• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon X and Y Anime rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velvet

Reaction score
First off I want to apologize incase that there is a thread and if this can be moved there. Secondly, I found this particular rumor on Pokejungle; right now it's all speculation.

* The series is called “Pocket Monsters XtraordinarY” [ポケットモンスターイックストロードンリー], and the title is written out in English like that under the katakana, with the X and Y resembling the X and Y logos.
* The promotional poster for it that’s currently at OLM displays Ash, a young girl, and two guys playing with Pikachu and the Gen VI Starters in a field with a giant tree looming in the background, with Xerneas and Yveltal seen in the distance on the ground and in the air respectively.
* Ash’s new outfit resembles the Gen VI boy’s, except he’s got on a red leather jacket, and his hat is black with red trimmings, and a white Pokeball. He’s still got the BW eyes. He’s got Fennekin on his other shoulder, with Pikachu on the other, so it appears to be his. One of the character sheets shows him with Scraggy too.
* According to a character sheet the girl’s name is (マージ), which is written in romanji as “Margy”. She’s the female lead, but apparently lacks Pokemon as there’s no artwork of her with a Pokemon or holding a Pokeball. She’s got long blond hair, a red jacket, and a white sun-dress.
* One of the male characters is named on the character sheet as (リート), written as Reed. He looks like a jazz musician, with a black fedora, vest, tie, etc. outfit with light purple highlights, and he’s got dark purple hair that spikes up around the rim of the fedora. He’s shown playing a harmonica on the poster, and Froakie is sitting next to him, so it seems they’re distributing the Starters again. Most of his model art shows him looking angry all the time.
* The other male character is named (エイジ), Eiji. He’s got brownish blonde hair which partially covers one of his eyes, and he wears a little orange helmet-thing, and a greenish tank-top and cargo shorts. On the poster he’s doing a little break-dance move alongside Chespin, and the model sheet shows that he’s got in-line-skates built in to his shoes and is very athletic.
* One other character not seen on the poster, but appearing on a model sheet, is a guy named (シンヤ), Shinya. He’s got super-slicked back hair, and is wearing a police uniform and one picture shows him with Plusle and Minun sitting on both shoulders. He seems to also be Ash’s new Rival.
* There are three new Pokemon he’s seen on model sheets. First is Dondonya (ドンドニャ), a fat, bipedal striped cat with a large stomach. It has a long tail which it uses to hit its stomach like a drum-stick it seems as shown by the model art, and it’s Reed’s Pokemon. Second is Bibibatta (ビビバッタ), a small, grasshopper with a springy-coil abdomen and springy antennas, which it can bounce on its bottom or bounce on its head in the art. It’s Eiji’s Pokemon. Finally there’s Kasepio (カセピオ), which looks like a weird armored scorpion creature with manacle claws, and tail. It can extend its tail with chains as the art shows. It belongs to Shinya, the rival character.

Honestly, it sounds rather fishy to me. But I thought I might as well post it to hear everyone elses thoughts on it.

I've heard the katakana for "extraordinary" is wrong, apparently, but then again there's multiple ways to pronounce it...I know some people say extra-ordinary, stressing the individual words, whereas others blend them together more so. And I couldn't find a solid katakana spelling of extraordinary. And then again their could be some weird pun here like there was for Best Wishes, where the katakana didn't logically match up with the English word.

The goofy title is actually the least suspect thing, though, after the shit they pulled with Best Wishes. The most damning evidence against this is how early it's come out...they probably haven't even finished animating the N Arc yet. The leaked Best Wishes settei with Iris, Woobat, and the Starter Evos was leaked only four or so months ahead of time in comparison, but then again I don't know if promotional art and general character sheets for major characters would be worked on a bit earlier.

I like the rumor though, mainly the Pokemon.

@Quattro~Bajeena; unfortunately I don't really know much when it comes to the anime's development in coorospondence to the new game releases. Nonetheless I'm taking it with a grain of salt, though it could be as you said; mere concept-art and not yet in the finish stages. As for the Katakana...can't help you there I'm afraid, Katakana and Kanji are my major weaknesses.
@Moe; you never know. They could have decided to change color schemes, it's always possible.

I don't find this rumor appealing at all. Ash traveling with two older male companions sounds bad, as does the female lead being the only one without a Pokémon (let alone a starter).

The "lone female" following Ash does make me think of the female trainer we saw following the player in the X/Y trailer, though.

@Silktree; They could be changing it up. Like how they did the Hoenn series, let's not forget that Misty never had a starter Pokemon. That was introduced during Hoenn. They could be going back to basics, I guess.

@Silktree; They could be changing it up. Like how they did the Hoenn series, let's not forget that Misty never had a starter Pokemon. That was introduced during Hoenn. They could be going back to basics, I guess.
They went back to the basics in Best Wishes by distributing all three starters to Ash.

@Silktree; point bad choice of words. Still they could be taking a bit from Hoenn column and some from Kanto/Johto mixing them together. The new girl Margy being the Misty, having no starter Pokemon, with Reed and Eiji taking Brock's and Max's slot for example. That being said I'm still skeptical about all this in general anyway.

@Silktree; point bad choice of words. Still they could be taking a bit from Hoenn column and some from Kanto/Johto mixing them together. The new girl Margy being the Misty, having no starter Pokemon, with Reed and Eiji taking Brock's and Max's slot for example. That being said I'm still skeptical about all this in general anyway.
But the only time Brock had a starter was when the female lead, May, also had one. As per the rumor, Margy would seem to be this generation's equivalent of Max, making her the least important main character.

I am not saying that this detail invalidates the rumor, which is iffy anyway due to the timing and 4chan being the source. But it does make the rumor unappealing in my eyes.

Last edited:
I hope to God this isn't real, because I hate the idea of those pokemon. Though stylish older characters is always a good thing. I thought Paul in particular and quite a few of the other characters the anime came up with had awful character designs. They were beyond generic and went straight into the "they didn't even care" column, IMO.

The katakana spelling, as others have indicated, is completely wrong. It was obviously written by someone who doesn't fully understand how words are transliterated from English to Japanese.

The timing here is off as well. Model sheets and promotional materials for the next series won't be created until April, and even then it would take a few months for said material to reach the hands of collectors.

Edit: Also, after finding the original posting on PokeJungle:

This is early information I’ve received from an acquaintance in Japan who works at OLM, the animation company who works on the Pokemon anime series

Dead giveaway right there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom