• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon X and Y anime Opening and Ending

Well i can see Ash getting Skiddo as his grass type pokemon and Litleo as his fire type pokemon.

This opening song is okay but not all that great, the last opening was way more better then this one.

I've typed the Japanese lyrics for the song. I believe the title is "片頭曲" but I'm not sure. I translated the few easy parts because ain't nobody got time for that. And yes, the singer does say the type names at the beginning. I believe another opening song did this?

ドラゴン ゴースト じめん ひこう (Dragon, Ghost, Ground, Flying)
どく むし みず でんき いわ くさ あく (Poison, Water, Electric, Rock, Grass, Dark)
こおり ノーマル ほのう かくとう (Ice, Normal, Fire, Fighting)
はがね エスパー フェアリー (Steel, Psychic, Fairy)
さぁ ここからが冒険だ 光の先の果てまで (Yes, From here on out its an adventure and there's a light at the end)
空からこぼれた 涙の雨かき分けて
さぁ 勇気出して行こうか 昨日の僕に勝つため
どんな出会いも宝だ
ドキ ドキ ドキ チャレンジャー (Heart is racing, challenger!)
いつか必ず 叶える夢がある
君が教えてくれたのさ そう だきらこう旅に出る
赤い絆の輪が デカく広がったら
確かな事 元気もすぐ みんなに届くのさ
青い僕らの星の希望は輝いて
黄色い花がさく (Our yellow flower will bloom)
ドラゴン ゴースト じめん ひこう (Dragon, Ghost, Ground, Flying)
どく むし みず でんき いわ くさ あく (Poison, Water, Electric, Rock, Grass, Dark)
こおり ノーマル ほのう かくとう (Ice, Normal, Fire, Fighting)
はがね エスパー フェアリー (Steel, Psychic, Fairy)

Last edited:
My thoughts:

- Well, this should be a crowded, busy saga (which could go either way)...
- Looks like Starters all around :) (though whether everyone's Pokémon gets good roles is a different matter)
- Oh great, the TRio IS going back to comic relief :dead:
- Badass shadowy gym leaders!
- *sniff, sniff* I smell rivals
- Ash-tachi's early Pokes
- Hi Lucario! Showing off your new Mega trick? (Please don't be Kotty's)
- The obligatory Legendaries cameo
- VOGUE, VOGUE, Vogue, vogue...

It put a smile on my face seeing that Ash wouldn't get Chespin or Fennekin. At this point his water types need to step up and make up for the years of neglect and years of playing fodder in the battle department.

Someone was able to record the ending song from the NicoNico broadcast... Here:
[video=youtube;gBLGfEms_2k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBLGfEms_2k[/video]

Wow, this ending is extremely lazy, both in music and animation. The only thing that intrigued me was the text scrolling in front of Pikachu.

I hate the new ending! I guess they were finishing the XY special and had no time to put effort in the ending, it's disturbing. Now we'll just have to live with it for 13-20 more episodes (that's how long it takes them to get a new ending). They did better than that (before that one). I hope a variant 2 comes out where they completely change the animation showing the humans with their pokemon (like Kokoro no Fanfare). I hope the next ending is fanservice, like getting a summer ending like "Look Look Here" and "Full of Summer" when the characters are in their swimsuits enjoying the beach (I'd love to see Clemont and Bonnie get their own ending like how Brock did in "Takeshi's Paradise", I think it would be hilarious, with Bonnie bringing girls to Clemont and Clemont doing science). I guess they'll get rid of that ending sooner, I think the japanese will not like it. Seriously, I think the ending might stay for five episodes because of how bad it is.

Wow, that ending is awful. Pocket Monsters needs to stop with the girl-band endings and do something else. It hasn't had anything good since "The Seven-colored Arch."

man the ending was just so... if you could take most of Ash's fails and make them into an ending that would still be ten times better than this current ending

The opening is awesome. As for the ending...

I like the song, especially the parts where they do the character alliteration in some of the lyrics (Pi, Ke, and Nya in the red for example). The sound was pretty low quality in that video, so it might sound much better when someone nabs it from the TV.

But jesus that animation is terribly lazy. Ash and Serena's stuff being next to each other and Pikachu having the scrolling NiconicoVideo-like sentences over him was the only bits that I liked. Let the next ending have a focus on more Pokemon, ok? Ok.

well i do love the opening at least. i went over the hyper fast list of types multiple times until i could sing along. in the process its become one of my favourite openings!

The ending sucks, sorry to be blunt, I like the song (all thought it's typical j-pop girl band end), but really hate the animation. I was expecting something better and more IDK more decent. The opening was good.

The opening sounds like one for Naruto.

I did like the ending. I didn't get to hear the actual theme, since the video I watched blocked the audio for copyright infringement, but I liked how they alluded to Pokemon-amie.

The opening was pretty awesome, especially the animation. Only thing I did not like was that singer was being auto tuned like crazy. The ending, on the other hand, was rather boring. And yeah, I would really like to see an end to those girl group endings.

I'd like the opening song more if Yuusuke hadn't been auto-tuned to hell and back.
Well, I'm afraid the result would've been worse if they hadn't autotuned him. Have you watched him singing the full version live? He kinda sucks... (Not to mention he mixed up the order of "dangerous" and "challenger", so he just sang "dangerous" twice XD)

EDIT: Just watched that whole video, and Rica's live singing is so awesome. I hope she'll sing the next opening. And Yuuki Kaji apparently knows the lyrics to Mezase Pokemon Master XD

EDIT II: Because I have nothing else to do, and I need Japanese practice anyway, I tried figuring out the lyrics for the second part of the song, this is what I have so far (there are probably a couple of mistakes):
さあこの先も冒険だ暗闇の中さえも
流れ星とように??? (for the life of me, I can't understand what the fuck he's saying there)

さぁやる気出して行こうか
昨日の僕に勝つ為
道の途中で歩かず
ドキドキドキデンジャラス

いつか必ず誇れる僕になる
君が教えてくれたのさ そう だからこそたち向かう

でかい 夢の力胸に詰め込んだら
確かな事誰かがすぐ 君の名を呼ぶのさ

緑の森の木々の風に笑ったら
黄色花開く (is this correct? shouldn't there be a "ga" in there?)

いつか必ず叶える夢がある
昨日の僕が叫ぶのさ そう だからこそ旅に出る

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom