• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon X and Y anime Opening and Ending

I really love the new OP! The visuals are great, the song is catchy and it's just really cute <3

The opening is cool. Kinda arranging the way for "Advance Adventure" Like it. The part when Clemont gets shocked, really makes me laugh.

I thought that the opening was pretty cool. The song started out okay, but got a much better beat after the first minute or so. The visuals are great and I really liked seeing everyone putting their hands on Ash out of support. That seemed like a nice way to show their friendship. I'm also glad to see that they are splitting up the starters instead of Ash getting all three of them. Although I am surprised that Ash may not get Chespin since he always gets the Grass starter, but I'm fine with it, especially if Froakie gets to evolve. Seeing Lucario Mega Evolve was also really awesome.

he is singing all the pokemon types. i think its pretty nice, since we have a new one this gen.

ive watched this opening about 20 times now and i cant get enough of it. so well animated, so nice to look at, funny and touching and just makes me want this anime to start right now. probably why they showed it now i think of it...

Ok, it is time for a proper post about this opening.

First of all, I like how cute Pikachue is! And the fact that he broke the 4th wall makes him even more cuter.
Song-wise, I think it is great, but I wish that they used some accordion for the melodies. French it up, anime-makers!!
The visuals are amazing! I like the French architecture, I'm loving the fact that they are really trying to make Kalos an anime version of France.
Serena changing hats has me worried that she might really be only about fashion. The horror if she catches a Torimian @___@ I hope that she gets Bibiyon!!!!
Lastly, I love how in the obligatory scene of Satoshi running in the field, he is serious instead of being happy. Really shows that he is up for a new challenging adventure. This is also intensified by the silhouettes of the gym leaders, which makes it seem like Satoshi is going to face a lot of troubles.

Ah pokemon, thank you for making madly excited every day!!!!!

Looks waaaaaaay better than BW. Remember that first opening?
I liked the battle between Pangoro, Honedge and Pikachu. But where is that Blaziken guy?

This was actually a pretty good opening! Possibly the best intial opening for a new series yet. Though, that's not saying much since I've never been especially fond of the first opening for each series.

The song was... alright. I liked it in the beginning, though it gradually got worse, and I especially dislike the last 30 seconds. This is something I easily can overlook though as the visuals were fantastic! Pikachu was adorable in the beginning, as the quick shots showing the different areas of Kalos were beautiful. They all were all just exuding with a French aura, loved it.

The introduction shots that came afterward were great, too. Though, something I did get a bit concerned with was how Serena was changing hats... Ugh, yeah, I know she loves fashion, but I sincerely hope that there will be something more to her than just that. I was hoping that'd we see anything regarding her possible goal of maybe becoming a Rhyhorn Rider or whatever, but the fact that we saw nothing of it made me worried. Bonnie and Clemont both still look amazing, omg. Bonnie was absolutely adorable chasing Chespin and Dedenne around, and Clemont looks like he'll be a really fun character if creates different machines and tries out various experiments during their travels. I'm really looking forward to see the both of them. Ugh, then we have Wobbuffet... I really don't see how people can be so overly excited about him, I'd be just fine without him and that goes for TR too.

Omg, the scene showing all of the gym leaders was so amazing. Definitely my favorite part of the whole opening. Backgrounds colors were amazing, and the gym leaders' silhouettes were really cool. Admittedly it felt kinda odd seeing Clemont both being among all of the gym leaders and then too showing up beside Ash as a supporting friend. Oh well. ;M

The scene with Ash battling Pangoro and Honedge was cool, though nothing especially remarkable. Funny how the writers decide to ignore Ghost-types immunity to Normal-type moves even in the opening, enough already. I can't say that I'm a fan of the new Iron Tail animation. I really liked its look in BW, now it's basically just glowing again just like back in AG and DP. Meh. Also kinda weirdish to see both Ash and Clemont having three Pokémon each while Serena only had one, pfft. xP I do love how they decided to split up the starters between all of them though! I really hope we'll see Serena evolve her Fennekin into its final form since it's so freakin' badass, though I see no reason to doubt it as long as they don't pull another Piplup scenario with it. Bleh.

Omfg, Mega Lucario looked so amazing in that one shot, wow. As of yet it feels like Mega Evolutions will get an apparent role in the anime. Not a surprise maybe, though still happy to see it. It'd be really awesome if Ash, Serena and Clemont all got one Mega Evolution each, but I'll start with wishing for Ash to at least obtain one.

Overall, I really liked the opening. The music was mehish, but the visuals were stunning. I'm really looking forward to this series~

I'm kinda mixed about this opening. The song itself was all over the place musically and it had the same awkward/banal lyrics that most Japanese openings have ("yellow flowers are blooming" wtf?). Maybe I'll warm up to after I hear it with better sound quality.

The visuals were stunning, though. Unfortunately, I don't think this type of high quality animation will last throughout the series.

I very much agree, i think it would go lower later.

I like the song and the visuals. It felt like a modern anime (the good quality animation and everything).

I love the both the visuals and audio here, although I do like the visuals more. The song is catchy, but it's not something I necessarily love.

I'm glad that Clemont has Chespin; I love how they split the starters in AG. So excited for the anime to premiere!

I love this! The song is great, but what I really cared about were the scenes and they were great. And it also looks like Iron Tail is back to its pre-BW appearance? Ok. It looks like Ash is getting Froakie, Serena is getting Fennekin, and Clemont is getting Chespin, which is EXACTLY how I hoped it would be! YES! I'm so excited for this. My excitement level is over 9000!

Last edited:
I'm happy that the opening basically confirms everyone's early teams. It's a bitter sweet moment for me when I see Clemont with Chespin not that I didn't want it with him but I'm having a bad feeling he only gets it because of Bonnie. Everything else was cool and overall I'm liking this opening a lot.

I'm happy that the opening basically confirms everyone's early teams. It's a bitter sweet moment for me when I see Clemont with Chespin not that I didn't want it with him but I'm having a bad feeling he only gets it because of Bonnie. Everything else was cool and overall I'm liking this opening a lot.

I'm more worried that Chespin will suffer with lesser screentime under Clemont like what happened with Mudkip in AG. I'm glad that they are splitting up the starters though and I do hope that not all of his captures have to do with Bonnie.

I like the character design.
attachment.php

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2013-10-11-03h47m49s237.png
    vlcsnap-2013-10-11-03h47m49s237.png
    852.3 KB · Views: 17,477
I actually watched the xy opening with best wishes da song playing, it made the op much better

ohh well :/

I'm more worried that Chespin will suffer with lesser screentime under Clemont like what happened with Mudkip in AG. I'm glad that they are splitting up the starters though and I do hope that not all of his captures have to do with Bonnie.

Agreed. Chespin is in a predicament, it can either turn into Mudkip 2.0 or end up being Clemont's equivalent to Ash's Oshawott. I'm personally leaning at the former.

Aww. I was hoping Fennekin was going to go with Ash. That's my favorite starter. Anyway, I hope Ash gets a cute fairy pokemon and a fossile in his team for once. That and a Psychic and steel type will do.

It also seems like since Chespin will be with Clemont that Ash doesn't have to carry to grass starter for once. That's good so that it can make room for other types.

I'm not a fan of the song itself, I prefer the one that came right before it, Summerly Slope. But the visuals are amazing and really get me excited for the new season, I can't wait for it to be begin. I'm also glad to see Ash not getting Chespin, now maybe he can get one of the ghosts as his grass type, that would be interesting. Oh yeah, and looking real cute there at the beginning Pikachu, nice.

I quite like the song and especially the animation scenes for it. This and the preview certainly have me more pumped than ever for the series.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom