• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon X and Y anime Opening and Ending

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
From Dogasu.

The opening theme to the Pocket Monsters XY series is V (Volt) (V (ボルト)) by Yuusuke.

The ending theme will be "X Strait Y Scenery" (X海峡Y景色) by J☆Dee’Z.

Last edited:
So the opening's called "V (Volt)" and is sung by Yusuke, and the ending is called "X Strait, Y Scenery" and is sung by J☆Dee'Z (wtf is that name). Apparently the ending is somewhat like a Pokemon Ieru Ka Na song, with wordplay involving the names of Pokemon.

Another Daisuke Song count me in. The Ending is another Girl Group song? I hope JDeeZ will be featured in NHK World's J-Melo, since I never heard of them.

Judging from what I heard in the trailer, the song seems great.

Sigh... I hope that this doesn't mean that from now on, every opening and ending song will be sung by guest stars, with songs that have little to do with the series itself. I missed it when they threw in Pokémon moves or game term references in the openings, rather than talking about a summertime love like Summerly Slope. I don't like the idea, but the song itself sounds somewhat good. I wish I knew what are they singing, though, and I hope it has any kind of relation to Pokémon.

Sigh... I hope that this doesn't mean that from now on, every opening and ending song will be sung by guest stars, with songs that have little to do with the series itself. I missed it when they threw in Pokémon moves or game term references in the openings, rather than talking about a summertime love like Summerly Slope. I don't like the idea, but the song itself sounds somewhat good. I wish I knew what are they singing, though, and I hope it has any kind of relation to Pokémon.
We know the ending song will be about XY. :p

Can we stop with the girl band endings already?
Well, we all know they suck, but they're immensely popular in Japan, so it's probably for the best... It makes me sad that we're probably never getting another Smile or Glory Day, though :(

I wouldn't mind another Kokoro no Fanfare though ;_; That ending was really good, too!

I would love the ending to be more poke-sweet same as the style of kaze no message, ashita wa kitto, la la la to your heart, fanfare of the heart and nana niji no arch.

I hope it is as good as the AG and DP openings (song-wise), but I doubt it will be for some reason.

Am I the only one who dislikes Daisuke's voice? Sounds like one of those bad Naruto/Bleach opening singers to me.
I'm all for male singers, heck I LOVE the two themes by Garden, but I was kinda hoping Daisuke would be done after DA! for variation sake if we're getting guest stars.

I would love the ending to be more poke-sweet same as the style of kaze no message, ashita wa kitto, la la la to your heart, fanfare of the heart and nana niji no arch.

I found ashita wa kitto very embarrassing but I agree with the rest.

My favorite ending ever is Soko ni Sora ga Aru Kara, regardless of how out of place it sounds compared to most.

Am I the only one who dislikes Daisuke's voice? Sounds like one of those bad Naruto/Bleach opening singers to me.
I'm all for male singers, heck I LOVE the two themes by Garden, but I was kinda hoping Daisuke would be done after DA! for variation sake if we're getting guest stars.
The song for the opening is sung by Kamiji Yūsuke, not Daisuke.

I found ashita wa kitto very embarrassing but I agree with the rest.

My favorite ending ever is Soko ni Sora ga Aru Kara, regardless of how out of place it sounds compared to most.
Why? There was a time in which I was helplessly addicted to ashita wa kitto. Something about the innocence of the voice captivated me lol :)
Oh, I love this ending too.

The opening is colorful, I can tell ya that.

At least it's not in CGI.

tumblr_mtjw57uC3P1r8sc3ro1_1280.jpg

Can we stop with the girl band endings already?
Well, we all know they suck, but they're immensely popular in Japan, so it's probably for the best... It makes me sad that we're probably never getting another Smile or Glory Day, though :(

Glory day is my favorate. I hope that the ending after the Jdeez one is just like this.

By another Sony Music Japan artist? Well, yipee... wait until a boy band gets it around XY040...

Hopefully we get some spoilers. Even though I loved the BW first opening(why the hell they never updated it I'll never know), I do like to see some scenes from the anime(although hopefully not like the BS that was the episode N opening).

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom