• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon X and Y announced: Iwata reveals plans for Gen VI in Nintendo Direct stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon X and Y announced: Iwata reveals plans for Gen VI in Nintendo Direct stre

For everyone who says that Gen V was too short, Gen 1 and Gen 2 were only three years each in Japan as well. Plus Gen 1 was almost only a year as G/S were suppose to be out back in 1997 instead of 1999. With that being said, I'm pretty excited about Pokemon X and Y.

Re: Pokémon X and Y announced: Iwata reveals plans for Gen VI in Nintendo Direct stre

Littlest Petshop Starters.

Ridiculous looking deer.

Yeah, I'm still getting both.

I was convinced to buy this as soon as I saw what the new battles looked like. I better hurry up and finish B2W2...

The question i am wondering is what the new region's name is going to be. The new charicters look legit but i think they made it for 3DS for a reason because of how 3D they tried to make them. so the 3D setting will work efficiantly for the 3DS. After making Pokemon Black 2 & Pokemon White 2 for 3DS in 3D, they wanted to test the entire game in 3D.
Best of luck with the new Game Play and new Pokemon to explore.

I didn't really think Gen V went by too fast, since even with new characters and settings B/W 2 felt more like B/W 1.5 than a true sequel anyway. For me, finishing B/W was finishing Gen V and the sequels were just a little add-on pack.

But I'm psyched for these new games, the new battles look amazing and while the starters look rather simple the designs will probably take off for real later in the evolution. Don't want to have the bottom of the chain be too complicated already.

Although I think I saw the character in the video using roller skates (the part that shows the Eiffel Tower-like structure). It's interesting, but I'd rather keep with a bike myself.

I only saw the video and the screenshots, but...WOW. WOW, GAMEFREAK.

WOW.

I'll have your babies if it means I get to play it soon. An October worldwide release is beautiful. I am getting a 3DS straight-away since I finally have the dinero~

There are so many things I'm just ecstatic about. The 3D, the old Pokemon, the amazing graphics, the (assumed) lack of Dragons on the box art... AND IS THAT PARIS? Are we getting a European-based region? If so, OH LAWD YES. Arceus has answered my prayers.

Let me just flail about the starters for a moment. FENNEKIN AND FROAKIE ARE THE CUTEST THINGS EVER. Especially since they're based off of cute animals in their own right. I'll pick one in X and one in Y. Game Freak, you're the reason I don't have money to go to college. You and your stupidly good games.

I just noticed something...Isn't Bulbasaur also based on a frog? I don't remember the exact species, though, and Froakie seems to be based on a coqui or dart frog instead of whatever Bulbasaur is. Vulpix and Fennekin don't strike me as similar, mostly because while they're both foxes, they're different species. (Red fox and Fennec fox, respectively.) The other one...I don't really care much about it. The other two are too cool for me to really pass judgement on him.

The 3D sleeping animations better be precious.

You know? I think the names are a little sub-par, but I'm fine with this. I was initially against the idea of messing with the sprites and making models instead, especially the pokedex 3d pro ones. Howeveer, these ones look far more spritely and I like it! The grass starter IS a bit disappointing due to its similarities to oshawott, but then again I don't care. Different pokemon took different 'evolutionary' points in different places, hence why we have Timburr and Machop, Tympole and Poliwag.

Also, pokemon from all regions (or at least Kirlia!) YAAAAY!

On a sub-note, the only thing I think is needed now is for the camera to become overhead when on a route. in towns and buildings it's fine to be down, but I think it should still be overhead in routes.

Woohoo! Today has been a great day! Now, when Pokemon X and Y has been realised, they can starting work on Ruby and Sapphire re-makes in 3D with the new engine!

:ksmile: So happy about this announcement! I would also love for the games to be based in Europe.

I might be imagining this (because I want it so bad), but does it seem like there might be character customisation in this game? I don't know, just having a character in front of a mirror brings that to mind. I would love that but it isn't neccessary I guess.

Generally, it looks awesome. I like the look of all of the starters, and have decided to go for Fennekin. I love Fennec foxes! Just hope the evolutions are equally good/look great. I will be buying X too, the deer legendary looks cool, although the bird/vulture legendary looks brilliant too! My boyfriend will go for Y. As a biologist it just makes me think of chromosomes (good point, whoever pointed out that it was axes, love that)! If that is a DNA helix in the title designs, awesome. I will be wondering what that means now...

Basically I can't wait! :crush:

I'm pretty happy about what the trailer has to reveal. The fact they already named the Starters in every language (Feunnec or Fennekin in french, which is a portmanteau of Feu (Fire) and Fennec) is a bit of a surprise though. Also, one thing I'll finally be able to access in Pokémon since Pokémon Platinum : WI-FI !! Having a router that doesn't let me go on Wi-Fi with DS games is quite the pain, and the fact these new games are coming to life on the 3DS means I'll finally be able to go over there ! :D

Now my only true fear is having Fennekin's final evolution becoming a Fire/Fighting type Pokémon, yet again. But I'm pretty sure Game Freak won't do that : using this type combination for the fourth time in a row on a starter would be just dumb at this point.

Maybe we feel Gen VI is being released early because Japan always had their stuff before us. I'm not sure, but maybe Gen V has already lasted long enough in Japan, but not for us

I've just thought about it : for April's Fools, Game Freak could prank us by saying there is indeed a Fire/Fighting Pokémon,and make people freak out because that dual type is associated with 3 last generations's starters's final evolution. That'd work well I think XD

I see many people are saying that gen VI has came early. To be honest who cares if it has came warly. I dont think generation V (maybe just me) and this video already shows more portential that Gen V didnt. I mean by the looks of the video pokemon are universal from the very start of the game (well not garunteed but I'd like to think it wouldent make that mistake again)

The only disappointment I have gained from this is I was hoping for different starters. I mean fire/grass/water are the main types, I thought a change would be nice. the starters still look epic!!

I see many people are saying that gen VI has came early. To be honest who cares if it has came warly. I dont think generation V (maybe just me) and this video already shows more portential that Gen V didnt. I mean by the looks of the video pokemon are universal from the very start of the game (well not garunteed but I'd like to think it wouldent make that mistake again)

The only disappointment I have gained from this is I was hoping for different starters. I mean fire/grass/water are the main types, I thought a change would be nice. the starters still look epic!!

If the final evolutions are Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting, then it's going to be better than great.
I think that it has came a little to early, but that's because they needed a 3DS game urgently. I'll keep saying that if they had released B/W or B2/W2 for the 3DS, this new generation wouldn't feel kinda rushed.

Is it wrong of me to admit that when I spotted Golurk in the video, I let loose a big ol' fangirl squeal? 'Cause I did. I totally did. (And I want one of those statues; you know, the one that was near the bridge at the castle. That would look beyond epic in my front yard!)

Anywhoo~

To me, it feels a bit early but I guess I'm okay with that. I'm digging the new Starters (Oh man, that fox is killer cute and the frog...!) and I have high hopes for the Legendaries. I really want that deer-type Legendary, if it is an actual Mythical Pokemon. The design just screams Princess Mononoke to me.

And it better be Water/Fighting this time around! That little froggie looks like he could be one heckuva scrapper! Can't wait until October! XD

Anyone else wondering how the simultaneous thing will affect the anime? I mean, the schedule for the show is so closely synchronized with the release dates of major games, both in Japan and the US. Cuz of all the work it takes to dub any anime, i highly doubt they could release new episodes in both languages at the same time. So are we just gonna have to wait for episodes based on the XY games until about three months after the games come out?

I'm excited about this! 3D POKEMON ADVENTURE EEEE

The designs of the newly revealed Pokemon look fabulous (especially the legendaries; this is the first time I've actually indecisive as to which one I'd rather have! Lol)

I do feel like Gen V was way too short, though. I haven't even gotten BW2 yet, and now I'm actually considering skipping it to save both time and money toward getting myself a 3DS and a new Gen VI game in October. XD

Well, that didn't take long. We already got our first case of Poke-fakes:

Y4tx9.jpg

!?!?!? Hmm...odd that so many people aren't excited about this. We got the re-vamp that has been long overdue. We avoided the "silhouette tease" that would have been gossip fodder (and much more irritating than the anticipation). And we got a first hand look at how the new system works.
Personally, I am so excited that I am jumping out of my skin.
(Yeah, okay, so part of that is the new "fire fox" Pokemon. So sue me!)

This is going to be fantastic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom