• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon World War

Re: Pokemon and War

Thank you Gato for telling me that. I try not to take the games to literally though as I'm more of an anime person and I would guess that they would be able to provide a smokescreen of sorts with their fire attacks.

Anyway if missile technology had advanced to the level used in Desert Storm using Ponyta and Rapidash would just leave them open to attack unless there were ECM's or Pokemon that could scramble the guidance system of those missles. A group of Magnemite or Magneton would be great for that.

Lt. Surge tells us Pokemon do fight in wars. They powered his plane and fought with him on the ground using electrical attacks.

I imagine that most other pokemon also worked in a similar fashion.
I think that the last war that was fought in the pokemon world was something akin to WWII. It'd be between humans, and humans would be the main fighters. Pokemon might belong individually to soldiers, who'd use them for practical purposes, or else emergencies. Or else they'd be used corporately, largescale, for power and heat or other needs. (Think the largescale deployment of Machamps, Electrodes, etc.) Generally, I don't imagine them powerful enough to be weapons.

Or the modern world could be much more directly descended from the ancients, with one-on-one combat occasionally sufficing for entire armies meeting, and ultimately replacing it.

I think that the last war that was fought in the pokemon world was something akin to WWII. It'd be between humans, and humans would be the main fighters. Pokemon might belong individually to soldiers, who'd use them for practical purposes, or else emergencies. Or else they'd be used corporately, largescale, for power and heat or other needs. (Think the largescale deployment of Machamps, Electrodes, etc.) Generally, I don't imagine them powerful enough to be weapons.

Or the modern world could be much more directly descended from the ancients, with one-on-one combat occasionally sufficing for entire armies meeting, and ultimately replacing it.

Thats a good thought, perhaps Pokemon battling grew from the practice of different tribes selecting one or a few fighters with trained Pokemon to fight rather then risk a war that could destroy them. I think thats how the Olympics began wasnt it?

As for during "The War" I could see electric Pokemon being used as moblie power generators and the Machop family being used to help build defenses and set up heavy artillery. All the stuff that required muscle to do.

Didn't that guy left from home, because of the war in the animé (EP: The Ghost of Maiden's Peak)? It was something, umh, two hundred years ago? So there were a war back then at least. And in the Lucario-movie where Pokémon were fighting too. Unless it was the same war? How long did that Lucario stay in the "sceptre"?

on The Ghost of Maiden's Peak, it was actually 2000 years ago. However, it was a legend, so it might not have actually taken place

BTW, Lt Surge looks more like a veteran of Vietnam, not WW2. At least to me

on The Ghost of Maiden's Peak, it was actually 2000 years ago. However, it was a legend, so it might not have actually taken place

BTW, Lt Surge looks more like a veteran of Vietnam, not WW2. At least to me

I think he could be a veteran of WW2.Why?
Because:
1)He is fairly old actually.Consider the fact that one of the trainers in the gym says that Lt.Surge was his CO.And that man is a gentleman and pretty old.So,its possible that Lt.Surge is pretty old(he might be a lot more than 50).
2)Most importantly,The kanto region is based on the Kanto region in Japan.And Japan was involved in WW2.

However, this is just a theory.

Because:
1)He is fairly old actually.Consider the fact that one of the trainers in the gym says that Lt.Surge was his CO.And that man is a gentleman and pretty old.So,its possible that Lt.Surge is pretty old(he might be a lot more than 50).
2)Most importantly,The kanto region is based on the Kanto region in Japan.And Japan was involved in WW2.

Lt. Surge is actually an American ("The Lightning American!"). And I don't think Gentleman class trainers are as old as you think, haha.

Kanto would be destroyed if it came to Legendaries... they only have 5 and the Bird Trio would no doubt defect to Johto because Lugia Mew and Mewtwo can't compeate with the others Hoen has pokemon who can bring ruin by either causing massive flooding or a devistating drought (Kyogre and Groudon) a pokemo who can stop all weather (Rayquaza)...

Sinnoh definitly has the advantage they're central Trio can recreate the damn Universe and they're other Trio can make you a statue loose your memory or your emotions! and not to me ntion the POKE-GOD and a Pokemon who csn trap you in horrible nightmares for all time.

Unova's legends have unlimited destructive power and already destroyed Unova in the past imagine if they got into another war

If you had to compare an era in our military history to the era in which the last war took place in the Pokemon World it have to be atleast WWII or above. Kanto also seems to have fielded a much larger conventional force as opposed to Pokemon. This could be due to its lack of Apricorn trees and thus it did not have as much capturing devices to help store and train Pokemon like other regions.

Alot of TR's mechs could actually be leftover vehicle hulls from the war and modified to capture Pokemon aswell as given armour and instrument upgrades. Since the TRio's skills were questionable at best they had to use these repurposed machines while higher ranking members got the new and improved equipment.

Because:

Not considering that the Gentlemen might have been conscripted into the army at a much older age? If it was such a major war, and they're allowed to use Pokemon, I doubt they'd turn away if they're a good trainer and just happen to be in their late forties early fifties.

And let's not forget that these sprites are stereotyped depictions of their character. There's no guarantee that this particular person is as old as you make it.

Surge also seems like he settled there after the war, so if they had a WWII like ours, I doubt Surge would have lived in the country that his side bombed

I really don't think its comparable to any human wars
Kanto would be destroyed if it came to Legendaries... they only have 5 and the Bird Trio would no doubt defect to Johto because Lugia Mew and Mewtwo can't compeate with the others Hoen has pokemon who can bring ruin by either causing massive flooding or a devistating drought (Kyogre and Groudon) a pokemo who can stop all weather (Rayquaza)...

Sinnoh definitly has the advantage they're central Trio can recreate the damn Universe and they're other Trio can make you a statue loose your memory or your emotions! and not to me ntion the POKE-GOD and a Pokemon who csn trap you in horrible nightmares for all time.

Unova's legends have unlimited destructive power and already destroyed Unova in the past imagine if they got into another war
Who says legendary Pokemon would give a shit about a human war? Ho-Oh and Lugia flew away from their place of worship in Ecruteak because of violence, Ho-Oh in particular never landing until it found a pure hearted human. Lugia goes around helping people lost at sea.

Mew doesn't even live in Kanto in-universe (much like how Deoxys isn't in Hoenn) despite its dex entry, Mewtwo doesn't really seem like he'd side with any humans. Though I can see Mewtwo having been created as a weapon in war, why would someone create the world's strongest Pokemon? For battle, or war. Mew was obviously too kind hearted, and it would explain why someone like Mr. Fuji would go along with it, being pressured by higher ups.

The Hoenn legendaries care about their own shit, they certainly didn't listen to the guys who held their orbs. The only ones I can remotely serve humans are the ones documented having served humans--the Regis. Even they're not that big a threat compared to normal Pokemon

The Sinnoh legends are away in their own dimension and most certainly didn't obey Cyrus just because they were called, Darkrai hid itself to protect people.

Reshiram and Zekrom only followed humans deemed worthy of their power. The PC's own legendary didn't even consider him/her worthy up until the very end. There's a reason that Ghetsis needed N rather than trying to force the legendary under his control--because it won't listen to him.

I mean seriously, you really think the equivalent of gods on Earth give a shit what humans do? The only ones reported to have actively given a shit were the Muskedeers, and that was to fight humans.

I really don't see why people think they used Pokemon in a straight-forward fight. If anything, I'd follow more on what Lt. Surge did, and they used their Pokemon to augment their technology. Perhaps they still had tanks, but rather than having a cannon, they used Pokemon to attack (think the Fire-bender tanks in Avatar)

Last edited:
Who says legendary Pokemon would give a shit about a human war? Ho-Oh and Lugia flew away from their place of worship in Ecruteak because of violence, Ho-Oh in particular never landing until it found a pure hearted human. Lugia goes around helping people lost at sea.

Mew doesn't even live in Kanto in-universe (much like how Deoxys isn't in Hoenn) despite its dex entry, Mewtwo doesn't really seem like he'd side with any humans. Though I can see Mewtwo having been created as a weapon in war, why would someone create the world's strongest Pokemon? For battle, or war. Mew was obviously too kind hearted, and it would explain why someone like Mr. Fuji would go along with it, being pressured by higher ups.

The Hoenn legendaries care about their own shit, they certainly didn't listen to the guys who held their orbs. The only ones I can remotely serve humans are the ones documented having served humans--the Regis. Even they're not that big a threat compared to normal Pokemon

The Sinnoh legends are away in their own dimension and most certainly didn't obey Cyrus just because they were called, Darkrai hid itself to protect people.

Reshiram and Zekrom only followed humans deemed worthy of their power. The PC's own legendary didn't even consider him/her worthy up until the very end. There's a reason that Ghetsis needed N rather than trying to force the legendary under his control--because it won't listen to him.

I mean seriously, you really think the equivalent of gods on Earth give a shit what humans do? The only ones reported to have actively given a shit were the Muskedeers, and that was to fight humans.

I really don't see why people think they used Pokemon in a straight-forward fight. If anything, I'd follow more on what Lt. Surge did, and they used their Pokemon to augment their technology. Perhaps they still had tanks, but rather than having a cannon, they used Pokemon to attack (think the Fire-bender tanks in Avatar)

Yeah but it would be bad if the Legendaries got into a big free-for-all though... They're ridicuasly powerful creaters. But if the Legends did somehow get involved (maybe someone caught them or something) Kanto would get recked and Mew doesn't give a shit about humans... wasn't the one in the Lucario movie all to willing for the tree of life to eat Ash?

Mewtwo would be Kanto's only defense if legends did get involved and as strong as he is I doubt he can take all the other uber Legends... But yeah Pokemon war would be like the way Surge described it... but yeah the world would probly end (massive flooding/drought reality reseting itself entire regions being razed by fire and lightning and that's just a few of the legends... it would be armmgedon of they did get involved and Kanto would be the first to go...

It's like being afraid the moon's going to crash. You're being afraid over nothing. Most legendaries wouldn't give a shit about human squabbles. Black and White made it plainly obvious that even normal Pokemon can be autonomous despite being inside Pokeballs. Legendaries would hardly care. No one who has ever woken up a legendary in-game managed to control them. They found their own masters, and none of them were exactly the warring type.

Can you tell me why any of these legendaries would involve themselves in a human war, and take sides with human armies? The only legendaries known to involve themselves in wars was the Muskadeers, and that was to fight humans, and the two legendary dragons of Unova, and even then, they only followed who they viewed was worthy. When the twin heroes' sons began to fight again, you know what they did? They did not take sides, they destroyed the entire region before lying dormant to stop the fighting.

You really think any of them would be controlled? The closest thing to being controlled is Genesect. Even Mewtwo didn't care about its creators.

Last edited:
VG Cats to the rescue... sort of. (this comic isn't NSFW but a lot of the rest of the site is, so be careful) With Great Power

Team Rocket's use of Voltorb is actually quite a scary idea...

It's like being afraid the moon's going to crash. You're being afraid over nothing. Most legendaries wouldn't give a shit about human squabbles. Black and White made it plainly obvious that even normal Pokemon can be autonomous despite being inside Pokeballs. Legendaries would hardly care. No one who has ever woken up a legendary in-game managed to control them. They found their own masters, and none of them were exactly the warring type.

Can you tell me why any of these legendaries would involve themselves in a human war, and take sides with human armies? The only legendaries known to involve themselves in wars was the Muskadeers, and that was to fight humans, and the two legendary dragons of Unova, and even then, they only followed who they viewed was worthy. When the twin heroes' sons began to fight again, you know what they did? They did not take sides, they destroyed the entire region before lying dormant to stop the fighting.

You really think any of them would be controlled? The closest thing to being controlled is Genesect. Even Mewtwo didn't care about its creators.

I think Articwolf simply meant to state that IF the legendaries were to be involved the shit would hit the fan much like how the dragons of Unova obliterated everything.

I agree with you that the legendaries dont concern themselves with the goings on of people but they do consider themselves protectors of Pokemon. If humans during the war were on the verge of wiping out swaths of Pokemon and their homes I can see atleast some of the legendaries coming to aid the Pokemon and fighting against the humans. At the same time some legendaries do feel a urge to protect humans such as Mew and would come to their aid.

Humans fight wars for political or economic gaines, Pokemon only fight if their survival depends on it and since their semi-sentient beings they are fully capable of making such decisions on their own. Infact the war may have been started as a result of greedy leaders wanting some of the legendaries power for themselves.

I think Articwolf simply meant to state that IF the legendaries were to be involved the shit would hit the fan much like how the dragons of Unova obliterated everything.
And I'm saying "why dwell on the impossibility"? Shit would hit the fan if an asteroid hit your enemy, but I doubt any army would count on an asteroid to save them.

And I'm saying "why dwell on the impossibility"? Shit would hit the fan if an asteroid hit your enemy, but I doubt any army would count on an asteroid to save them.

"For the love of Arceus where the hell is that asteroid!

Sir, the enemy has broken through our lines.

"Crap"

The movie where Zoroark's child was being held captive and she was forced to help the villian (sorry I havent seen it in awhile and forgot his name) was very interesting to see. I agree with you that a legendary choosing to fight for your side is near impossible but I can see humans forcing some to help so its not improbable.

Then they escape and you'd be hoping for some asteriod to get you before they do. :)

Also I really liked your Avatar fire nation tank comparison. That makes sense as it allows armies to use more easily trained and smaller Pokemon like Charmnder who can still produce a large flame rather than having a flying dinosaur that could decide to go AWOL

So all in all, Legendaries wouldn't help people, and it would all come down to who has the strongest pokemon.

Let's say legendaries don't pay any sort of attention to whatever people do, and the rest of the pokes are equally distributed among regions - types and all.

It's going to be a large scale pokemon battle : whichever side has the most supplys of max revives wins in the end.

Let's say one nation DID get one legendary to fight on their side, how many 'average' Pokemon would it take to match the power of that one legendary in an army?

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom