• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon X and Y anime Opening and Ending

Watched the ending (without any sound because Youtube went and muted it). It's... strange. I get the feeling it's not meant to be around for very long, though.

Sorry for contributing late.

I'd agree that the Opening track is somewhat messy, but ultimately I'd say it's issues are in juggling Orchestral, Rock, AND Electropop(sorry if that's a misnomer) elements. The orchestral elements really muddy what'd otherwise be a very intricate track. The bass alone more-or-less keeps it energized, even as the instrumental is stripped of it's rock/orchestral elements throughout the verse. The auto-tune doesn't bother me, at all--to me, it sounds more like an effect, than it does a crutch, though it can muddy the track. It's just a little too ambitious, that's the problem.

It's still one of my favorite openings, regardless. But, hey--maybe I'm just gushing over it's arpeggiated bass, and charmed by it's adorb synth phrases, reminiscent of some TB-303. Or something.

The opening was awesome! I wouldn't say it's the best, but it's up there :)
The song is surprisingly catchy too! Even though I have no idea what the singer is saying LOL
I'm fine with the ending...don't know why people are complaining so much

The opening is growing on me considerably - when I first heard it I immediately dismissed it for being not catchy and using an idea done before (the listing of types is ripped straight from the amazing Hajimari no Uta from M08), not to mention that the singer's voice is kinda grating. But after listening to it a couple more times it's grown on me a bit and I can't help singing along to the type listings or the chorus. Not saying it's my favorite opening - still far from it - but it's bearable. I'm just annoyed that if patterns are anything to go by, we'll be stuck with it for 70-80 episodes.

As for the ending, the less said the better. The song itself isn't terrible (just terribly generic) but the animation is extremely disappointing.

I'd like the opening song more if Yuusuke hadn't been auto-tuned to hell and back.
Here's the full song, live version.

Auto-tuned sounds much, MUCH better, so I can understand why he was auto-tuned.

WTF, if the computer is the only part of his voice that sounds good, then why is he even a singer?

wow that was terrible
omg
sir can't you hear yourself go out of tune?

The men who do pokemon openings need to step it up; I haven't heard a good one sung by a man since AG :l My one complaint with this song was originally the extreme autotune, but uh, it's even worse live holy crap.

yuki kaji should cover it and actually sing it properly :3c
that being said i want to see him and rica do an updated mezase pokemon master O:

[video=youtube;LfmpdLV6QFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfmpdLV6QFU[/video]

At first I didn't really like the Opening and Ending music when I first listened to them in the episode. After watching the first 3 episodes again, I'm starting to like what they sound like, especially the opening with how catchy the beat is to the animation.

that being said i want to see him and rica do an updated mezase pokemon master O:

you have no idea how much i've been listening to that daily. now i will go to sleep dreaming of him singing one of the openings or endings...

RE: why singers are singers even if they are no good; it's common in japan. the real talent are the people composing the songs and then editing and mastering them. my husband works in the anime music industry and i've watched him sit in the studio at his computer "fixing" the terrible vocals he is given to work with. those singers are usually just a pretty face or personality to go with the music... when we do find one who sings without autotune or lip sync and nails it, it's beautiful, man.

TLDR; japanese music industry is about visual appeal, not raw talent

Well, Rica's a pretty good singer, her live rendition of Mezase Pokemon Master only made Yuusuke look even shittier hahahahaha. Oh, gosh, Yuki Kaji singing an opening would be so awesome! I loved how he was singing along with Rica while Yuusuke was just like "uh... dafuq is this?".

The ending theme in tonight's episode used what I'm assuming is the second half of the song's lyrics.

The pokemon featured were Dedenne, Fokko, and...Bakeccha? That seems pretty random.

I'd like the opening song more if Yuusuke hadn't been auto-tuned to hell and back.

WTF, if the computer is the only part of his voice that sounds good, then why is he even a singer?

Man, that guy cannot sing live, that was painful. -_- The autotuned version is a lot better.

I hope rica is gonna do the next opening. :(

Man, that guy cannot sing live, that was painful. -_- The autotuned version is a lot better.

Link is gone btw.

Agreed - I saw a footage of him singing the full Volt song live at some event (probably the same one), and I was so disappointed with the mistakes he made with the lyrics AND how his voice was unstable.
Another thing that disappointed me was how he was just...standing there all the time with his face down while singing. His performance was pretty dreary. When Rica Matsumoto sang live - no matter where, no matter what song - she's very cheery and active. She sings well of course, but I also think highly of how her performance is enjoyable by watching her dance to Mezase Pokemon Master and such.
Volt is a good song, but they sort of chose the wrong singer for it ;_;

wow that was terrible
omg
sir can't you hear yourself go out of tune?

The men who do pokemon openings need to step it up; I haven't heard a good one sung by a man since AG :l My one complaint with this song was originally the extreme autotune, but uh, it's even worse live holy crap.

[video=youtube;LfmpdLV6QFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfmpdLV6QFU[/video]

OMG why did I never see this.

Gotta admit the good singers are also good seiyuus - and good seiyuus are also good singers. Yup.

Last edited:

Link is gone btw.

Agreed - I saw the footage of him singing the full Volt song live at some event, and I was so disappointed with the mistakes he made with the lyrics AND how his voice was unstable.

I was able to see it before it went away some weeks ago, and heard that bad singing.

It really was unstable, He's prob the only non-rica theme song singer that i'm not a fan of. I wonder what other anime theme songs he has done or if pokemon was his first.

I was able to see it before it went away some weeks ago, and heard that bad singing.

It really was unstable, He's prob the only non-rica theme song singer that i'm not a fan of. I wonder what other anime theme songs he has done or if pokemon was his first.

I bet a Rica-version of Volt would sound a million times better.

Contrary to popular opinion, I do actually quite like Volt as a song (I could take or leave Yuusuke, preferably leave), but the ending is just abhorrent! Does anyone else live in the hope that such speedy cycling through verses means that it'll be ditched in the near future? :p

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom