any tips?

The matchup is completely random. I once brought an all-Ghost team to the PWT and the game matched me with two Psychic leaders in a row, so they're not really deliberately trying to make you lose or anything.

Also, the trainers in the World Leaders have an upgrade in their teams, so they're naturally tougher than when you battle them by respective region tourneys.

I had to go through the World Leaders like a hundred times before getting all ten wins to unlock the Champions.

Bring all the coverage possible and hope for the best.

I used good pokemons. And by good pokemons i mean IV bred ones. My in game team was enough to defeat the regional championships, but in the world leadres, I had to use a Darmanitan I IV bread, the shiny Dragonite that Benga gives you (I SR for a good one) and a my starter Samurott (SR for good IVs, good Nature). Then I did the some type expert by breeding some other pokemon, and used some mixes of them to unlock the Champion League.

What... Have to IV breed?! Wow...

Btw, it's not just the typing, it's also the variety of moves and strategy. It's Altaria with Sky Attack and Power Herb, Slaking with Eject Button etc. Tough!

Random game mons brute force wont cut it. You need to stratergy beat it.

They might be strong but the have a glaring weakness.

They dont tactic switch!

This means they are easily destroyed by boosting pokemon. Burn status on their opener then bringing in a dragon dance dragonite with roost to max boost spped/atk while roosting off poor foe damage before one shotting their team.

I find leech seed defensive pokemons good too since the enemy will sit seeded healing you up. Scrafty and sableye make a great team since scrafty can boost kill anything but fighting move users who sableye can free switch on and cripple with willowisp.

Dragons and fire/fighting starters also combo well.

Last edited:
Random game mons brute force wont cut it. You need to stratergy beat it.

They might be strong but the have a glaring weakness.

They dont tactic switch!

This means they are easily destroyed by boosting pokemon. Burn status on their opener then bringing in a dragon dance dragonite with roost to max boost spped/atk while roosting off poor foe damage before one shotting their team.

I find leech seed defensive pokemons good too since the enemy will sit seeded healing you up. Scrafty and sableye make a great team since scrafty can boost kill anything but fighting move users who sableye can free switch on and cripple with willowisp.

Dragons and fire/fighting starters also combo well.

This.
I once rented a Leech Seed Venusaur in Battle Factory on SS, and liked it very much, but used sludge bomb instead of ingrain.

By the way, if you are patient enough, you can SR for good ivs on the shiny dragons (dratini/gible-Haxorus) They are useful with dragon dance.
Other good pokemons are Moxie users. Tehy kill one and become nearly unstoppable.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom