• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon X and Y anime to begin in October: 32nd Prize Fair pamphlet reveals X and Y a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon X and Y anime to begin in October: 32nd Prize Fair pamphlet reveals X and

-The assistant of a regional prof who traveling with Ash to collect information about Kalo region's legendary Pokemon .Her Goal is to meet and learn about all Legendary Pokemon !
Unlike Previous Female cast , She will be Spoiled , Self-centered , Selfish, insensitive , inconsiderate , egoistic But she's also very intelligent & know's how to cook.
She believe herself as a ''Superior evolved being '' and almost all other people is inferior to her !
Although She has vast knowledge , She doesn't have the Wisdom to use that knowledge So it up to Ash to come up with a plan using her knowledge.
Ash was recommended by Prof Oak to travel with her but She will unapproved Ash as her traveling companion Until Ash use her knowledge to save her & regional prof So She will have no choice but to accept Ash as her traveling partner.
Later she start to develop kind & caring side because of all the adventure Ash forced her into .
She the prime ''Straight Man'' of the show like Lucy (Fairy tail)
So... kinda like an egocentric tsundere? I think we've had enough main characters accused from being self-centered and unlikable for writers to create a character explicity like that. And if you pair her with the photographer guy you will have the less popular anime main cast ever during that arch. But I get your point, that way they could showcase more characters instead of turning them into CoTD like Cheren.

In my opinion, they could have a stable main cast but with a lot of recurring characters. If they manage to create good characters with well defined personalities and story, they could handle them better and show them for more episodes instead of using the typical CoTD formula over and over. In BW they handled Bianca pretty well while Burghundy and Georgia (and Trip to a lesser extent) were just terrible. The only thing they truly did well in BW was the secondary character interactions, something that I least I like to see a lot since the world is not supposed to revolve around Ash and you could explore their relationships much better.

And about the main cast, I believe it's time to have a teenage female character. We've had Brock, Tracey and Cilan as apparently older, caretaker-like characters while Misty, May, Dawn and Iris are always around Ash's age. From my point of view, an experienced caretaker girl and a somewhat childish boy would not hurt and it would be nice for a change.

Excuse me , Every single female cast so far was kind & Caring !
I haven't seen any female cast that was self center & selfish in Pokemon .
Plus , Think about 1 thing
Misty was the less glorified & less developed female cast , So Why couldn't any other female cast create the same appeal Misty created in Kento saga without any glorification or development ?
Think about this question first !
Misty had a lot of flew .
She was hot-tempered , inpatient and usually hit Ash .
She also had a sharp tone and she often sometime say unpleasant thing on people face .
You would consider this as a ''Bad quality'' !
However , This ''Bad quality'' is what enable Misty to create the appeal no other cast girl can't create!
In Jotho , Misty start to less showing her Bad quality !
Isn't that when Pokemon start to get Boring ?
And When Misty reappear , She already get all rid her ''Bad quality''.
She was Mature , Calm , gentle .
However That Misty was totally Boring
You see , The thing you consider to be a ''Bad Quality'' , Is the very thing that make An Anime interesting !
Misty able to make the show Interesting because of all those ''Bad Quality'' she had .
That Why her character got boring when she get rid of it .
That why I want the female cast have all those Bad quality .
And I'm pairing her up him the male cast , She being hit by the male cast is actually a part of humor .
You should read this to learn what kind of Chemistry I want-
A XY series Fanfiction ! Need's Review! - Blogs - Bulbagarden Forums
You see ,
What Pokemon need is a bokke (Funny man) and tsukkomi (straight man)
Misty was great Tsukkomi (Straight Man ) and that what made her a Success .
Pokemon XY series need another awesome Tsukkomi (Straight main ) like Her or Lucy (Fairy tail)
While Ether Ash or Male Cast has to be the bokke (Funny man)
Or Both Ash & Male cast can play the role of a Bokke (Funny Man)
Here another example !
(The Male cast meet Team Rocket for that first time)
Ash : Okay , I will be taking care of them .
Male cast : Hold it big guy ! Don't think you can hog all the spotlight here ! I will be the taking care of them .
Ash : But ........
Male Cast : No but ! It time I show them my incredible power .
(He look at female cast think to himself)
Male Cast : Get ready to see my power , sweetheart
(He fantasize about Defected team rocket kneeling before him , Ash looking at him with fearful expression and the female cast is acting like a fan-girl)
Male cast : go Helioptile , use discharge
(Helioptile come out of pokeball and tried to use Discharge ! However , only a small spark of electricity come out and it disappear before reaching Team Rocket Pokemon)
Jessie : So , that all you got !
James : Alright , Get him
(Team Rocket pokemon shout and that scare Helioptile so much that she run backward to male cast and forcefully go back inside his Pokeball)
Male cast : Huh
Female Cast : You showed them alright !
(Male cast look at Team rocket with fearful serious expression)
Male Cast : Such incredible Power , Even the Elite 4, No , Even the Champion of the Champion will trample against such force ! what possibly can bring down such a powerful foe
(Pikachu join the Fight)
Ash : Pikachu , Thunderbolt !
Pikachu : Pikachuuuuuuuuu
( Thunderbolt hit team rocket pokemon and knock them out )
Male Cast : SERIOUSLY , A THUNDERBOLT , THAT WHAT IT TOOK TO BRING DOWN THAT POWERFUL FORCE !

Last edited:
Re: Pokémon X and Y anime to begin in October: 32nd Prize Fair pamphlet reveals X and

I hope this series won't be a mess unlike DP where it got out of hand with the villains and with some of the characters acting like them. I also hope for no rushed Pokémon Leagues (I don't care if Ash wins in it).

-The assistant of a regional prof who traveling with Ash to collect information about Kalo region's legendary Pokemon .Her Goal is to meet and learn about all Legendary Pokemon !
Unlike Previous Female cast , She will be Spoiled , Self-centered , Selfish, insensitive , inconsiderate , egoistic But she's also very intelligent & know's how to cook.
She believe herself as a ''Superior evolved being '' and almost all other people is inferior to her !
Although She has vast knowledge , She doesn't have the Wisdom to use that knowledge So it up to Ash to come up with a plan using her knowledge.
Ash was recommended by Prof Oak to travel with her but She will unapproved Ash as her traveling companion Until Ash use her knowledge to save her & regional prof So She will have no choice but to accept Ash as her traveling partner.
Later she start to develop kind & caring side because of all the adventure Ash forced her into .
So... kinda like an egocentric tsundere? I think we've had enough main characters accused from being self-centered and unlikable for writers to create a character explicity like that. And if you pair her with the photographer guy you will have the less popular anime main cast ever during that arch. But I get your point, that way they could showcase more characters instead of turning them into CoTD like Cheren.

In my opinion, they could have a stable main cast but with a lot of recurring characters. If they manage to create good characters with well defined personalities and story, they could handle them better and show them for more episodes instead of using the typical CoTD formula over and over. In BW they handled Bianca pretty well while Burghundy and Georgia (and Trip to a lesser extent) were just terrible. The only thing they truly did well in BW was the secondary character interactions, something that I least I like to see a lot since the world is not supposed to revolve around Ash and you could explore their relationships much better.

And about the main cast, I believe it's time to have a teenage female character. We've had Brock, Tracey and Cilan as apparently older, caretaker-like characters while Misty, May, Dawn and Iris are always around Ash's age. From my point of view, an experienced caretaker girl and a somewhat childish boy would not hurt and it would be nice for a change.

Misty was the less glorified & less developed female cast , So Why couldn't any other female cast create the same appeal Misty created in Kento saga without any glorification or development ?
She also had a sharp tone and she often sometime say unpleasant thing on people face .
However , This ''Bad quality'' is what enable Misty to create the appeal no other cast girl can't create!
You see , The thing you consider to be a ''Bad Quality'' , Is the very thing that make An Anime interesting !
Misty able to make the show Interesting because of all those ''Bad Quality'' she had .
And I'm pairing her up him the male cast , She being hit by the male cast is actually a part of humor .
You see ,
Pokemon XY series need another awesome Tsukkomi (Straight main ) like Her or Lucy (Fairy tail)
Here another example !
Male cast : Hold it big guy ! Don't think you can hog all the spotlight here ! I will be the taking care of them .
(He fantasize about Defected team rocket kneeling before him , Ash looking at him with fearful expression and the female cast is acting like a fan-girl)
(Helioptile come out of pokeball and tried to use Discharge ! However , only a small spark of electricity come out and it disappear before reaching Team Rocket Pokemon)
(Team Rocket pokemon shout and that scare Helioptile so much that she run backward to male cast and forcefully go back inside his Pokeball)
Male Cast : Such incredible Power , Even the Elite 4, No , Even the Champion of the Champion will trample against such force ! what possibly can bring down such a powerful foe
(Pikachu join the Fight)
Male Cast : SERIOUSLY , A THUNDERBOLT , THAT WHAT IT TOOK TO BRING DOWN THAT POWERFUL FORCE !

I never said I considered that "bad quality" and I never used that term. In fact, I love it and I agree with you that all females have been caring and kind. I said that they were accused of being jerks just because the way they are shown, and this accusation would be worse if they make a new character that, unlike previous ones, is indeed selfish and inconsiderate. Sure, previous characters had their moments (the ones that you think I belive they're "bad quality" while I'm not believing that), but Misty, for example, would never say "A superior evolved being like me doesn't need things like that", much less continuously. That would be fine if it only lasted a few episodes, since Iris' "you're such a child" is already being hated by many people.

You see ,
Here another example !
(Pikachu join the Fight)

I never said I considered that "bad quality" and I never used that term. In fact, I love it and I agree with you that all females have been caring and kind. I said that they were accused of being jerks just because the way they are shown, and this accusation would be worse if they make a new character that, unlike previous ones, is indeed selfish and inconsiderate. Sure, previous characters had their moments (the ones that you think I belive they're "bad quality" while I'm not believing that), but Misty, for example, would never say "A superior evolved being like me doesn't need things like that", much less continuously. That would be fine if it only lasted a few episodes, since Iris' "you're such a child" is already being hated by many people.

The problem with Iris is that ''You're Such a child'' was the only punchline she had .
Whenever we need a punchline for a funny situation , Her only response was ''You're such child'' !
Seriously , Couldn't she use any other punchline rather then using the same punchline over & over.
That why People got annoyed !
As for my ideal female Cast , "A superior evolved being'' is one of her punchline , She will also have a lot Punchline beside that.
"A superior evolved being'' Punchline is actually a reference from Sheldon Cooper (Big Bang theory)
In reality , We will all hate some body like Sheldon Cooper but in TV we love him .

Actually, I think the XY dub has a pretty good chance of getting released around October too. TPCi had already confirmed that it'll be released this year. Not to mention, America is only 13 episodes behind Japan. That's the shortest gap between the Japanese and American anime we've ever had. And by looking at the opening themes in the dub, we already know how far in advance TPCi dubs. So therfore, I think that it's pretty likely.

They've said multiple times in many different interviews that they never would and never could write out Ash and Pikachu. End of story.

Actually, I think the XY dub has a pretty good chance of getting released around October too. TPCi had already confirmed that it'll be released this year. Not to mention, America is only 13 episodes behind Japan. That's the shortest gap between the Japanese and American anime we've ever had. And by looking at the opening themes in the dub, we already know how far in advance TPCi dubs. So therfore, I think that it's pretty likely.

Sorry to say but a worldwide anime release is very unlikely. In the spoiler I have here you can see the quantity of upcoming episodes until the end of October. At the end of the month, we will have seen BW136. W already know that a BW133 is planned, and I don't see them bringing in Clair and closing off BW within 3 episodes, but i could always be wrong. And like said above, other countries are further behind than the US, but I could see it premiering this year, maybe in November. Remember though, I could always be wrong. :F

lgta248.png

Thank goodness! I friken hope that the xy anime is'nt a mess like the bw series. I also can't wait to see the new protags that will be traveling with ash! I'm sorta squeeing.

They've said multiple times in many different interviews that they never would and never could write out Ash and Pikachu. End of story.
I believe the Team Rocket trio won't be written out too.

[/QUOTE] And about the main cast, I believe it's time to have a teenage female character. We've had Brock, Tracey and Cilan as apparently older, caretaker-like characters while Misty, May, Dawn and Iris are always around Ash's age. From my point of view, an experienced caretaker girl and a somewhat childish boy would not hurt and it would be nice for a change.[/QUOTE]

Max was 8. And very childish when it came to May. But I understand what you mean. Since the Unova and Kalos protagonists have been older than the previous ones, maybe Ash could meet up and travel with Xavier/Calem AND Yvonne/Serena. We've never had two player characters travel with Ash before and having him be the runt of the group would be priceless. Plus, Xavier/Calem could be a fellow Kalos region newbie, with Yvonne/Serena being their mentor with a temper and a bit of an ego. I'm imagining a retro TRio dynamic.

I would prefer if Ash travel alone !
I mean , Look at this-

june_p5_01.jpg

june_p5_07.jpg

5 friend talking togather , Such a wonderful scene.
It make you wanna see the similar scene in Real Anime .
However , We won't going to see Scene like that.
Even if we did , it won't feel as wonderful as this scene .
How could it if Ash is followed by 2 bodyguard at the time .
That scene seem wonderful because those 5 friend travel separately and have their own separate life .
Plus , Writer need to focus on Character's role rather then their goal .
If we verify Pokemon's story , Then Ash's sidekick doesn't have any role beside accompany Ash & Supporting him.
Mainly , If Ash's rival and some referring Character who can play bigger role then Ash's sidekick.
Plus ,
If Ash travel alone then Writer can focus such more on the BOND between Ash & Pokemon .
Thats what this anime is about .
Also ,
Ash doesn't need to be all alone .
Writer can bring various referring character who join Ash in various occasion & Ark and leave afterward .
Battle Club can play a bigger role in it .
Just like how A Protagonist meet his friend's in School , Ash can be shown meeting his friend's in Battle Club !

I just hope Cilan stays because the new region is based off of France and he's a pokemon connoiseur so it fits him. Or Viola will be the first mature female to join Ash (or the new boy) besides isn't it the first gym leader? Brock and Cilan were the first gym leaders of the game. If they give Viola a younger sibling it would be very cute if she had to care for her younger sibling for her depressed parents (it would be nice). If Cilan leaves I choose Viola. Besides she's pretty she's like a full grown Bianca with Trip in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom