• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon World War

Since the pokemon anime has humans in it it would be a fair assumption they would have war.

Pokemon and humans would probably work together though pokemon would do more of a supportive role like evacuating hurt humans or burning the forest where the enemy is hiding than actual killing most often I imagine and war would probably be mainly fought with humans like it is now and their probably is pokemon versions of tanks and stealth bombers.

Let's say one nation DID get one legendary to fight on their side, how many 'average' Pokemon would it take to match the power of that one legendary in an army?

It depend on what Pokemon are being used, their level of training, tactics, and suppport teams. Whatever the case I'm confident that armies would have specialized quick reaction units to deal with any known legendary that may appear on the field. If legendaries were to be used the easiest to attain would likley be the bird trio, beast trio, and the Regi's.

I've noticed while reading through the History of the Pokemon World article on the BP very few references to war are made. The soonest is perhaps when the unknown invaders came to capture Ho-oH. If that incident was the War which changed the world so much there is no way Surge could have participated as it happened 150 years before Gen1.

Which means either the War took place much sooner in history or Surge may have been involved in a different conflict altogether. Perhaps a small-scale war against a rouge group or small nation such as the Mirage Kingdom.

While I do realize its a kids show I hope we see atleast a few more references to warfare as it would help support a better foundation for theories to be based on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pokemon world History, Wars and their relation to real world events

ok hopefully this is in the rite place but if it isn't feel free to tell me and I'll move it.
Here's my question; is history basically the same with relation to the real world events and the pokemon world, for example Lt. Surge is an american veteran of a war, could that war have been the 1st or 2nd world war, or maybe even vietnam which considering his age seems more plausible?
Any ways whats your take on this topic?

Last edited:
Re: Pokemon world History, Wars and their relation to real world events

I could see wars being loosely based off of real wars, similar to the way the regions are loosely based on areas in real life. However, the war itself would be vastly different - imagine fighting as a normal soldier against Charizard and Alakazam.

wars probably have a vague impact on the pokeworld but not too similar

I could see wars being loosely based off of real wars, similar to the way the regions are loosely based on areas in real life. However, the war itself would be vastly different - imagine fighting as a normal soldier against Charizard and Alakazam.
I know right? I've always imagined that the best weapons would be pidgeys flying over buildings with pokeballs containing wailords and releasing them crushing the people under them.

I think warfare would play exactly like it does in real life but with certain pokemon in specailist jobs. If Marchokes are intelligent then they would make very good shock troops essetianlly heavy infantry with slightly heavier armour and weapons than the human troops. Physic types would be limited to protect command HQ from shelling attacks as they would be toop vunerable in the actall battlefield. Animal pokemon like Raichus can be use to sniff out IED and land mines. Other than those jobs pokemon would be obsolete as humans develop technology that can easily counter pokemon (thats why you dont see flying types on a modern battlefield). Of course some of these new modern technology are the machine pokemon like voltorb and Magenmite. The magamite and their advance variants we see in the games are the civillian models, the military versions would not only more powerful and better protected but they can fit weaponas like machine guns and missiles. They are esteinally intelligent UCAV

After reading this thread, I seriously remembered the canines from Call of Duty5: World at War !!!

This idea does come from Cornova's Poké Wars but war in the Pokémon World was shown as being similar to the real world but with slightly higher tech.

Case in point: powered armor (probably ripped from Halo's MJOLNIR battle armor) that provides full environmental augments the wearer's strength to the point they can fight a Beartic.

Obviously, that would probably be beneficial given the ease at which poison gasses and hostile environments could be created by the pokémon.

in the original anime, in the episode with the giant tentacruel, the mayor had a tank. was that just for show?

I think that Pokemon Wars would be like....
People still have guns, tanks, etc.
And Pokemon would be re-enforcements.

Naval Warfare in the Pokemon world

What do think it is like and would you be interested in seeing it if so what media? I think it would pretty cool to see flying Ninjasks and other flying types for scouts Special attack users for range. I think it make a pretty interesting ova. I mean the first four region are all Islands so it could be something. Any thoughts

Re: Naval Warfare in the Pokemon world

Well, trained Sharpedo would be very helpful in taking down enemy fleets while underwater Kingdra would trap them with Whirlpools. If that fails, just blow them up with Electrode fired out of cannons, or send your Gyarados on them. Milotic would likely play the part of the peacemaker who nobody listens to... Using Starmie's speed and Camoflage, they could be used to sneak abord enemy ships and spy/attack, Stunfisk could be used in the same way.

The Pokémon wars might be a bit like Pokémon Conquest (well, they are warlords), except a bit more modern with guns and nuclear weapons.

P.S. I don't have the game, so correct me if I'm wrong about this stuff.
P.P.S. I don't like war, don't kill all the innocent people and Pokémon! :bawl:

I assume people would have weapons( guns, tanks, bombs, etc) but yes,Pokemon would be useful. Electric Pokemon to paralyze enemies, psychic Pokemon to control people using psychic powers, fire Pokemon to burn things, etc. Pokemon would be very convenient to people in wars, war involves death so yes, I can see Pokemon being killed and killing other Pokemon/people.

As for legendaries, why would they care? What is in it for them to get involved in a human war? They probably wouldn't care unless threatened, only then would I see them attacking and defending themselves.

I actually think they wouldn't have weapons cause why would they develop them. Like how western societies had no need to create swords as good as the katana because there were strong metals in Europe. Why the fuck would anyone spend time developing new weapons when UNEVOLVED pokemon can shake giant airships with their attacks (as seen in movie 11) Also Team Aqua, Magma, Galactic and Plasma are terrorist groups why would armies have access to them and terrorist not use them. No gun control is that could. If the pokemon world has modern weapons worth the army's then why fuck wouldn't team plasma use them with their principles? Not to mention A ten year old's pokemon has taken down giant robots which are decades more advanced than us why bother with rifles of all things

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom